2018 Recruiting Thread!!!

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

How are your guyses classes cominges alongses... ok sorry... so far?

here at Ole Miss we are starting to put together the makings of a nice competitive class. We should sign at least one impact corner and a very solid running back for down the road. We are working on some various defensive linemen, some of whom might be converted to DE if we decide to go to a hybrid 3-4 / 4-3 system in the future. Other players on the hook include a 5-star blocking TE, juco free safety that might have to start as early as next year, etc... The one position I'm struggling at is fullback, where I have a need, but no potential players interested whatsoever. I might convert another TE to FB after the season.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

We inst signed 3 nice players here at Penn State. We are actually battle for some players this year. These players are nice and I said wtf. I sign plenty of kids with no problems lets go after a few. I am currently battling TCU for a nice CB. It doesnt look pretty but we are going ballz to the wallz.

We expect to have a top 5 class again....due to the sheer number of 5 stars we should sign. We are going to sign 2 MONSTA DEs this year.....should be fun!

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I am relieved you didn't go after #1 center David Underwood....

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yeah saw it would be a battle and we have a SR, JR and FR on the roster. Don't need to take the risk for a center....its not like they have a "bad snap" rating!

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hahaha... well if you had wanted him it wouldn't have been a battle. Neither ole miss or oklahoma has mich as a pipeline

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

SS(#4) :4stars:
    6'4 210lb San Jose, CA
    Nate Fellows

He isnt the fastest (B Speed/Acceleration) but the Utes are deep at both S spots and Fellows will be able to redshirt. Once his speed/accel/agility ratings get up around 90 he should be a great SS. He is big, has good coverage ratings, and is a "knock-back" tackler (B+ Hit Power). Coaches like this pickup and see him as a multi-year starter down the road.

DE(#19) :4stars:
    6'1 235lb Tallassee, AL
    Ryan Bailey

Bailey is a speed-rush type end and is still a little undersized at this point. A RS would do him good and coaches would like to see him closer to 250lb. He is fast though, and you usually cant teach that to a D-Lineman (B- Speed, Hit Power, Pursuit). Bailey should provide depth for a large part of his career, but if he can transform his body he could end up a very good player.

7. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

As usual my guys suck

8. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

At Georgia were in a battle for quite a few recruits. Got some visits and a few 2x's on those guys this week so it could be big.

10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

OLB(#2) :4stars:
    6'3 198lb Benson, AZ
    E.J. Colbert

Setting up a pipeline state in Arizona has paid dividends for the Utes once again. This time in the form of a great edge player. Coaches feel like Colbert is underrated at a :4stars: and see a bright future for him. His athleticism outside in the run and pass game will be appreciated.

ATH(#3) :5stars:
    6'2 237lb Parker, CO
    David James

This kid looks like a clone of current Utah RB Reggie Romero. The Utes are loaded at RB right now, but the staff couldnt pass up on a talent like this. Another pipeline steal and the Utah class is shaping up nicely so far.

11. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

When asked what was the key to the Georgia recruiting success, Coach Grav was quoted as saying " A lot of cheerleaders and a lot of blowjobs"

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Penn State is grabbing the usual solid class. We could use a QB though. We should be set at HB for the rest of the dynasty me thinks.

13. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

K(#1) :3stars:
    6'1 176lb Fort Morgan, CO
    Jeff Callahan
    A Kick Power
    C+ Kick Accuracy

Excellent kicker. The Utes have enjoyed a string of highly talented punters/kickers and Callahan continues the tradition.

G(#2) :4stars:
    6'2 296lb Frankfort, KY
    Jerome Dunlap
    B+ Acceleration
    B Strength

Highly-touted run blocker out of Kentucky, Jerome had a "Blindside-esque" highlight reel. Despite Coach Max's monumental efforts to bring in an entire OLine last season, Utah remains shallow across the board. Dunlap brings depth and could see playing time as a backup very early on his career.

MLB(#16) :4stars:
    6'1 235lb Evergreen, CO
    Nick Sampson
    A- Acceleration
    B- Speed

Utah is shallow and relatively untalented at MLB so this is a good pickup for them. Sampson brings athleticism to the table, but not much else. He isnt huge, spectacularly strong, or the most polished tackler... but he uses his speed and quickness to get in on the play. The Utes are going after a bigger, stronger, more prototypical MLB as well. The other MLB could be looking at immediately playing time, while Sampson could find himself redshirting if he doesnt wow in the pre-season. Either way, MLB is a point of emphasis and the coaches are recruiting accordingly.

C(#7) :4stars:
    6'3 285lb Cedartown, GA
    Eric Walton
    B- Acceleration

Good, well-rounded prospect. Coaches like his size and positional flexibility. Walton could wind up anywhere on the OL. We will have to see where he lands when everything shakes out in the offseason.

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Not all of these players have signed, but I do guarantee we'll get each one of them...

