2019 Ohio State Buckeyes

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Matrix Monkey, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

[​IMG]

After a having the same coach for almost a decade the Buckeyes hired a fresh young coach in Coach Nutter. New blood was needed after a perennial powerhouse had slogged through years of mediocrity (no offense Bri) and failed to show any signs of progress.

Offense:

Ohio State will be led by Senior QB Willie Ford who lacks elite arm strength but has the most accurate arm in the country with a ridiculousness 99 THA rating. It's going to be interesting to see how KD fares with him during the season. The Buckeye backfield is loaded with a talent with 3 players with a rating > 89. Indications are that Brandon Montgomery will be the bell-cow back his senior season as he earned All-American honors due to his play last year and his lightning speed and Sanders-esque elusiveness.

As far as weakness go their wide receiver corp needs some work and their OL has suffered from the drop in prestige. Their aren't any real playmaking receiver threats though Marvin Wilson has some wheels and is an elite route runner. And apart from LT Mike Conley they have very little talent across the offensive line which may be the teams undoing.

Defense:

Coach Nutter still hasn't informed the league commissioner on what type of defense he plans to run but they have a nice solid defensive line highlighted by senior DT Chad Bower who is one of the best players on the team and will give opposing offensive lineman a whole heckuva lot of trouble with his beastly moves (96 POW, 99 PMV, 97 BSH).

The second level of the defense is chock full of talented players including impact player MLB Zeph McCutcheon (great name) who can lay the wood and is superb in coverage. The secondary is no different, flush with talent and tons of depth. KD inherited one of, if not, the best corners in the country in senior CB Joe Ford who has 99 PUR, 97 PRC, 99 M/ZCV, and 96 PRS ratings to go along with decent long speed and good size.

Outlook:

This is probably the hardest team to predict for this year as Coach Nutter is new to the game, the dynasty, and the team. The Big-10 is one of the weaker conferences though and he has plenty of talent to work with so I won't be the least bit surprised if the Buckeyes make noise this year or even make it to the big game.

kdpnutter

2. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Very nicely done, tho I did inform them that I will be running the 4-3 on defense. I'm hoping I can make some noise with Ohio State and compete for the big 10 crown hopefully.(y)

Matrix Monkey

3. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Sorry, checked the playbooks thread but theres nothing in there. You a 4-3 guy or something cause your personnel seems better for the 3-4.

4. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

lack of depth at the MLB forced it, until next season, but I mix it up with the 3-4 and 4-3.