2017 TMFL Midseason Power Rankings

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by hskr8128, Dec 29, 2014.

1. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    With the season now halfway over, we've seen some teams rise to the top, while some 2016 contenders have fallen by the wayside. Let's see how they stack up

Super Bowl Favorites
    1. Seattle Seahawks (8-1)-Yes, I realize they just lost their first game. However, they are the two time defending Super Bowl champions and have MVP Russell Wilson who is once again playing at that level. They stay at #1 for us.

2. Denver Broncos (8-0)- The Broncos offseason acquisition of DT Marcell Dareus has proven to be fruitful as they are clearly the best defense in TMFL. Miller and Dareus are a fearsome duo, combining for 18 sacks already. The offense is pretty good themselves, with the three headed rushing attack of Ball, Swope and Ashley getting the job done.

The Elite
    3. Houston Texans (7-1)-The Texans have been once of TMFL's most consistently good teams through 3 seasons and remain near the top. They have a huge showdown against the Broncos that will go along way towards determining just how good they are in 2017.

4. Chicago Bears (7-1)-The Bears have been lead back to the top by new coach Craig. Fans love that he is getting them back to hard nosed defense and winning games. He's even done it with QB Macon Stallworth missing time, although with the way Tolzien played, fans may be calling for a permanent change at QB. Having already beat the Philadelphia Eagles, the Bears are the NFC's clear cut #2.

5. Cincinnati Bengals (6-2)-The defending AFC Champs haven't missed a beat this season. After early season stumbles to the Steelers and Jets, the Bengals have been on a tear lately, knocking off top teams such as the Eagles and Giants.

6. Philadelphia Eagles (6-2)-The Eagles have overcome the injury to Lesean McCoy and are still playing top notch football. Their only losses have been to two of the best teams in TMFL this year, the Bengals and Bears.

7. Oakland Raiders (7-2)-The Raiders look to be slighted by missing the playoffs last season and are out to make sure that doesn't happen this season. Expect them to begin to vault up this ranking as they have probably the easiest remaining schedule in the TMFL, facing the Saints, Bucs and Jags still. A series with the division leading Broncos still looms.

The Contenders
    8. Arizona Cardinals (6-2)-The Cardinals have been a pleasant surprise this season but we have to be convinced this record isn't a product of their schedule. They've gotten 4 wins off teams from the NFC South and AFC East, the two weakest divisions. They still face 3 more teams from those divisions so as long as they stay consistent, expect to see them in the playoffs.

9. Detroit Lions (5-3)-Record aside, the Lions are still a top 5 team in this league. Time away for the coach has resulted in some unfortunate sim results but they will rebound and make some noise late in the season

10. Dallas Cowboys (6-3)-It was very difficult deciding which NFC East team deserved the final spot in the top 10 of these rankings. We went with the Cowboys due to the head to head win over the Giants and the elite level sophomore QB Brett Hudson is playing at.

11. New York Giants (6-3)-The Giants are one heartbreaking loss against the Eagles in week 1 from leading the NFC East and being much higher in these rankings. They are a very consistent team, losing only to the Bengals, Cowboys and Eagles, all very good opponents. They can beat anyone at anytime so they are a threat moving forward.

12. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-3)-The Steelers seem to have an achilles heel named the NFC East. They are 0-3 against that division and 5-0 against all others. They do hold impressive wins over division rivals Cincinnati and Cleveland and solid wins against the Jets and Raiders out of division. Rookie QB Alexanders seems to be learning quickly and Pittsburgh will go as he goes.

13. New York Jets (6-3)-It was whispered all off-season long, now they are screaming it from MetLife Stadium. The Jet's are the AFC East's best team, as evidence by their absolute dismantling of Buffalo in week 10. The scary part is, they seem to be just finding their groove behind rookie QB Johnny Martin. Look out for the Jets.

Fighting for a spot
    14. Cleveland Browns (4-4)-The Browns are a teams no one wants to play.

AHHH! For some reason my browser crashed and I lost all my progress on this when I was on the 29th team :mad:. Don't feel like re-typing everything so this is what I got. Sorry guys.

• Like Like x 6
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 5
  2. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Still 8-0 plan on being 9-0 after tonight.

3. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I knew that. Don't know how I messed it up. Figured I'd get some crap for putting Seattle ahead of you lol

4. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

What time is your game? I'm sure some people will like to watch that.

Great write up man! Sucks you lost progress but thanks for adding some content, like it!!

5. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Eh I made the playoffs last season o_O

6. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Very nice write up man! Gonna be some more shaking up as the season goes. Starts this week with the Broncos going on a 2 game skid! :mask:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Did you? For some reason I thought Steelers and Titans were the wildcards. My bad man lol

8. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

No I missed out lol

9. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I'm feeling okay at 4-5..... I had restarts vs the 49ers, Bills, and Cowboys all while leading in the second half, so I could easily be sitting at 6-3 or 7-2 if the ball bounces the other way. There is a lot of season left and I still have tough games against the Cardinals, Bears, and Jets. On my side though is that all of those are in St Louis. Its a long shot, but for now I still believe I have a shot at sneaking into the NFC playoff picture.

Great write up hskr8128

• Like Like x 1
  10. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    We didn't have a restart did we? I don't think so anyways. But yea, I had you at 17 I believe before I lost it

11. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I thought we did...... I know I had the 49ers dead to rights in our first game and after the restart it was completely one sided. Against Dallas I was up 25-20 in a game that could have gone either way and the restart was one sided.

12. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

3. Houston Texans (7-1)-The Texans have been once of TMFL's most consistently good teams through 3 seasons and remain near the top. They have a huge showdown against the Broncos that will go along way towards determining just how good they are in 2017.

o_O:wtf:o_O:wtf:o_O I'm not sure if this is a compliment or a slight.

13. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Use your anger to put the broncos on a downward spiral!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

heh we really haven't played that well this year so we will see

15. Black Republican

It's all love when Madden gives it .. LOL

DL.com says the Seahawks & Broncos play the two softest schedules available.. :p:bag:
    There's one... haha jinxed bjj

16. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

How in the world you won with 5 interceptions is beyond me... Do tell! Congrats on the win!

17. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

And the downward spiral begins....

bringbackjimmy

18. kcstlmang

kcstlmang Walk On

haha ugly game, home field is a mofo.
    :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

19. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Was a humbling experience. A lot of laps being ran in practice.

20. Black Republican

Chiefs take down Broncos 27-8 .. Told you a lot of movement yet to come! Week 13 it's time for the Eagles to take down the Seahawks and do my part as a regulator :borg:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1