2018 (S8) Discussions

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by briosu99, Feb 19, 2012.

1. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

So, I was thinking about doing a feature where I take a look at past recruiting classes and look to see how they are doing now. The emphasis would be on how are the top user recruited players in each class doing and are there any lower ranked guys who have been unexpected stars.

My question is, looking back through the archives, is there any easy way to find the recruit tracker for each season? I've been searching through the posts without much luck so far.

2. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

The recruiting tables are under assorted goodness I think. To lazy to look, but they are all consolidated on the front page of a thread.

3. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

4. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

QB - VT Luis Butler - The best arm while also mobile.
    RB - OSU Brandon Montgomery - lighting speed thats hard to tackle.
    RB - Mia Ryan Parks - another speed back that can push a LB to the side as well.
    WR - Neb Mike McGill - speed and 90+ in every receiving category.
    WR - OSU DaRon Novak - fastest player in the NCAA that also has solid hands
    WR - OU Anthony Cunningham - literally 95+ in every receiving category
    TE - TTU OJ Neal - gets the nod of the Texas TE due to sick hands
    TE - Mizzou Anthony Adams - basically on olineman with good speed and great hands
    OT - Mizzou Justin Jackson - huge at 325, will maul Dlineman
    OG - PSU Tom Landry - 320 lber that the D will be scared of
    C - OU Brian Rhodes - 90 AWR means he is the QB of the Oline
    OG - Tex Pat Brown - 99 runblocking means texas will run over RG every day, all day
    OT - PSU Shawn Bryant - another road clearing OT thats 317

DE - VT Jerrell Greene - 88/94 spd/acc with 98 Finesse means this guy will be in the QBs face every play
    DT - OSU Jordan Jones - a bull that will stuff the run
    DT - OU Craig Summers - an absolute beast with 99 power and finesse moves
    DE - Tex Kevin Hayden - a run stopper with limited speed but can get around an OT with ease
    OLB - OU Brandon Huff - speed to burn and great hitter
    MLB - Clem Matt Wallace - a speedster at 230 lbs
    OLB - Tex Jon Whitmore - great speed with good hit power and GREAT coverage skills for a LB
    CB - VT Eric Hargrove - great range with 99 MCV/ZCV
    CB - PSU Jeff Harris - all world speed and 99 in basically every category that matters
    SS - VT Josh Holland - great speed that can lay a hit or cover with the best in the NCAA
    FS - Mizzou Kevin Noel - 95 + in quite literally everything...would be a starting WR on half the teams in the NCAA

P/K - half of our teams have a 99/99 kicker/punter, lol

Also, before there is any rage...there are probably at least 5 players at every position that could earn AA honors.

with the exception of NU and Clem (sorry guys), the other 10 teams are pretty much stacked.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

So you are stealing my top returning players bit :(

6. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

oh, forgot.

oh you do do it in the AA team format don't you...i forgot man. sorry, lol. you still got it.

7. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

delete thread pls PA. sorry :(.

8. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I'll share the wealth. You can do it.

I'm tired of carrying this leagues premier status ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

lol your 1 sentence a week isn't carrying the premier banner, sorry to burst your bubble

10. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Go listen to your Dierks Bentley.

• Like Like x 1
  11. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

i'll do it with the MVP stuff as well. are you serious about letting me do it or do you still?

12. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

good idea, think I'll turn it back on

13. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Screw.. You got it man. Ignore them.

14. PAgamer07

Post them up :)

15. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Off: Arkansas
    Def: 3-4

Schollys: 16

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  16. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

Offense: Texas A&M Base (custom)
    Defense 4-3
    Scholarships: 6

17. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Offense: Auburn
    Defense: Multiple

Scholarships: 16

18. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Offense: Bowling Green
    Defense: Multiple

Scholarships: 10

• Like Like x 1
  19. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

Miami custom (iform/ace/shotty)
    4-3

20 scholies :( :doodie:

20. sonn

sonn Walk On

Offense: Oklahoma(custom)
    Defense: 3-4(custom)

Scholarships: 16

21. PAgamer07

These will be viewable week 1 and only week 1 Screwthebcs

22. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Offense: Miami
    Defense: 4-3

Scholarships: 19

23. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

ok, i'll do it when i get home. i'd do it now but don't have access to DW from work.

24. PAgamer07

Well 7 seasons are now in the book. We have our first 2 time National Champion in Superbowlnachos' Texas Longhorns squad. And 4 user National Championships in our 7 seasons. User teams continue to dominate the CPU and we had 10 of our 12 coaches in the Top 25. One of which (Northwestern) was very close, and just did not receive enough votes.

