2018 Trade Deadline Winners and Losers

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, Feb 9, 2013.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Time to take a look at all the trades which took place before the trade deadline, and see who won and lost in their deals (or lack thereof)

Winners:

[​IMG]

The Orioles were bold in the weeks leading up to the deadline and immediately improved their chances of contending. The biggest addition was SP Jake Odirizzi who went 2-0 with a 3.21 ERA for the start of his Orioles career. They also added MR Kevin Landry, a 6'7" reliever who has had nothing but success his last 3 seasons. These moves shored up a pitching staff that I felt was a weakness heading down the stretch. Finally, they added OF Joe Patton. He has been a bust in Cleveland but he came very cheap for the Orioles and adds a left handed power bat off the bench and depth in the OF.

[​IMG]

The more I looked at this deal, the more I liked it for Chicago. I hated that they moved SP Cade Mack and promising prospect SP Oliverio Sidotti, but man.. the haul they got back was pretty impressive. They added SP Marcos Mendoza, a proven veteran and still cheap and only 27 years old. In addition they added IF Woody Scarlett. A guy who should be a solid on base machine, and fields all infield positions extraordinarily well. He is much better served at SS due to the lack of power in his bat. Oh yeah, they also added power hitting 1B Prospect Rafael Rodriguez. This was a solid trade, and one of the biggest in Dugout history.

Losers:

[​IMG]

Loser has always been synonymous with KnightNoles and the 2018 trade deadline was no exception. They gave away some of their best prospects, which include one of the best fielding and hitting MI in the minors, for two unproven SP. And they got rid of one of their best SP. I don't get this deal for the Nationals, but it's still too much.

[​IMG]

Anytime you have to sell a :3stars:prospect for cash, you've got problems. The Pirates are having some financial troubles with the losing this year, and unfortuantely had to move some salary and a prospect to free up financial wiggle room.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Yes... all of our playoff contenders are big losers. The fact that these teams above didn't make a single significant move before the deadline is a bit embarassing. If they don't make the playoffs or win a championship, they only have themselves to blame.

• Like Like x 4
  2. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Dang... Tough...

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Making real life dollars>>>making fake baseball trades

4. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

[​IMG]

Starting to think you just must not have a logo for Houston...So I provided one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Here are some more he could use:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I know this will jinx my team, but it's whatever.

I like how the team that is 45-62 accuses playoff teams of doing it wrong.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  7. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Im just providing content Mr. Ghost. Try it sometime. And while you're at it. Fuck off.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself