2019 Maryland Terrapins Preview

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by kdpnutter, Mar 30, 2012.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

[​IMG]
    2019 Maryland Terrapins Preview!
    Maryland comes into this year after having arguably the greatest quarterback in Terrapins history leave at the end of last year in Jeff Harris. Maryland this year returns with a strong defense lead by the dynamic combo of DT Jayson Mueller and MLB Tyrone McCarthy. These two lead a stout front 7 for Maryland into ACC competition and trying to go for the National Championship ranked as the preseason #3 team in the country.​
    Loves:
    Linebackers, K/P, DT. I mean it is hard to find a weakness on this Maryland team but the real aspects that you can't help but love is a group of LB's who rate 89, 89 at OLB and 95 in the MLB spot. It's going to be tough to run on them however in case one of them goes down they have some great back ups in two good solid OLB 87 and 84 to take over after this year. Maryland has an 85 ovr back up MLB and it looks good for them. Maryland has a kicker at 89 who is only a freshman and a punter 92 senior which can lead to points for Maryland or put opposing teams in a bad spot with solid punting. Jayson Mueller will block up the middle and put pressure on the quarterback for them.​
    Running back, Wide Receiver, Offensive Line​
    Maryland has two solid book end tackles at an 88 and 87 respectively, however should an injury occur there isn't much playing experience as it is a sophomore and freshman backing them up, same with offensive guard some solid starters but limited experience behind them and at center also with a freshman behind the starter so an injury to the o-line could be big trouble for the Terps. HB Jermaine Dickens comes in at a 95 rating and appears to be the work horse type. However, Maryland is known for it's passing game so Dickens may not see enough touches to make him relevant. Maryland has one great senior wide receiver and Maryland is known for it's screen passes but after there number one senior leader at wide receiver there's a whole lot of inexperience so how will they step up or will they falter?​
    Hates:
    Quarterback, Fullback​
    How can you go from arguably the greatest quarterback in Maryland history and not go to hate the next guy? Nothing against Will High or Robert Hayes but come on now, you just love Jeff Harris and I'm sure they are good and all but they are not Jeff Harris and he has cast a big shadow over them. No matter how good they are fans will still look at them as less than Jeff Harris. As for a fullback well Maryland sports a 59 at fullback but I doubt he will ever see the field so it wont matter much.​
    Prediction:
    Maryland will go 11-1 with a loss to the number one ranked Texas Longhorns. That's right you heard it here Texas will take down Maryland. Maryland will win the ACC and go to the Orange Bowl but will NOT make it to the National Championship game being left out ever so close to getting there,

• Like Like x 1
  2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Nice work. Can't believe Will High is still there. I remember battling Ryal for that kid I guess 4 years ago?

3. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Yep. That would be right. RS Jr who has been the wildcat QB for the last few years.

I still haven't completely decided on a QB (although Robert Hayes looked good against WVU) so we'll see what happens when UT rolls into town. I may end up giving both guys a few series. But this analysis is good. If even a single FB was interested in me for the last 5 damn seasons of the OD, then I wouldn't have to trot out such a turd at that spot, but it is what it is.

4. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Yeah it seems like the common thread amongst everyone is a pretty crappy FB but glad you liked the preview (y)