So it's time to increase the challenge. Our first step will be to move to Heisman gameplay. It's evident that the CPU loses some of it's agressiveness and is consistently boneheaded later in games. Heisman will fix this. It will be a bit of a learning curve, as we get the sliders where we want them and we have two sets we will be trying. The first of which is a major, major change in the way we are used to playing. We will figure out what we like better before conference play begins, and roll from there.

The next step, is to attempt to increase the recruiting difficulty. We have switched to Heisman as well as scrap our 3.5 star average for the immediate future. There is also a cap of 2 :5stars: per team, except for our Coach of the Year winner who will receive an extra.

Speaking of Coach of the Year... Congratulations to Coach Johnny Clutch who picks up his second in 2 years. Excellent content as well as a great product on the field propelled him to victory. Your final tally: Johnnyclutch (5 votes), Screwthebcs (3 votes), Superbowlnachos (3 votes).

Our final change for the season is more user games. The CPU gets to be a bit of a bore by now, and nothing is more exciting than user games. Each of us will have 5-6 user games which match coaches with similar winning % against each other. We're gonna try and get some seperation for the NCAA 13 team draft.

It should be an exciting season, and I really hope that making these changes will add to everyone else's excitement.

And now... Your 2018 Preview.

[​IMG]

Coach: Superbowl Nachos
    Record: 80-13 (86%)
    Conference Championships: 2013, 2017
    National Championships: 2013, 2017
    Coach of the Year: 2013
    Heisman Winners: 2016 HB Michael Royal
    Redshirts MVP: None

The Texas Longhorns coached by Superbowlnachos have quickly become the team everyone loves to hate. Results both on the field with performance and always consistent recruiting make them early preseason favorites every year.

This year is no different. They return QB Zack Mosley who led a dominant passing attack for the first time in years. This team used to be a heavy running team, but not last year. Their National Championship win over Nebraska showcased the talent throwing the ball as before you know it Nebraska was down big.

They have never had any standout performers on defense even though they should with the talent they had. So I really won't showcase any of them. This season, I expect a more balanced attack, and will be watching them closely.

Player to Watch: HB Kyle McKenzie (96 OVR)

[​IMG]

Coach: Johnnyclutch
    Record: 73-24 (75%)
    Conference Championships: 2012, 2014, 2017
    National Championships: None
    Coach of the Year: 2015, 2017
    Heisman Winners: None

The Nebraska Cornhuskers made their first appearance in the National Championship game last year and looked a bit overwhelmed. They never stood a chance against a very experienced and determined Texas Longhorns team.

This team has always been about defense, and we don't think this changes this season. Much. They run a very solid 3-4 and always seem to have the right personnel in the right positions. However, QB Jonathan Wallace returns for another season. He won Freshman of the Year in 2016, and followed that up with a QB of the Year award in 2017. This guy is good. And is surrounded by talent.

Last season saw them return to their winning ways in the Big Ten as they ousted Ohio State in the Championship game to claim coach Clutch's 3rd Conference Title (1 in the PAC-12)

Player to Watch: LE Michael Green (93 OVR)

[​IMG]

Coach: Ryalaman
    Record: 69-24 (74%)
    Conference Championships: 2016, 2017
    Coach of the Year: 2016
    Heisman Winners: None

The last two seasons Maryland has made the rest of the ACC their bitch. They have been absolutely dominant in conference, but have yet to win their 1st National Championship. I never expected to see a 6 Star program here in Maryland, and their recruiting prowess casts a large shadow over the rest of the Mid-Atlantic.

On the field, their play is a confusing mix of Fullback dives, screens and a solid if not dominant running game. Somehow, they continue to win and this year is no different. Look no further than former freshman of the year and now Senior QB Jeff Harris. One of, if not the, best QB to ever play for the Turtles. Expect them to win their 3rd straight ACC Championship. Although it took them a few seasons to build a powerhouse, coach Ryalalman has done the unthinkable and turned this team into one of the best in the country. Now... He just needs that elusive National Championship.

Player to Watch: MLB Tyrone McCarthy (90 OVR)

[​IMG]

Coach: Matrix Monkey
    Record: 77-14 (85%)
    Conference Championships: 2014, 2016
    National Championships: 2016
    Coach of the Year: None
    Heisman Winners: 2011- HB Devion Moore, 2014 HB Marcus Murphy
    Redshirts MVP: 2014- HB Marcus Murphy, 2016 MLB Jack Anderson

Coach Matrix Monkey slacked off a little last season as he suffered from a Championship hangover. It was good to see one of our most consistent coaches win a National Championship in NCAA 12, and it's only a matter of time before he wins another.

