2018 Team Previews

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by DirtycashDylan, Apr 10, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Which units did you improve? (don't include progression, dummies. progression=no change)

Which units got worse?

Who are your key players?

Prediction.

2. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Overall, talentwise I may have taken a step back, but this year I'm coming in with a lot more familiarity of my playbook, which could be big. I only start 3 seniors, a DT, my MLB,and a WR. This team is very young and we'll see how it goes.

3. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Which units did you improve? (don't include progression, dummies. progression=no change)
    QB.. my two Juco transfers are the reason my offense works this year. Bobby Cooper throws the ball well and runs the ball extraordinarily well too. Backup Kevin Mack gets some snaps in games too and he does a good job of running the offense.

Which units got worse?
    My whole defense. Every single position got worse by graduation or remained the sim through minimal offseason progression. While I'm confident I'll put up points on anyone I play, I'm also pretty confident those same teams will put up a lot of points on me.

Who are your key players?
    QB Bobby Cooper, WR Jared Thomas, DT Josh Brown

Prediction - With this horrible roster its hard to get too optimistic, but my offensive system will keep me in some games this yera and give me a chance to pull off the upset. I think I'll upset one of the East's powerhouses....or at least thats the goal.

4. DirtycashDylan

LSU
    Multi D
    18 schollies

Improved

OLine-I added an 87 overall transfer to RG.

LB-All 3 starting LBs are transfers playing their first year. They go 85, 80 and 89.

Worsened

HB-Douglas was big time. Evan Fenner is a talented kid set to take his place but he's been dinged up and only has 24 carries through 3 games.

FS-Hard for any school to replace a 4th overall draft pick, much less my school. Stephen Wall is a big hitter who just moved over from SS and is a respectable 74 overall. He had just 8 tackles last year but 2 FF. I'm betting there's something there.

Key Players

HB Evan Fenner - He pushed Douglas for time last year but I need him to stay healthy.
    QB Nate Barbour - He won the starting job last week vs Texas. I need him to build on that performance.
    DT Jesse Franklin - Need my great DTs to make up for the lack of DE presence.
    S Stephen Wall - He needs to bring some wood and show he won't be a liability.

Prediction

11-2

5. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Improved

Really nothing. This is a very young team that is set up to blossom 2 years down the road (If we have that long left in the dynasty). A lot of seniors graduated but I brought in some better than average Freshmen and Juco guys who picked up where they left off. My second highest rated player on my team is a true Freshmen LB Andy Fogle. There are a lot of freshmen either starting (QB, LB, DE, CB) or taking a shirt who I expect to be the go to guys next year (DE, WR, HB). This team really didn't lose much either though except starting QB Derrick Gates. This team is about where they were last year just a little bit younger.

Players to Watch:
    SR HB Vic Harrison - If he can stay healthy he may have a breakout year, the preseason AA has been injured the first 3 games though and looks to be back ready to roll for Army's conference opener.
    SR DT Justin White - The big 300 lb brute in the middle is the anchor of this new defense and really needs to get a push to take some pressure off the other young guys on D.
    RS FR QB Lester Lee - Army doesn't want to ask too much of their Freshmen QB, but he will be thrown in some tough spots this year in one of the toughest conferences in America. We will see how well he leads this team.
    FR LOLB Andy Fogle - This kid will be a household name by the end of his time here. He has already shown leadership qualities on the field and this is coming as only a true freshmen.

Prediction 10-3

6. jkyle5

jkyle5 Walk On

UAB Blazers :4stars:

Improved-

Safety
    After spending last nearly all of last season on the sideline with a broken collar bone, 96 ovr (FS) Brett Brown is back. Also joining Brett Brown's DB's is 87 ovr JUCO transfer Terrell Waters. The duo of Waters and Brown gives the Blazers secondary the speed and athleticism it was missing in years past. If the two can stay healthy, opposing teams would be hard pressed to find anything deep against the UAB secondary.

Worsened-

Running Back
    With Barber leaving early for a chance at the NFL, Nicholas Chase is thus thrust into the spotlight. He proved to be a perfectly good backup for Barber but many question Chase's ability to be the starter. If Chase were to go down, Derek Johnson is next in command. Johnson is a 3 yrds and a cloud of dust kind of guy and has never shown the ability to be the kind of spark needed to lead an offense down the field. Coach Kyle moved a few WR's over to RB in an effort to suppliment the running game for next year being that Chase and Johnson are both graduating at the end of the year. Only time will tell in what direction this unit will go.

Key Players-

(FS) Brett Brown 96 ovr
    (WR) Anthony Cross 90 ovr
    (SS) Terrell Waters 87 ovr
    (K) Will Means 86 ovr

Prediction-
    9-3 regular season

7. Full Moon Fever

We've got to get rid of transfers. They really skew things in this setup.

8. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

Improvement:

Overall, I still say the team is improving across the board as we're starting to fill in more gaps each year. The secondary is probably the one area that has really improved overall, along with some more depth across the board. The key to the overall improvement of the Eagles though over the past year and a half has been the defense and the linebacking core is easily the strength of the defense and perhaps of even the entire team.

Regression:

The DL became much weaker with the loss of two of its more talented players at DT and DE. The offensive line is also a bit weak in terms of depth and quality as well(something that will be adressed in the offseason). Beyond that though, I don't think the H4Y crew will notice too much of a difference outside of that.

Key Players:
    LOLB Rory Brown
    FS Shawn Gray
    QB Dustin Mayes
    CB Chris Wise
    MLB Kevin Buchanan

Prediction:

I'll win at least 4 games. ;)

9. DirtycashDylan

agreed :D

10. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I agree even tho I've had a few. It rewards poor recruiting in most cases.

11. DirtycashDylan

Mine have pretty much come in groups. Franklin/Fields and now this new group of 4.

12. Full Moon Fever

I got a QB and RB one year but that's pretty much it. May have had a mediocre safety as well.

13. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

I like transfers... i like how they throw a curveball into things just like in real life.

• Like Like x 2
  14. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

See, the problem is, the game tends to send a lot of transfers to teams that screw up in their recruiting...Snoopy only signed like 5 guys in his first class, so the game gave him like 5 transfers the first year.

15. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

I intentionally take a small first class to increase my A+ early PT pitch for years 2 and 3 when I can get in more 3 stars. The transfers are just a plus. To be honest I've only had 2-3 real big impact transfers, mike James, singletary, and my current FS Robinson

16. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Only lost a couple key players, but the whole core of my team has returned. I know progression isn't supposed to be used as a selling point here, but I had position battles accross the board and the players that improved most are now starters and the others just add depth.

Improved:
    FB/TE:
    Brought in a juco fullback and tightend to improve the transition to the pro offense. The FB is legit and adds a new dimension to my run game, and he has the ability to take carries or catch out of the backfield which I really like. The juco TE isn't the best, but he is sure-handed and won't have to hesitate to utilize him in the passing game.

O-Line:
    Got decent starting linemen accross the line at each spot. They are not great, but its definitely my best line so far as I move to the pro-style. A few holes, but they give me the ability to confidently run in either direction or sit in the pocket unless I'm facing an elite D-Line.

Only 2 units worsened:

D-Line: This was the only unit that took a big hit. I lost 3 of my 4 starting D-Linemen. Lost one DE, and had a real good Juco DE who has been waiting for 2 years to take over. DT has taken the big hit though, with a One returning player, and one 4 star true freshman taking over who both have similar ratings. It shouldn't be a big weakness, but definitely a huge drop off from the great D-Lines I have had in recent years.

Running back:
    Lost my all-star RB Billy McClain. Wish I had redshirted him one year lol. My #1 rb is still pretty damn good, I believe he is a 86 overall, pretty good speed and a strong back. Where I have the chance to improve is this year should see more action from the 2nd back, Cowen, who has the potential to be a less talented version of McClain, and will at least change the tempo.