2018 All-Snoopy Team

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by xtreme snoopy, Apr 11, 2011.

1. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

Welcome, I once again am bringing you the best of the young talent from around our great conference. As a rule refresher players must be a true or redshirt freshman and must start or recieve considerable play time (such as a 3rd and 4th WR). Without further adieu I bring you this years line up

QB
    RS(Fr) ARMY’s Lester Lee 6’5” 217lbs (68 ovr, 76 spd, 78 acc, 80 thp, 77 tha)

HammerHead has yet to make a decision so I decided to do a little something to give him a nudge in the right directing by nominating his current second stringer to the All-Snoopy team. There were a couple impressive freshman outside of Army’s two-qb conundrum (WKU’s Travis Marks and UAB’s Richard Mitchell and Idaho’s Jon Wheeler) but seeing as they don’t start I’m more than happy to give FMF(hammerhead) his first All-Snoopy player. Lester comes in with elite size and an above average arm, delivering accurate passes but lacks the elite arm strength for long balls right now. Army’s coach has shown public signs of wavering between his two youngsters and in this man’s opinion, Lee will be starter by week 2. Book it.

HB
    RS(Fr) IDAHO’s William Lane 5’11” 199lbs (78 ovr, 81 spd, 73 str, 86 agi, 82 acc, 79 btk, 77 car, 81 trk, 76 elu, 83 bcv, 70 cth, 87 stf arm and spn, 78 jk)

Willie Lane here looks to be a good APB. With decent hands coming out of the backfield and the ability to mix it up between the tackles, he appears to be a guy you could count on during any down, even as a current second stringer. His downside would be the lack of any discernable north-south speed. His stats read what you would expect your 6’1” 225 power back to have but bundled up in a much smaller package. I was surprised by the lack of youth at starting HB/second string HB. A lot of veteran talent at the top of the depth charts

FB
    True Fr WKU’s Justin Hawthorne 6’1” 228lbs (69 ovr, 79 spd, 82 acc, 98 agi, 76 str, 78 pbf, 86 stf arm, 80 bcv)

I almost didn’t want to put a FB but Hawthorne is good enough to make this years edition of the All-Snoop team. He’s a very intriguing player, he has the basic tools to become a very good FB and his 98 agi is pretty awesome should you need him to pick up some production on the ground. His blocking leaves some things to be desired but nothing that cant be improved in 4 years.

WR
    RS(Fr) KENT STATE’s Marquice Bolden 6’4” 218lbs (76 ovr 80 spd 89 acc 78 agi 90 rte 84 cit 83 sp cth 82 jmp 84 rls 78 car)

I must first compliment the conference one what appears to be a bumper crop of young wide receivers. Multiple teams have at least one young stud. Sadly many were too low on their respective depth charts to be considered but they have certainly been noted. Kent State has the distinction of youngest corp however. Qwon’s 2,3, and 4 recievers are all freshman and all 76 ovr. While Bolden was the lowest of the 3, currently sitting in the number 4 spot, I found him to be more impressive. He certainly has the size, a good 3 inches over the next tallest in the trio, and his other attributes make up for his lack of top end speed. I think Bolden could turn out the best of the three when all is said and done.

RS (Fr) WMU’s Michael Green 5’11” 203lbs (78 ovr, 91 spd, 83 acc, 85 agi, 73 cth, 74 rte, 84 cit, 88 jmp, 84 rls, 71 car, 78 btk)

Green is an anti-Bolden. While Bolden is your big go up and get it possession receiver, Green is more of a quick inside guy with good hands and agility and even better speed. There’s not much he does bad and with 3 seniors in front of him he looks to become a number 1 option in the very near future.

TE
    True Fr KENT STATE’s Ronald Butler 6’6” 238 lbs (77 ovr, 80 spd, 78 acc, 77 agi, 75 cth, 70 cit,rte 71 pb, 82 rb, 78 str, 80 pbs, pbf)

This one wasn’t even close. Butler is far and away the best freshmen TE out there. While there is some youth in the starting TE spots there is very little quality. Butler does it all and does it all very well. Need a receiver? He’s your guy with 75 cth and enough speed to get you some extra YAC. Need an extra blocker? Well shit he can do that too, with better ratings than some starting OL’s (trust me I’ve looked) he can do a good job sealing the DE or reaching the OLB. Just about as good as last years All-Snoopy TE Caleb Carlson is now as a Soph, and that’s saying something.