:4stars: #10 HB Eric Penn - 6'1" 205, Soddy-Daisy, TN
    A- SPD, B+ STA, B AGI/ACC/INJ, B- ELU/SFA
    Solid running back with nice top-end speed. He may never be a full-time player, kind of depends on how much he improves.

:5stars: #3 TE Casey Hines - 6'6" 249, Whiteville, NC
    C+ SPD / B- STR - C- AGI / B STA / C- CTH / B- CIT / B- RTE / C REL / C PBK / C+ RBK / B- IBL
    Since when is the #3 TE a five star? Very good all around TE, we love his size/strength combniation and he'll be a real plus as a blocker for us.

:4stars: #13 G Zach Gonzalez - 6'6" 328, Cocoa, FL
    C- SPD / B- STR / C- AGI / B- BPK / B- RBK / C+ PBS, PBF, RBF, RBS, / C- IBL
    Greatest strengths are his immense size, and the fact that he's pretty consistent across the board with his ratings. We see him starting as an upper classmen.

:4stars: #15 G Lee Medlock - 6'3" 276, Gary, IN
    C SPD, C+ STR, C+ PBK, C+ RBK, C PBS, C+ PBF/RBF/RBS
    Not the best to ever come down the pike, we see him as a backup, or possibly worse.

:4stars: #1 C David Underwood - 6'2" 273, Ferndale, MI
    D SPD, B- STR, B- PBK/RBK/PBS/PBF/RBS, C+ IBL/RBF
    Supposedly the best center in the nation, and a position we needed to land a good player at. Mr. Underwood will likely be a key cog in our offensive line sometime in the near future.

:4stars: #12 DT Damian Phillips - 6'2" 295, Bloomingdale, TN
    D- SPD, B STR, C+ TAK, C+ HPW, C+ PUR, B- PMV, C+ FMV, B- BSH
    DT is one of the strongest positions on our team, so it's weird that I'm considering adding 2-3 more to the mix, Phillips has a decent chance to stick nonetheless. From looking at the above players one can imagine how shitty our recruiting setup was this year... Very few good players in our pipelines interested in us... meanwhile, tons of great players in California that we'd have no shot at. We have no interest in recruiting the west coast. As a result, anytime we have a choice between cutting two players... the cut will probably come from a non-pipeline player. That's one reason he may not make it.

:4stars: #15 DE Craig Richardson - 6'3" 277, Adamsville, AL
    C SPD, C+ STR, C- TAK, C- HPW, B+ PUR, C PMV, B+ FMV, B- BSH
    Seeing as how this was a need for us, it was disappointing to see all of the really good DE's on our board be from states we had no shot at recruiting. So we settled for Richardson, who isn't exactly chopped liver, as we like big, strong DE's that can shed blocks and pursue the ball.

:4stars: #1 OLB Rondell lane - 6'1" 220, Largo, FL
    B SPD, B- STR, C+ AGI, B+ STA/INJ, B TAK, B- HPW, B+ PUR, C PRC, C PMV, C BSH, C- FMV, C- MCV, C- ZCV
    One of those "jack of all trades" type players. We are happy to see a good pipeline player finally in this class!

:4stars: #7 MLB Martin Walker - 6'1" 204, New Orleans, LA
    B SPD, C STR, C AGI, C TAK, B HPW, B+ PUR, C+ PRC
    He is woefully undersized - if he's ever the starter, our opponents will no doubt love the change to a MLB 6 inches shorter than our current one. We'd like to see him gain 15 lbs. before he starts.

:5stars: #1 CB Thomas Nelson - 6'0" 171, Natchez, MS
    A SPD, B AGI, B+ ACC, B JMP, D CTH, C TAK, C HPW, C+ PUR, B PRC, A MCV, B- ZCV, C+ PRS
    We generally don't press very often so aren't too concerned that it's not his strong suit. Offers a great blend of athleticism but can also tackle and hit. That's what made him the #1 player on our board this year, as well as the fact that he was from our home state.

:5stars: #2 CB Victor Rice - 6'1" 176, Adamsville, AL
    A- SPD, B AGI, B+ ACC, C- CTH, D TAK, D HPW, C+ PUR, C+ PRC, A- MCV, B+ ZCV, B- PRS
    Great coverage guy who probably needs some time to get better at tackling. However, he is a real ballhawk with a solid catch rating that will only get better. Only time will tell who the better of these two CB's are.

:3stars: #43 FS Zach Brooks - 6'4" 203, Lauderhill, FL
    A- SPD, B+ AGI, B+ ACC, C CTH, B- TAK, B HPW, B- PUR, C PRC, C+ MCV/ZCV, C PRS
    We had a real need at FS and he may start next year. It is rare for us to recruit a JUCO, that tells you just how few options we had here.

Overall, not nearly enough guys from our pipeline states, and not enough real studs compared to classes of the past. However, the TE and CB's are the stars of this class and will be put to good use.

15. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Brandon Gunn
    HB #4 :5stars:
    6'0" 196 lbs
    Pomona, CA
    A- SPD, B+ AGI, B ACC, C+ TRK, B ELU
    Beat out the Beavers for Gunn, We like his athleticism and he will have a few years to improve his acceleration. Stanford continues to stockpile HBs.

David Concepcion
    ATH #4 :5stars:
    6'0" 187 lbs
    Pomona, CA
    A- SPD, B+ MCV, B- ZCV, C- CTH
    HS teammate of Brandon Gunn, Conception figures to be the next of a long line of great cornerbacks at Stanford. Was an elite cover corner in HS.

Antwon Fletcher
    DE #2 :5stars:
    6'5" 254 lbs
    Lompoc, CA
    B SPD, C STR, B+ PUR, B- PMV, B FMV, C+ BSH
    Yet another HS standout from CA, Fletcher possesses great speed off the edge and has a pretty good moveset to beat the tackles. Will most likely play as a redshirt freshman.

Will Thornton
    G #6 :4stars:
    6'5" 261 lbs
    North Highlands, CA
    C- SPD, B STR, B- PBL, B- RBL
    Athletic guard who has excellent footwork, will be a great fit blocking in Stanford's new pistol scheme.

Victor Moss
    CB #13 :4stars:
    6'1" 170 lbs
    Bell, CA
    A- SPD, A ACC, B JMP, B- MCV, B ZCV
    Add another corner to Stanford's deepest position. Nuff said.

Jamaal Stewart
    MLB #87 JUCO :3stars:
    6'2" 222 lbs
    Gardena, CA
    B- SPD, C+ STR, B- TAK, B POW, B PUR, C+ BSH
    More depth at LB, probably will be no more than a special teams player but a solid signing.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Victor Moss.....love the name

17. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

:5stars: Jacob Monroe #1 ATH 6'4 211
    :5stars: Leo Green #2 ATH 6'1 182
    :5stars: Nick Love #2 HB 6'2 213
    :5stars: Jonathan Green #1 QB 6'4 205
    :4stars: Garret Smith #3 SS 6'0 194
    :4stars: Jeff Davis #14 WR 6'1 176
    :4stars: Kevin Williams #12 QB 6'1 188
    :4stars: Jeremiah Ward #11 CB 5'11 200
    :4stars: John Goins #1 DT 6'5 291
    :4stars: Nick Fellows #3 G 6'6 288
    :4stars: Andrew Woods #4 G 6'0 320
    :4stars: Antwan Barber #2 MLB 6'3 236
    :4stars: Tony Williams #10 CB 6'0 165
    :4stars: Chris Prater #7 HB 6'1 204
    *Soon to be signed*
    :4stars: Javon Gardner #3 OLB 6'4 234
    :4stars: Gabriel Palmer #16 DT 6'3 284
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The recruiting with the 5 and 6 star teams is just a joke this year. I am done recruiting by week 8-9

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

....And Stanford's Academic Prestige takes another hit as they just can't stay away from the JUCOS!

Nice group of players though, as if the corners at Stanford weren't enough.

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Penn State #1 Class

[​IMG]

21. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Academics? We don't care about academics, we care about WINNING!!

22. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Penn State #1 Underachievers

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  23. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

DE(#23) :4stars:
    6'3 252lb Marrero, CA
    Patrick Bell

Good quickness, but Bell is a ball of clay at this point. Coaches like his size and well-rounded skillset. Redshirt candidate

CB(#9) :4stars:
    6'1 183lb Midvale, UT
    Carl Campbell

How easy is it to find good corners in this year's game? This guy looks like a good corner but I might cut him due to oversigning.

SS(#8) :4stars:
    6'1 192lb Westmont, IL
    Spencer Hemphill

Coach Max has a penchant for physical Corners, and sometimes the best way to get them is to convert a Safety. Hemphill could make the switch, or possibly find the same fate as Campbell depending on how the roster looks in the offseason.

SS(#9) :4stars:
    6'2 220lb Washington, UT
    Paris Moyer

Your more prototypical Safety at his size. He would be a Patrick Peterson type corner, but the coaching staff has visions of him head-hunting over the middle. Moyer looks like a future starter, and with a first name like "Paris" you know he plays angry.

MLB(#12) :4stars:
    6'3 240lb Aurora, NE
    Tim Stewart

Utah is hurting at ILB, so the staff is planning on bringing in as many as possible and just letting the chips fall where they may. Some may end up outside, some even at end perhaps... But Coach Max is determined to find a replacement for Desmond Johnson ASAP. Stewart is big and athletic... A definite contender with an even more impressive Mike already Soft Committed.

24. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I gotta go through my class but I haven't been enamored with the players...have signed 13 guys and are waiting for the offseason pretty much....

25. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I have a few guys that I like, but I am just loading up on talent. Sabanization is never done. You really have to work hard to over-recruit and cut players for no reason:cool: