2019 Oklahoma Sooners- Do they have Zambonis in Oklahoma?

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PAgamer07, Mar 28, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

[​IMG]

Return of the Canadian!

So Coach sonn is back on the field after missing almost all of last season due to personal issues. Since his last conference Championship in 2015, he has watched Texas and Missouri both win the conference and has really taken a back seat in the Big 12.

Will this be the season that Sonn gets his team back on the map? That's what I will attempt to figure out.

The Good

• HB Marcus Gandy. Gandy enters his senior season ranked as a 98 overall. He is a power back with excellent break tackle, trucking but also adds a lot of speed. Could this be the year we see a back from Oklahoma get some recognition?
    • The WR Corps. 4 and 5 star recruits abound at the recieving positions here in South Ottawa and the #1-3 WR are some of the best on any team in the country. They are led by Mark Hughes (95 OVR) out of Kansas who has great hands, route running ability and excellent quickness. Oklahoma's own Derrick Brooks (not that Derrick Brooks), is the #2 receiver and is your prototypical possession guy. All of the peripheral skills required to move the sticks he excels at, and his 92 spectacular catch showcase some of his highlight reel catches. Finally 5'10" Mark Golden out of Colorado will play in the slot, and not only is he super fast, but his route running is the best on the team. Look for Coach Sonn to cheese with this guy.
    • OLB Nick White. 6'4" 237 lbs out of Texas. The cornerstone of this defense, this guy is one of the best run stoppers in the league. He has 94 acceleration combined with 91 play recognition and will hit the holes quickly. Add in 96 block shedding and 95 hit power and this dude will easily lead the team in tackles.
    • The conference. God there are some bad teams in the conference. What exactly is the Big 12 good at anyhow?
    The Bad
    • Offensive Line. Outside of RT Andy Butler (97 OVR), there aren't a lot of bright spots on this line. It's young and inexperienced especially at Guard. Whoever gets the call to start here at LG and RG, no one is rated higher than 83. A recipe for disaster. 90 OVR Center Danny Smith can't block more than 1 guy, and I expect Sonn to pound plenty of Molsons in frustration.
    • The secondary. I like CB Isaac Ransom (96 OVR) a lot. He is going to be a shutdown cornerback this year. The problem? Next in line are 3 sophmore's rated 83, 82, and 82 respectively. These guys are going to get torched. FS Ron Tanner will help.. A little. But to be honest, there really isn't a pot to piss in here..
    The Ugly
    • QB. Has Oklahoma ever had a good quarterback? Has Oklahoma been relevant lately for that matter? Both questions are probably no, but this season they are in for a world of hurt. Like I said, I like their WR Corps. But I expect whoever gets the nod to start to be on his back a lot, or missing these guys horribly. I guess the starter will be Rodney Hill, 83 OVR with 91 THA. As a True Sophmore, he has potential, but this year is going to be difficult
    • Missouri and Texas. These 2 have owned the conference the last few seasons, and I expect nothing less this year. With the questions Oklahoma has, there is no way they win the conference or even beat one of these teams.
    • Defensive Line. 86, 81, 86, 78. That's the highest ratings across the line at the key positions. That's it "Oh Canada".
    Prediction
    Is it Hockey season yet? I really want Sonn to win. Honest. Im sick of Nachos running his mouth and gloating when he has the best pipeline and home state of any NCAA team. Im also tired of Matrix doing so well. He owned me when he was at Michigan, and I really want someone else to do something.
    Unfortunately it's not going to happen. Both lines are not good enough to match up with the big boys. The inexperience at QB makes it hard to compensate for these weaknesses. And they have to play both Missouri and Texas, and it's possible Texas Tech may have figured this out.

I expect Oklahoma to go 9-3. With 2 losses in conference and 1 out of conference loss. It's possible they may look better next year, but at this point, a 4th place conference finish is more likely.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sonn

sonn Walk On

Sums it up nicely. Only quibbles I have is all the hockey references and I run a 3-4 so that 78 overall DT won't see much time. Also what did you mean by South Ottawa?

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I dont know what province your from. Oklahoma is now being called South Ottawa is what I meant.

4. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

He's a brown dude living in Canada. I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark and say Toronto is where sonn hails from.

• Like Like x 2
  5. sonn

sonn Walk On

6. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

What year did he take over? He should have like 15 5* guys about to be seniors.

"Defensive Line. 86, 81, 86, 78."
    Ouch. That doesn't match up well against an offensive line with 3 99 overall guys.