His biggest nemesis has been Texas, but the skill of Oklahoma and Missouri continue to improve. The identity of this team continues to evolve throughout his career, and what used to be one of the most fearsome running games in The Redshirts, has most recently evolved into dominating defense. This trend continues this year and you have to look no further than FS Kevin Noel (99 OVR) and SS Joel Lewis (96 OVR) to see the talent they have. These two guys form the best tandem at Safety I can even remember.

Player to Watch: HB Joel Macklin (95 OVR)

[​IMG]

Coach: Sonn
    Record: 33-7 (83%)
    Conference Championships: 2015
    Heisman Winner: None

It seems like an eternity since Coach Sonn's Sooners won the Big 12. Last season saw 3 losses all by 3 points or less. What a heartbreaking season for the Sooners.

Can they get things on track this year? They are incredibly talented on the defensive side of the ball, and teams will struggle to run against them. Their secondary is a bit of a question mark though, but more importantly their offense looks to be one of the weakest in the Conference.

As it looks now, it may be a difficult year for Oklahoma. Both Missouri and Texas look much better on both sides of the ball, and of course their coaches have proven themselves to be able to run the gauntlet. Only time will tell, but right now I predict a 4th place finish for the Sooners.

Player to Watch: DT Craig Summers (99 OVR)

[​IMG]

Coach: PAGamer07
    Record: 65-28 (70%)
    Conference Championships: 2015, 2016
    Redshirts MVP: NOne

Penn State had a pretty poor season last year. In conference losses to Ohio State and Nebraska eliminated any chance of them going for a 3rd straight Big Ten Championship. To add insult to injury, they lost to 14-0 NIU in the Rose Bowl in triple overtime.

Defense has always been their strength, and last year saw the passing offense explode for numerous single season school records. Unfortunately the tandem of QB Nick Ricks and WR Patrick Bailey have both graduated and there is no way they replicate their performance from last year.

The good news is that this is one of the most talented offsensive lines we have seen in years at Penn State, and the team should be able to move the ball. The defense should be better as the front 7 is incredibly talented. Still though, they will need some luck to repeat this year, and Nebraska will be a tough opponent as usual.

Player to Watch: DE Stephen Phillips (93 OVR)

[​IMG]

Coach: Screwthebcs
    Record: 51-13 (80%)
    Conference Championships: 2013, 2014, 2015

Maryland, Maryland, Maryland. Did I mention Maryland? After dominating the ACC from 2013-2015 the tides have turned. Yes Virginia Tech is one of the best teams in the country year in and year out, but the just can't be the Terps.

They need to figure out how to get over the hump, and I've got a tip for them... Throw the ball to WR Isaac Jones. No he doesn't have explosive speed. But you don't need speed to win games. Jones is one of the most talented WR in the country, with great route running and catching abilities. You throw it to him, and he catches it. It helps that the runner up in last year's MVP race QB Luis Butler returns this year.

Defensively, this team is as good as any in the ACC. They just need to figure out how to stop Maryland. No one else in the ACC will challenge them again this year besides the Terps. Can they get over the hump? If they do, Ill bet the are in the National Championship game.

Player to Watch: SS Josh Holland (98 OVR)

[​IMG]

Coach: Briosu99
    Record: 66-30 (69%)
    Conference Championships: 2011, 2013
    Heisman Winner: 2017- HB Jason Butler
    Redshirts MVP: 2017- HB Jason Butler

Finally. I'm sure that's what Brian said when he made his long awaited return to the Big Ten Championship game. Unfortuantely, he lost to Nebraska and hopes he can get 1 step closer this year.

The biggest loss of any team is the loss of their Heisman Winner HB Jason Butler. This dude was unstoppable, and deserved all accolades he recieved. He nearly ran for 2500 yards, which was the most of any running back in NCAA 12 and our first 2000 yard rusher in many seasons. He dominated users and the CPU and was one of the best to ever play for the Buckeyes.

How do you replace a guy like that? That will be the question this year, and I dont even think Ohio State knows how. Will we see a new offense completely? Or will they try to replace Butler's production with one of the other talented backs on this roster?

I'm not sure, but on the other side of the ball, this will be one of the toughest teams to run on in NCAA this year. This front 4 is stacked and it's been awhile since Ohio State had this much talent on the defensive line. If teams want to beat them, they have to max protect and try to air it out.

