***2017 Week 5 is open! Deadline Monday 2/3/14 @ Midnight EST***

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by LtJustice, Feb 1, 2014.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

The franchise has been advanced and week 5 is now open. The deadline for week 5 is Monday 2/3/14 @ Midnight EST.

REMINDER:

- All division games require a recap. The list of required recaps will be posted at a later time (Michael Overman).

- Use of the scheduling forum is REQUIRED! Any owner not posting in the scheduling forum within 24 hours of advance (unless the game is played in that time frame), will be considered as not doing their part.

Good luck to everyone in week 5!

~Jim

Aaron (Hulk_hagen_55 )
    Alex (
    Ninersfan80)
    Avery (
    AveryB)
    Carl T. (
    CTfromDC)
    Chris (
    CSteud)
    Curtis (
    thafuture3886)
    Danny (
    DJDunn6)
    Dav
    e (saintsdave75)
    Doug (
    CHUNKNESS)
    Eddie (
    pittrocks43)
    Eric (
    Easy Dez It)
    Heath (
    heathh)
    James M. (
    cry_havoc)
    James Y. (
    Phenom)
    Jeremy (
    Jeremy)
    Jim (
    LtJustice)
    Jon (
    Warhawk AKA dreadman)
    Josh (
    Josh Barnes)
    Juan V. (
    Juan Valencia)
    Karim (@karim)
    Kris (
    Coach KO)
    Lawon (
    MrWitness36)
    Loren (
    ThaBayouChef)
    Michael C. (
    KNICKSFAN_84)
    Michael O. (
    Michael Overman)
    Mike A. (
    Miki1369)
    Moe (
    CaptMoe)
    Pope (
    dablakpope)
    Reis (
    Mugga)
    Rob (
    PepperNY)
    T.J. (
    klaximilian)
    Troy (redlishus)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

If someone is willing to help me out with this game let me know. I can't sprint or run on offense can't stop anyone on defense and can't get any pressure. Getting to not even be any fun with these games

3. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I can't seem to cover anyone and my receivers hardly ever get open, join the party lol

4. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

It isn't really fun going into every game knowing you will get blown out with no way of stopping it though. That's why I asked if anyone would be willing to help out, to at least bring the fun back into playing

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

This version has been the oddest of the entire franchise. There is no rhythm to anything and I feel it plays totally different each game.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Agreed, this year's Madden has been one of the worsts in awhile gameplay wise IMO..

7. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

yeah for some reason guys keep getting open left and right against me this season, it maybe the young secondary i have but damn. I know whats coming and i cant stop it... it becomes frustrating after a while for sure.

8. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I partially agree with you guys. If guys spread out with 4-5 WR's there's pretty much no way to stop the offense. If you run man, someone will always be open on a crossing route. If you run zone, there will be gaps all over. I like the game, but it definitely has it's flaws. Hopefully with M15, or w/e they decide to call it, the PS4 version will be light years ahead of M25. Big stretch, but judging by MLB: The Show and it's new additions since going to the 4, the Madden team SHOULD be able to enhance this game by 10x.

9. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Not to sound like a douche but defense is not as hard as u guys are making it out ti be. I personally find it as a challenge to scheme a way to stop anything the offense tries. I'm not the best and may not have all the answers but if anyone wants tips I'll be glad to help out if I can. Except u ThaBayouChef lol

• Like Like x 4
  10. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I'm in the same boat as you. I'll join "team-douche" on this one.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Defense is easy for guys that are good/great at usering LBs or Safeties. For guys like me that run base defenses and user D-Line, defense aint easy.

So get better at usering, right? I agree

12. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Curtis, i will definitely hit u up on YIM to see if u can help me out with how to stop post and crossing routes, im good against the run and all the other routes however these two i cant seem to find a way to stop.

• Like Like x 1
  13. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Not necessarily, there are guys that user the d line and always play great defense. I believe dablakpope and PepperNY user the d line and consistently have good defenses.