OL
    RS(Fr) WKU’s RT Michael Coleman 6’5” 289lbs (75 ovr, 82 pb, 78 rb, 80 ib, 77 str, 84 rbf, 75 rbs, 74 pbf, 84 pbs)

I was surprised at how little youth there is on the H4Y OL’s. Only enough for 3 freshmen to receive the honor of being on the All-Snoopy team and they are all tackles. Despite a weak overall class the cream of the class is still very good, such as DCD’s Coleman. A good technique guy with good strength, he wont impress you with anything in particular but he wont let you down either, he has no weak attribute category.

RS(Fr) IDAHO’s T.J. Collins 6’3” 310 lbs (77 ovr, 74 acc, 68 awr, 81 pb, 74 rb, 77 ib, 79 str, 77 rbf, 76 rbs, 85 pbf, pbs)

Collins is your prototypical left tackle. He is a massive individual who can just pass block the shit out of whatever defense he faces. This is very important in FMF’s offense, one that likes to go to the air a lot. His excellent pass blocking skill are supplemented by decent run blocking skills, nothing to write home about exactly but still good for a youngster.

True Fr KENT STATE’s Steven Rowe 6’7” 281lbs (75 ovr, 75 acc, 76 pb, 75 rb, 73 ib, 78 str, 77 rbf, 75 rbs, 84 pbf, 85 pbs)

Rowe is quite the impressive looking individual. He’s the kind of guy you want getting off your team bus first. He is another great pass blocking tackle who is serviceable in the ground game but really shines when locking down the right side on pass plays. Quite similar to Idaho’s Collins in several aspects. Could end up being a force and anchor of Qwon’s O-Line in a very short amount of time.

• Like Like x 2
  2. xtreme snoopy

Ill get the Defense up tomorrow

3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Of all my young stud WR's, I can't believe you picked Bolden's slow ass. My TE is as fast as him. You should have gone with Kramer. He'll be the best of the bunch.

4. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Yea, Snoopy seems to like slow guys that RB is terrible. I think my Freshmen RB is 3rd on the depth chart but has already logged a ton of carries with the starter out.

It generally seems like it's hard to get young linemen on the field for some reason.

5. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Lol Lane is that guy that was a 4* that I spent ten total minutes on. He just wanted to be a Vandal. He never looked impressive on paper but he did decently against Boise filling in for Johnson. He'll never be a starter for me, but he's somewhat serviceable. I find it hard to believe he's the best freshman back in H4Y though, overall rating be damned.

6. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Shoot, that tackle listed is my starting RT as a true frosh.

7. nikpin

Well your team sucks.

8. xtreme snoopy

Lane was the only good qualified HB so he got in by default, this years offense is quite a bit weaker than last years for sure though.... And ill take bolden all day over kramer, 80 spd is slow but eighty nine accel is close to elite, speed isnt everything. ill take his improved route running, release and catvh in traffic

9. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Better than your bitch ass Broncos...

10. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Oh... the pain of looking at the All-Snoopy team, wondering where any of my players are, and then realizing my team sucks....

11. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I've actually went with Lee since week 1. Wilkerson got a half of play in the blowout against Air Force but LL was always the man and has played well so far. We haven't asked much of him yet but he will be put in some tough spots in conference play. Hes played fairly well going for 6 TD and 4 INT through 3 games. No less than 3 of those INT though are on tip drills from the damn good defensive fronts of Pitt and Penn State though.

12. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Well, that just made my decision easier. Lester Lee, out for the fucking season...

13. xtreme snoopy

ouch brutal man... least you have a bit of talent behind him

In other news I'm gonna try and bang out the rest of the defense after DCD and my game is done... Lot harder to pick on that side of the ball than the offense

14. xtreme snoopy

ouch brutal man... least you have a bit of talent behind him

In other news I'm gonna try and bang out the rest of the defense after DCD and my game is done... Lot harder to pick on that side of the ball than the offense

15. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

This game really made my see just how erratic Wilkersons arm is though. He looks like hellen keller throwing on some of these passes...

16. xtreme snoopy

For some reason I cant edit the original post so ill post Defense down here

DE

True Fr ULL's DE Rickey Bullock 6'2" 260lbs (74 ovr, 73 spd, 75 acc, 78 str/pwr mv, 73 fin mv, 74 tak, 79 blk shd, 85 pur, 71 pwr, 84 jmp)

Bullock is one of two true freshman starting at DE for me. He is also one the best all around true freshmen I've ever had, he doesn't have one area thats elite but he's very good in just about every aspect of his game. He's got great strength for a true FR and could easily play down inside if needed. He's been a big boon to my defense and alot of credit goes to Bullock for my improved defensive play

True Fr WKU's DE Kevin Smith 5'11" 239lbs (76 ovr, 75 spd, 80 acc, 71 str, 82 tak/blk shd, 77 pwr mv, 79 fin mv/pur, 73 pwr, 76 jmp)
    While Bullock is more useful in run defense, though he mixes it up well in his pass rush, Smith is more geared to getting to the QB. He has good acceleration, fantastic block shedding and uses his hands well for a freshman with 79 and 77 power and finesse moves respectively. He's on the smaller side (a DE under 6 foot is kind of WTF) but the kid can play.

Honorable Mention (WMU's Corey Smith 76 ovr, 3rd string; USU's Joe Billings 77 ovr, 2nd string; ULL's Clifton Quinn 72 ovr, starter; Army's Marcus Clark 69 ovr, starter; Kent St.'s Donald Bell 76 ovr; 2nd string)

DT

RS(Fr) WMU's James Caldwell DT 6'5" 281lbs (82 ovr, 70 spd, 81 acc, 83 str, 86 tak, 72 pwr mv, 80 fin mv, 73 blk shd, 82 pur, 76 pwr, 63 stam)

WMU once again provides quality All-Snoopy players which isn't surprising considering his recruiting advantage. Caldwell is the best DT to be placed on the All-Snoopy team since its inception last season. He brings elite strength, tackling, pursuit ability and use of hands. He's no Terrance Cody/3-4 DT/NT but in a 4-3 D he can be deadly, mixing it up inside while being able to help stop the run, be it between the tackles or forcing plays to the sideline. Only downside is low stamina, something that could force him to stand on the sideline for a few plays per game. Quite the specimen Nik has at DT.

True Fr USU's Ryan Church 6'3" 280lbs (72 ovr, 70 acc, 78 str, 72 tak, 85 pwr mv, 76 fin mv, 86 blk shd, 78 pur, 74 pwr)

Church is a great looking DT. He's not the complete player Caldwell is, to be fair few are, but he does some things on par or better with Caldwell too. He is great inside with 85 power moves and 86 block shedding. That combo should lead to a great deal of sacks and TFL's during Church's tenure with the aggies.

OLB

True Fr Army's Andy Fogle 6'3" 211lbs (76 ovr, 80 spd, 91 acc, 71 agi, 72 tak, 70 play rec, 81 blk shd, 83 pur, 80 zcv, 73 mcv, 79 pwr, 82 str, 76 pwr mv, 74 fin mv, 71 jmp)

HH landed his first All-Snoopy player with Lester Lee (RIP) and now he lands his first defensive player with Andy Fogle. Fogle is a great player who I would love to play for my team. He brings good speed, elite acceleration, elite strength and the coverage skills of a good safety. Pass or run he can be there in good position to make a play, be it behind the LOS or 20 yards down field. Needs to increase his awareness and tackling ability but these are small quibbles in the grand scheme of things.

True Fr Kent State's John Pope 6'5" 213lbs (75 ovr, 78 spd, 85 acc, 76 agi, 79 tak, 76 play rec, 68 blk shd, 75 pur, 90 zcv, 80 mcv, 81 pwr, 73 cth, 76 str, 87 jmp)

Pope is a strong safety playing linebacker. He's got to be one of the thinnest linebackers Ive seen when you factor his height into the equation. His coverage skills are unmatched among linebackers however, as 90 zone coverage has got to be an awesome thing to have when trying to defend those short crosses over the middle. Poor block shedding detracts from his other good attributes though as its never a good thing having a linebacker that can't get off blocks to make plays in the run game. He is a step below Fogle however its a small step.

