2019/2020 Offseason Team Status'

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, Apr 3, 2013.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I am just curious as to where you envision the current status of your organization? This will be a great way for other teams to gauge whether you are buyers or sellers as we enter a new season.

Feel free to add as much detail as possible. I feel this will help each of us understand the dynamics of the league as we head into the offseason. The funny thing is... I have an idea of where I think every team should be heading, but as is always the case, people seem to think they are better than they actually are.

Here is the sort of stuff I am looking for:

• Are you rebuilding? Looking to get rid of vets for prospects, not play much in free agency, etc.
    • Win Now mode? Looking to put your team over the edge and feel you are very close to a championship?
    • Retooling? Had a decent year last year, your players are all a good age, and really just looking to replace some pieces here and there?
    • Neutral? Just looking to swap some prospects that you are deep at with some you don't have? Really not sure of where you are?
    Thanks gang.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

The Pirates are sort of in Neutral/Win-Now mode. We made the playoffs last year, and really feel we are a few pieces short. We are prepared to move prospects for upgrades to add more wins, but not really looking to move any vets. We are always looking for "prospect swaps". We have depth in certain areas, but are looking to trade these 'specs for positions of weakness. Same caliber players, just different positions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  4. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

The Tribe are in fire sale mode. Only players safe on the 40 man are Rico and Mason.

5. goldenglove2

goldenglove2 Walk On

JohnnyClutch - just want to take a second to thank you for the best avatar on this whole site. YOU'RE WELCOME!

• Like Like x 1
  6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Retooling

We felt we were in the hunt of the championship but coming off our NLCS we haven't looked the part. I still believe we have a very solid core and need piece here and there to hopefully push over the top and just get into the playoffs. We don't have the prospects to go head first win now mode in order to ship for the real good players to put us over.

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

They say a picture is worth a thousand words:

images.jpg

Seriously thought, the Cubs were awful last year. Now I'm being penalized by my doosh owner and have to cut costs.

• Like Like x 2
  8. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

San Francisco ended the season well, going 32-21 in the months of August and September. The resurgence was led by young talent, who came in after winning in the minors for many years. Currently, the Giants have the 5th ranked farm system in the league. The Giants will be buyers this offseason, with quite a bit of $ to play with. Giants management is looking to bring in some talent in CF and starting pitching. PM me any offers.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  9. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Rebuilding all the way.

Pitching is my first step into turning around the organization and until my prospects come up I will be a buyer in FA. Looking back at last year Buchholz and Towes (via trade) had pretty decent seasons but I also had pitiful performances from Matsuz, Holland and Wing-Wang so we'll see what happens this go around. The goal is to get to .500 and it is feasible to accomplish this with one or two solid pickups.

10. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Neutral.

Not really sure if this club can repeat the offensive performance of batting top 5 in the league again. We left too many runners on base and couldnt score when it mattered. Our pitching staff only had 1 opening day starter by the end of the season so we went through a lot of guys and ended with the 3rd best rotation. The goal was to have a strong bullpen, defense, and starting rotation and we ended #1 in bullpen and defense while #3 in Starting rotation. We just need to swap out some slackers for extra base hitters and a big bat or 2. We're hoping to make a big splash in FA with over 40mil available.

11. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Neutral/Building. Only been with the Rockies for 1.5 seasons and the whole time has just been a slow process of building...not to be confused with rebuilding as there were some good pieces already here so there was no need to start over. We're in a position right now where I feel pretty solid about our position players and have youth all over the field. Our oldest starter this upcoming season will be Tyler Massey who is going to be 30. The big challenge has been and continues to be our pitching staff. It needs work but it has been improving. Before being decimated by injuries, we were competing this past year though and a few improvements to our team this offseason could push us into competing for a playoff spot in 2020.

12. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

I'm somewhere between Neutral and Retooling. I like the core of this Yankees team and we have some good young guys in the majors along with some minor leaguers who appear to be almost ready. At this point we are looking to add more pieces in free agency and keep restocking the farm system with draft picks.

13. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I'm in WIN FUCKING NOW mode...

The 2019 season has me pissed beyond belief and anything less than 120 wins and I'm chopping mo-fucking heads off.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Confucius Rex

Confucius Rex Walk On

I'm pretty neutral right now. My line up and depth chart is essentially set already. All that's left is getting some good relief pitchers in and filling in my minor leagues.

15. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

16. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Win-Now.

The only spot on my team I don't like is the back end of the rotation and possibly a RH bat.

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

Win-Now. Have pretty much all the right talent.

18. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I'm in win always mode. Top farm system and the defending WS champs. Baltimore is basically the model franchise in the dugout.

19. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

My goal is pretty simple - make a profit or there is no next season.

• Like Like x 2
  20. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

I'm neutral, have a mix of young guys and vets. Can't really move any of my olde players due to there large contracts just trying to be competitive build up a weak minor leagues and get ready for some fun after i finish cleaning this mess i dropped into it shouldn't be long now 1 more season hopefully

21. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Future be damned, I'm in win now mode. In the end it probably wont be enough to even land us a playoff spot; but I figured if I'm going to continue to "rebuild" and lose season after season, I might as well try and win now and just completely rebuild next season if it doesnt work.

22. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I'm in that weird in between zone. 2 years ago I had a 108 win season, and last year my bullpen lost me 30 games. I'm thinking reload the bullpen and make another run at the NL East.

23. sonn

sonn Walk On

Neutral. Pitching fell apart after Sale got hurt so I'll have to add more depth there at least a few AAAA guys to stash in the minors. I have a bunch of vets on the block but haven't gotten an offer that's wowed me.