I just hate the "my defense isn't working so let me blame the game" argument. If defense was terrible for everyone then yeah I would agree but if people are having success I tend to believe it's not the game. Like I said if I can provide any tips I will gladly help but it's not always the game's fault when something is not working. Sometimes the perfect play call can be successful regardless of what defense u call

• Like Like x 1
  14. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I would go out on a limb and say that crossing routes are ran over 75% of the time when teams are facing a 3rd and 5+ situation...No coincidence there.

15. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

^^^^ And that's Madden in general, not just M25. Same was true last year, and the year before that. They've fixed the gimme hitch routes from last year, so they have progressed. But still work to do. The game will never be perfect though, let's just face the facts. There will always be grey area's for players. I have a top 5-10 D this year, so I'm not even really complaining, just calling it how I see it.

16. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Just because people have success doesn't mean there isn't a flaw in how defenses line up and play in the game. Playing on PS4 the defense actually reacts to the ball being thrown in their general direction and make a play for it. Maybe my secondary just sucks on here but any ball thrown their way they just stand still, especially the safeties. With that said, I'd love some tips on trying to stop pretty much anything having to do with passing defense :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I user the D-Line more now than ever since I can't seem to get control of the movements to user safety like I used to. It's more play-calling than anything at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  18. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I heard this as well, and am really hoping that this holds true for Madden as well.

19. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Madden is a completely different (and awesome) game on the 4.

20. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

SMH at some of this

It's a level playing field, we are all playing the same title on the same system. We are still playing the same game, that has been a fruitful and currently ongoing season. Yes it has flaws, but I've enjoyed my games (even through 2 win seasons), and I'm still enjoying my games.

ThaBayouChef If you think an opponent is running a certain play 75% of the game on 3rd...that's a problem. I've never experienced anyone over abusing the slant. Furthermore, I think the slant is stoppable. This league should clearly be above -over use and abusing certain play types.

discussing pros of ps4 M25 to ps3 M25 is a natural thing...but that doesn't mean it is very productive or needs to be discussed ad nauseum. This league will be on the ps3 through the completion of the M25 title.

• Like Like x 3
  21. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

When I say crossing routes, I don't mean slants specifically. I actually rarely see people run the slant in this Madden. Slants are a type of crossing route, but there are more than just a typical slant.

22. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I don't think they would have even scratched the surface with the initial release. Give it a year or two and you will see some serious improvements.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Good to know you are enjoying your games. Is it wrong to ask people for advice? That's what I was asking for when I first posted because, to me, it's not fun going into a game feeling helpless in stopping anything on defense. I also only count 4 posts which even mention the play on ps4, hardly "ad nauseum" and not even one guy even mentions the notion of moving the league from ps3 to 4.

24. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Zikry - Im an average at best user on defense. I chalk up my ability to play D (at times) into getting into a rythym. Most of mydefensive strategy is cliche.

I hope to stop the run. Then work on the pass.

I do make adjustments during the game. I also review stats of teams im going to play. Sometimes this identify who the ball goes to. Also, some people like the same types of routes when they face situations. So how i play in the first half may be slightly different than how i play the second half. Making it a cheese game.

Blitz the house, try and take away the first read. Its not easy but ive had games where I felt I knew what play was cold as soon as i saw the formation. Sometimes the best defensve is patience. I guess im thinking that if someone is going to drive down field on me, I want them to use as many plays as possible. The more plays that the offense runs, there more opportunities to get a turnover.

• Like Like x 5
  25. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

My defense is ranked top 10 every year and I do mix up who I control but mostly I do user someone on the DL. It's all about showing the offense different looks and the most important thing for me is getting pressure with my front 4 so I don't have to blitz. That all comes back to player personnel.

My issue this release has not been my defense but my offense turning it over putting my defense in a bad spot.

• Like Like x 2