2019 Missouri Tigers- Fight Tiger

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by ryalaman, Mar 29, 2012.

1. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

[​IMG]

Offense:

There's almost an embarrassment of riches offensively for Missouri. Andrew Jordan is back at the helm at QB and he can be a maestro leading this offense. He has an electric arm and at home he can be otherworldly. But like all young players, get him on the road and you may have a shot at some INTs. At RB is super stud freshman Tiger Greco. He may be the single fastest and most elusive player in the nation... and he'll only be getting better. Their receiving corps and tight ends are all playmakers, and they'll be lead by Nate Smith who (with 99 catch and route running abilities) may be an early favorite for WR of the year. If there's a weakness here, its the OL which starts only 2 holdovers from last year and one of those (Randall Pollock) gave up almost a sack a game.

Defense:

This DL is scary. Their 4 starters on the DL are 99, 98, 97, and 93 overall and they have a combined 7 years of starting experience and 63 sacks. Outside of that beastly Texas OL, I don't know of many other teams in the country that can block them. The leader of the LB corps is monster hitting ROLB Alex Stevenson with his 98 hit power and good tackling ratings. The other LBs aren't as good and on the whole, this unit is probably the weakness of the defense. The secondary is tough to deal with. They have 3 starters with better than 97 speed, so you'd better believe they can fly to the ball. They also have 3 starters with mid 70s catch ratings, so making an errant throw is not advisable. Expect this unit to come up with a number of turnovers on the year.

Special Teams:

Scott Godfrey kicks the ball hard.

Outlook:

This team has all the makings of a national title contender. As always, the game against Texas will be the big one and with that game being in Austin (and with Andrew Jordan's struggles on the road) that's probably the only game that Mizzou will be an underdog in. But if they can escape with a win, the sky is the limit for this team.

2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Really looking forward to seeing Tiger Greco play. And that defense is Crazy good. Jeez

3. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

After playing my first game, Jordan finally has the accuracy to go with his arm now, you guys should watch out. Greco had a good statistical day but most of his runs were for 0-3 yards and he fumbled inside the 5. MY OL sucks, gave up 4-5 sacks and lots of hurries/hits. My great DLine didn't seem to do much, they only got 1 sack but I didn't check the Auburn OL ratings, they might be good.

Nice writeup.