Player to Watch: TE Martin Levine (94 OVR)

[​IMG]

Coach: Zcar352
    Record: 66-28 (70%)
    Conference Championships: 2011, 2012

What an incredible disappointment the higher of Coach Zcar has been for Miami. They thought they were getting a winner when they lured him away from UCF, and unfortunately he has not produced.

So what seems to be the problem for the 'Canes? Well the last few years it's been defense. They can't stop anyone. Sure they have the occasional stud. Like last year's mutiple Award-Winner in DT Joel Love. But they need to distribute the talent a bit better across this side of the ball.

On offense, there is no question this will easily be the most explosive offense in the ACC. Possibly the entire league. QB Matt Ray, HB Ryan Parks and WR Alex Cody are the pieces you need at skill positions, and all should be in the discussion for end of year awards.

Player to Watch: HB Ryan Parks

[​IMG]

Coach: DNF913
    Record: 69-22 (76%)
    Conference Championships: 2011, 2012

Ever year I say it, but I still continue to be surprised at how poorly Nick has done on the field. With NCAA 11, I believe he won 3 National Championships. Since? None. And it's been 5 years since he has won the Big 12.

He will blame it on bad QB play, but I blame it on confidence. Last year, guys were nervous to play DNF because he was so dominant. But this time around, as he has struggled, his confidence has faded. He has had the talent to compete. Numerous studs on both sides of the ball have played for the Red Raiders, yet they just can't win the big games.

THis year's team looks solid. Not the best I've seen here in Texas Tech, but solid. Defensively, the front 7 is impressive and looks like they can hold their own. I have some questions about the secondary, but I think the front 7 can generate a very good pass rush to offset this.

On the offensive side of the ball, I'm worried. Outside of Offensive Line and WR they are young and inexperienced. This will be a big test for Coach DNF this season as offense has always been his specialty.

Player to Watch: WR Drew Maddox (93 OVR)

[​IMG]

Coach: Jcspartan2
    Record: 22-12 (65%)
    Conference Championships: None

JC is our newest coach, and he wanted a challenge. He got one in the Northwestern Wildcats. Each year they continue to get better, and he has recruited some amazing talent. Last year he actually spent a sizeable portion of the season in the Top 25. But faded off at the end.

The offensive line is solid, and should be better than last year. But can it hold up to the dominant defensive fronts he will see in the Big 10. Senior QB Cameron Henry is deadly accurate, and as long as JC does not force the ball deep, they should be able to move the ball.

In addition, the talent at running back is fantastic. I think this is the year that 6'5" 240 LBS Sophmore Bo Amos takes the starting role. He has such an excellent skillset that he needs to be on the field. Paired with HB Patrick Quinn as power back, this is a very good RB Tandem.

Defensivley? Ouch. I thought Miami's defense was poor, but this is the worst Ive seen in the league. No dominant pass rushers or run stoppers on the line. No shutdown Corners. Even the Safeties are blah. Man. I know I said JC Spartan was moving forward, but he needs a lot of help on the defensive side of the ball.

Player to Watch: HB Bo Amos

[​IMG]

Coach: TeClemson53
    Record: 73-21 (78%)
    Conference Championships: 2013, 2014
    National Championships: 2014
    Coach of the Year: 2012, 2014
    Heisman Winner: 2013- HB Ja Terain Douglas
    Redshirts MVP: 2012- DT Derrick Jackson, 2013 HB Ja Terain Douglas, 2015 QB Cole Stoudt

My how the Mighty have fallen. It was only 4 short seasons ago that Trey won a National Championship. Since then? Yuck. The Clemson Tigers are on a downward spiral and will start 2018 as a 3* program.

It's amazing to me how quickly things have turned south. Last year the Tigers only won 5 games, and missed a Bowl Game. With the increased difficulty this season, I have a hard time believing they will win more. But anything is possible, and I am sure Trey is determined to prove all the doubters wrong.

Surpisingly, for a team that struggled so much last year he does have some talent. Secondary, Offensive Line, and HB are all pretty solid. But as is the case with most teams, without a good front 7 on defense, it will be hard to stop guys. I see the same thing happening here. One thing to say about Trey's success. He always had a stud on offensive that he used and abused. He hasn't had that since the great Mike Bellamy left Clemson. He needs to find that guy.

I'm predicting another long season in Death Valley and hope nothing more than that TeClemson proves me wrong.

Player to Watch: CB Luke WIllis (88 OVR)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 7
  25. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

you and your damn kiss of death. we are on heisman now you know...lol