2018 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Cheez, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Discuss!

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA gets 2 insta commits, a 4 star SS and a 4 star HB...with only 10 scholarships, not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. At the worst, I can spend all my extra time negative recruiting Stanford!

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Cal gets 3!!! Insta-Commits! For Cal it is good, with the #10 and #11 MLBs coming the Berkeley as a position of need, and a nice T iirc. That's 1/3 of the class done and only a qb in the needs. I am working on depth and talent uppage in my O-line as well.

4. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

MSU gets no commits this week. I have 17 spots to recruit for so my time will be a little more spread out.

5. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Arizona State gets an insta-commit :3stars: tackle, Lance Pennington. Though tackle is not a "need" position, the Sun Devils need depth along the O-line. Pennington has good strength and is equally adept at pass blocking and run blocking.

6. Cheez

I'm in the same boat, except with 15 scholarships if my memory serves correctly.

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

P(#2) :3stars:
    5'11 199lb Dayton, OH
    Brandon Ford
    KPW A-
    KAC C+

Huge leg. Seems that most of the top P/K want to come to OSU. We have a couple of good young kickers on the team already otherwise the Bucks would be stockpiling these guys.

FS(#3) :4stars:
    6'0 203lb Lexington, VA
    Gerard Malloy

Not the fastest last line of defense, but the top 3 FS are interested in the Bucks so he will most likely be joined by another croot of the same position in this class. Malloy will redshirt and could end up being a real force with his well-rounded skillset.

RB(#12) :4stars:
    6'1 205lb Salem, OH
    Jamil Cox

Nothing flashy, but looks like he will turn into a good runner. OSU needs RBs this year and are going after a helluva back to come in with Jamil. Will probably redshirt, allowing him to improve his already good first step (B+ Accel) and hopefully get enough time in the weightroom to reach his full potential.

8. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

:4stars: Guard Chad Collier is the first commit of the year for the Huskers in what figures to be a medium class with only 14 scholarships, quality will have to overcome quantity.

9. Cheez

Still waiting for my first recruit to commit to Stanford.

10. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

No commits for MSU. And we've got a lot of scholarships to use this season.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

They are waiting to see if they can count the amount of passes you throw a game on one hand or two

12. Cheez

it took some extra fingers then in one of my games :). I threw twelve!

13. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Ohio State lands the #1 RB recruit in the country. Sean Page is officially a Buckeye! OSU has two more commits on the books. More on them later...

RB(#1) :5stars:
    5'9 213lb Menomonee Falls, WI
    Sean Page

Speed: B+
    Accel: B+
    Agility: B
    Strength: C+
    Break Tackle/Stiff Arm: B-
    Trucking/Juke: B
    BCV: C+
    Carry: C

OSU snags the complete RB from Wisky's backyard. College football hasnt seen a back coming out of HS like this since Adrian Peterson. Page projects to be a bigger, faster version of MJD. Coaches are looking forward to incorporating him into the game plan ASAP. Roberson, Ohio State's Heisman candidate RB, is excited about the news and was quoted after his 250+ yd performance last week as saying "I've seen the tape on him and its crazy (laughs) ... We're all looking forward to having him on the team".

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

FML...I had about my entire board visit for the MSU game and still no commits! I need to borrow Kim from USC to get these guys to sign!

15. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

NU signs a :4stars:ATH who projects to become a CB with great speed and quickness. The Wildcats are looking to pull in some more top recruits to compete in the B1G.

16. Jayrah

A new era with Mexi in town! I like it

17. Bucs

Nebraska has had a few commitments in the past two weeks.

:4stars: #15 CB Jordan Williams out of Wichita Falls, Texas. 6'0 175. A very good corner coming in with B- Man, Zone and Press, combined with his A speed he looks like he will turn into a solid contributor.

:4stars: #13 HB Josh Jackson out of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. 5'11 204. A very balanced back, he will have a chance to contribute early with the lack of depth at the position for the Huskers.

:4stars: #16 Johnny Johnson out of Waterville, Maine. 6'0 217. Another solid back who can contribute, he is balanced but not as good as Jackson, but still will provide depth and see the field.

:4stars: #20 OLB Anthony Graham out of New Castle, Delaware. 6'2 205. His size leaves a bit to be desired but he makes up for it with his acceleration to the ball and ability to get off blocks, pursue the ball carrier and recognize plays. A smart kid from the Northeast.

18. MexiRican35

2 signings for NU the past 2 weeks

:3stars:TE Williams - Has B- speed and also B- RBK. His 6'3" 230 lbs size should pose problems if he lines up against a LB in pass.

:4stars:LT Jackson - One of the prizes of the class. A hometown boy who has C+ RBS and RBF.

19. Jayrah

Cal has rounded out their recruiting class (assuming nobody leaves early). Will give details in the next couple weeks.

20. Jayrah

By the way Cal got everyone it went after with the exception of the #16 cb, whom Stanford got

21. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Arizona State got a :2stars: punter, not much to say otherwise...although we do have a few soft commits.

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

UCLA is done, leaving them one spot for the offseason (assuming nobody leaves early)...good small class for the Bruins. Board updated.

23. MexiRican35

+2 for NU. Board is updated.

24. Bucs

Update to Nebraska's Board

:3stars: FS #26 Terrance Keyes out of Galliana, Louisiana. 6'1 189. A balanced safety, if he can develop his coverage skills a bit more he will be a big contributor.

:3stars: SS #19 Adam Coley out of Solon, Ohio. 6'3 178. Another Balanced safety who willneed some time to develop which he should get.

:4stars: DE #10 Barrett Perry out of Jersey City, New Jersey. 6'4 258. A big run stopping DE with B- in virtually all of the skills important to his position he will be a force.

:4stars: WR #15 Orlando Flores out of St.Peters, Missouri. 6'3 215. With his A- Speed, Route Running and Jumping he will make a great big target for his QB. Maybe the best wideout that I have recruited.

25. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Arizona State adds a few more pieces:

:3stars: MLB DeShawn Harris - He is well rounded and should improve once he gets in the program. His tackling needs some work, but he will have the chance to work on that as he redshirts.

:3stars: DT Noah Bell - Big things will be expected from Bell as he shows the ability to stop the run and will compete for a spot in the rotation from day one.

:2stars: G Justin Boyd - Justin is a JUCO JR and will provide much needed depth on the O-Line. He is a good run blocker and will likely start.