Honorable Mention (WMU's Brent Williams 82 ovr; second string, would have been in over Pope had he started)

MLB

RS(Fr) WMU's Charlie Maxey 6'0" 244lbs (81 ovr, 86 spd, 85 acc, 73 agi, 78 tak/ply rec, 81 blk shd, 95 pur, 69 zcv, 71 mcv, 88 pwr, 86 str, 66 pwr mv, 56 fin mov, 81 jmp)

Maxey was the only eligible MLB this season, that doesn't matter much though because he more than likely wins over anyone else anyway. Maxey is one of the best MLB in the conference already and still has lots of playing time to go. He has excellent speed and when you couple that with 95 pursuit it creates a monster in the run defense. It doesnt matter where you are Maxey will find you and then probably knock you unconscious. While he excels at that part of his game his coverage skill are lacking to the point where you'd almost rather him blitz than go into coverage. Maxey is an animal plain and simple

CB

RS(Fr) WMU's Lee Williams 5'10" 188lbs (83 ovr, 97 spd/acc, 79 agi, 84 mcv, 94 zcv, 79 press, 84 play rec, 81 pur, 63 tak, 47 str, 90 jmp)

Lee Williams is what a corner back should be. He's insanely fast, could keep a flock of birds in blanket coverage and has the up's to appear to be able to fly himself. Nothing much else to say about the young man except that we all hate you. Will be interesting to see if 79 press is good enough for Nikpin's D.

For my 2nd CB spot there are 3 guys who I consider equal, not necessarily equal attributes but basically I cant decide between. I will post all three on here and have the league pick the spot ill post a thread about it to. Its the all new INTERACTIVE All-Snoopy team

ARMY's Ryan Alston 6'2" 193lbs (70 ovr, 87 spd, 82 acc, 79 agi, 56 awr, 85 mcv/zcv, 81 prs, 75 play rec, 72 pur, 57 cth, 51 tak, 48 str, 82 jmp, 62 pwr, 51 blk shd)
    IDAHO's Zach Hunt 6'0" 193lbs (71 ovr, 90 spd, 84 acc, 81 agi, 62 awr, 79 mcv, 85 zcv, 76 prs, 69 play rec/pur, 65 cth, 60 tak, 48 str, 85 jmp, 74 pwr, 50 blk shd)
    ULL's Jason Johnson 5'9" 189lbs (70 ovr, 91 spd, 75 acc/agi, 47 awr, 82 mcv/zcv, 63 prs, 64 cth, 83 play rec, 84 pur, 56 tak, 64 str, 94 jmp, 64 pwr, 74 blk shd)

Safety

True Fr IDAHO's SS Sam Nelson 6'4" 193lbs (73 ovr, 77 spd, 85 acc, 76 agi, 76 tak, 80 mcv, 86 zcv, 75 play rec, 83 pwr, 71 cth, 75 pur, 76 str, 77 prs, 85 jmp, 70 blk shd)

Nelson is, I think, a good representation of many of the safeties in the C-USA. He has no discernible speed, though his acceleration is good, but he can cover and play up close to the line rather well. He reminds me of my own SS 2-time AA Cameron Meade. If his speed can progress he could turn into a very dangerous player in the deep field.

True Fr Kent State's SS John Ward 6'0" 172 lbs (75 ovr, 80 spd, 87 acc, 73 agi, 74 tak, 80 mcv, 88 zcv, 74 play rec, 93 pwr, 67 cth, 82 pur, 70 str, 81 prs, 77 jmp, 73 blk shd)

Ward is a bit better than Nelson. He has better speed, slightly better coverage skill and damn can this kid hit. He's like Eric Berry without the speed or strength. He needs to play well however as Qwon's secondary leaves some things to be desired and when your number 1 corn back only has 81 speed safety help is a definite must.

Honorable Mention (WMU's Steve Washington 81 ovr; second stringer, would have made it had he been a starter)

• Like Like x 2
  17. nikpin

Maxey ate up Crumb's RB in my first game against a non spread team but he definitely comes off the field in passing situations. Steve Washington has 3 or 4 KR for TDs.

18. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

You gotta love my safety Ward sporting that 93 in the knocking mother fuckers out category... That would have made more sense for Pope's big ass rather than the 172 lb Ward, but oh well...

19. jkyle5

jkyle5 Walk On

Neither one of my safeties make this list??? Hmmmmm.... Brown's gotta be the best safety in C-USA..... not near my X-Box right now though... might be talking out my ass again.