2019 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by MaxATX34, Jan 9, 2012.

1. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Buckeyes come out the gate quickly, locking up (7) Week 1 insta-commits

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

# Name Position Rank Caliber Height Weight Hometown
    1 Benjamin Mays ATH #1 :5stars: 6'5 209 Bennettsville, SC
    2 Scott Newton QB #4 :4stars: 5'11 194 East Liverpool, OH
    3 Sean Boyd CB #3 :4stars: 6'1 176 Grand Rapids, MI
    4 Jabar Hickman OLB #1 :4stars: 5'11 213 Huntsville, TX
    5 Matt Hill TE #8 :4stars: JUCO(So) 6'4 237 Fort McKinley, OH
    6 Mike Price CB #8 :4stars: 6'1 181 Defiance, OH
    7 David Thomas WR #132 :3stars: JUCO(Jr) 6'0 166 Seven Hills, OH

Benjamin Mays is a freak at WR in the Randy Moss mold. He has future 1st-rounder written all over him and it is scary to think what his stats will look like after a few seasons in the weight room.

Scott Newton was offered a scholarship and committed right away. He isnt the prototypical QB, but a RS and a few seasons of S&C should work wonders for him. OSU is still chasing the QB they really like though. Newton could end up a career backup if the Bucks land the other QB.

Sean Boyd joins a long list of Elite Defensive Backs that have chosen to come to Columbus. Instead of chasing the #1 Corner again, the Bucks have decided to offer two/three :4stars:. You can never have enough CBs like this guy.

Jabar Hickman, the #1 OLB recruit in the country has decided to commit early. He is looking at a RS also. He needs to work on his agility, but is very polished otherwise.

Matt Hill. OSU jumped at the chance to offer a :4stars: JUCO TE. He looks like an NFL player already. The Bucks will assess their TE situation when he gets to campus. A RS for this guy could make him a dominant player.

Mike Price heard about Boyd becoming a Buck and wanted to come in alongside of him "With both of us coming in at the same time we can elevate each other's game, and playing alongside another good corner makes both of our jobs easier".

David Thomas. He is a little slight of frame, but his ball skills and route running are at a high level. OSU would love to RS this guy but he could compete for playing time as soon as he gets on campus. He will only have 2 years of playing time available though, so a RS would help him reach his potential.

3. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Nebraska opens week 1 with an Insant Commit from :4stars: #9 MLB John Richardson out of Grand Junction Colorado. Not really a position of need this year or nexst but he is a smart kid and tackles really well and will help us with depth at the position,eventually he should be a starter.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think my vomit just threw up! Nice opening number Max...save some for the rest of us ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Jayrah we're gonna have some battles for some guys...I've noticed you and I are 1 and 2 in alot of the guys im after.

6. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Yes its very interesting. I'm not sure how my board will look when its all said and done. I'm reaching for some guys for the first time I think because I feel pressure from you and gowazzucougs a bit. I'm really not overly impressed with what I get in my second level if I can't win these guys over.

7. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Only 8 scholarships for Stanford this year, but they are targetting some big fish with that number.

8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Jayrah

I have a feeling you are going to get the CB from Hawaii because of your pipeline. I was thinking about conceding him to you last night, if my margin of deficit on a sleeper CB wasn't that big.

9. Jayrah

I am hoping that's the difference on a few guys as we move through the year. It seems I am a ways down on some but I think I have pipeline advantage.

10. gowazzucougs

my board is going to crap, but it appears the game is going to try it's darnedest to get me a particular CB from Hawaii Jayrah. So for the record, I have reached the point in the online dynasty where my school has hit it's ceiling, and my wife feels the need to call another user's wife about what point a person should be allowed to play their user games. good times fellas.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cheez

The Number One recruit in the country is coming to STANFORD

between him and the two backs I got last year, my stable should be set for the next few years. He'll fortify my inside run in the not-so-distant future.

12. Jayrah

You are dissallowed to recruit rbs next year!!!!

13. Jayrah

Nah I'm not worried. He'll be here next year. His mother and I talked on the phone ;)

14. Cheez

not a bad idea, assuming that i get everyone back. Next year, I'll have 2 juniors, 3 sophs, and a freshman :p

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Cheez
    Just stop recruiting the #1 WR...you are never gonna throw to the guy. Let him come to UCLA where he'll at least get the ball thrown to him!!!

16. gowazzucougs

Jayrah

you have slipped to number 3 on that CB's board, what is up with that? You have a Hawaii pipeline and cannot remain #1 on his board. Why don't you just quit calling him and allow WSU and USC to talk to him. (Side note I really do believe you are getting him, I don't know how many more big calls I can get with this guy.)

17. gowazzucougs

I have used that reasoning before, he doesn't listen.

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im trying to appeal the to kinder, gentle side of cheez

19. Cheez

no

he might be a good blocker... you never know ;)

doesn't exist.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  20. Jayrah

Holy cats! I put all my eggs in the USC basket with 5 of my biggest recruits and USC is 2nd on this cb's board, with them at 20 and me at 40 pts behind Cougs. Between my top 15 guys (which is my scholly limit), I'm battling SC or Ucla in 10 seperate instances. Ucla lost this week and I beat SC so this is a huge week hopefully in my favor. Cougs should beat Colorado so he might get a boost for this Williams kid (the cb from HI).

21. Jayrah

Last week's win against USC combined with the Ucla loss was just the ticket for making this class from "not" to "hott"! In some surprise signings, Cal attained #5OT Von Ivey out of Bloomington, MN, #8OT Cameron Strickland out of Garden City, KS, and coveted #3SS Donny Martinez out of Avondale, AGuys

All 3 are :4stars: recruits and in each case the Bears shot over at least 2 teams to aquirre the sign and the coaching staff is ecstatic about these guys. Still Cal is trying to ink an OG and 2 more playmakers at S and/or CB.

A key though, is that none of these 3 were expected, so there's real value from the rest of this class with players that suddenly have Cal #1 or #2 on their board, while Ucla and others have fallen below the Bears.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Bad time for a bye week for us...could of used a home CPU game. Next weeks advance could be devistating to my board :(

• Like Like x 1
  23. Jayrah

We may have committed a major error by not putting the full hr into 2 guys we thought we had locked up over Ucla. They went from up 40 to -1 and soft Ucla commits. Not happy about this development, nor the fact that the guys we put that extra time on went somewhere else this week. :( What a crucial error. The saving grace is that those were/are going to be players at positions where we are still young and good due to previous recruiting cycles. And thanks to the surprise pickups earlier we are still in good shape. If we can't get these guys back, we'll go after some guys after the season for high value instead of settling for some guys that we could take at already full positions.

24. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I was shocked you didnt lock those guys up Jayrah...with my Bye week and the earliest visit opportunity (besides Ohio State) was Week 7.

25. Jayrah

Me too.... me too :(