2019 Rock You like a Hurricane Preview

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by JohnnyClutch, Mar 28, 2012.

1. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

[​IMG]
    Award Contenders
    Robert Mullins
    -6'1" 212 lbs
    -Free Safety
    -Overall 97

Mullins is the leader of the 2019 'Cane defense and the best player they have on the team. Mullins is easily the best safety The U has seen since Ed Reed. 99 MCV and 98 ZCV show how well this guy can cover and he also has the speed with it to cover the whole field. Mullins is also very smart on the field as shown in his 96 Play Recognition. I expect big things from this guy and look for him to be a top ten pick in next April's Draft.

Alex Cody
    -6'6" 202 lbs
    -Wide Receiver
    -Overall 86

Cody has been a beast his first two years and he will be even better in his junior season. I expect this kid and fellow ACC receiver Jeff Lamb to be the front runners for WROTY. Cody has great size at 6'6" he will go up and catch anything you throw his way. He is pretty fast but doesn't have elite speed. He's route running skills are above average also.

Outlook
    Offense: The offense will once again put up points as is custom with a coach ZCar team. The question that limits production to less then what it was last year is who is going to step up to replace Ryan "Trailer" Parks at HB. Right now Marquis Battle and Wayne Martin are battling for the number one spot but it wouldn't surprise me if a incoming freshman would gets looks to being the feature back. The two tackles are the best lineman on this team and will help in protecting Darnell Grant from the outside rush. The interior lineman are barely average and any pressure from the middle will disrupt the offense.​

Defense: The secondary is definitely the heart of the defense. Look for them to shut down a lot of the other teams receivers and throwing it deep on this team with Mullins and Gray patrolling the field. This secondary will have to make up for the lack of playmakers in the front seven. Most of the starters are average to above average with left end Justin Morris being the only standout. He will bring pressure off the edge but it wont be enough to make up for the lack of any other support from his line buddies. I look for teams to altering their own game plan and making more of a run oriented offense when playing Miami.

Prediction
    With out seeing the schedule I see this team going 9-3, maybe 8-4. They could possible win a couple more games if they keep them close. I just don't see the defense stopping teams at this point and this will cost them in some shootout games.​

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  2. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

• Like Like x 1
  3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Nice format Clutch.

4. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Nice writeup Johnny and after looking over the schedule 6-6 or 7-5 is the likely outcome for this season.