2019 Rutgers Scarlet Knights

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    RUTGERS DEPTH CHART

QUARTERBACKS
    JR- Kevin Wilson (87)
    SR- Brandon Abrams (79)
    *JR- Renaldo Crosby (79)
    FR- Kris Bailey (75)
    SO- Nick Johnson (70)

RUNNING BACKS
    FR- Buck Scott (79)
    SO- Martin Thomas (84)
    SR- Matt Talley (76)
    SO- Joe Manning (75)
    SR- Joe Key (75)
    FR- Ryan Drew (66)

FULLBACKS
    SR- Nick Byrd (76)
    SO- Robert Carr (56)

WIDE RECEIVERS
    SR- Frank Ferguson (83)
    SO- Mark Garner (79)
    JR- Gerald Anderson (81)
    SO- Jonathan Lewis (72)
    SO- Courtney McKinney (70)
    FR- Roman Cox (67)

TIGHT ENDS
    JR- Travis Spencer (86)
    FR- Lorenzo Richardson (75)
    *FR- Justin Jordan (73)

OFFENSIVE LINE
    SO-LT Ryan Phillips (92)
    FR-LT Paul Butler (77)
    FR-LT Chris Lane (69)

SO-LG Ryan Larson (85)
    FR-LG Chris Lane (69)
    FR-LG Jonathan Boyd (45)

FR-C Rich Johnson (78)
    FR-C Mark Thompson (63)

SR-RG Lorne Heard (87)
    JR-RG Brett Jacobs (68)

SR-RT Brooks Archer (96)
    FR-RT Paul Butler (77)

DEFENSIVE LINE
    FR-RE Michael Holt (79)
    FR-LE Eric McCauley (77)
    JR-LE Matt Manning (72)

SO-RE Mark Ryan (82)
    *FR-RE Joe Dean (80)
    SO-RE Travis Penn (76)
    FR-RE Nate Johnson (75)
    *SR-RE Blake Jenkins (71)

SR-DT Jammal Ball (88)
    SR-DT Rodney Dawson (85)
    JR-DT Andrew Daniels (78)
    SO-DT Ben Jacobs (76)
    *JR-DT Eric Arnold (75)
    FR-DT Keith Snyder (71)

LEFT OUTSIDE LINEBACKER
    JR- Kevin Thompson (83)
    JR- Shane Cotton (72)

MIDDLE LINEBACKER
    SO- Nelson Witherspoon (85)
    SO- Daniel Alfred (77)
    FR- Brad Harris (72)

RIGHT OUTSIDE LINEBACKER
    SO- Zach Scott (78)
    *FR- Victor Smith (73)
    FR- Aaron Fields (68)
    *SO- Ronnie Morris (68)

CORNERBACKS
    SO- Rob Scott (84)
    SR- Wesley Owens (84)
    SO- Thomas Hicks (74)
    FR- Sam Lumpkin (73)
    FR- Nick Kelly (70)
    JR- Jack Wilson (68)
    SO- Sean Miller (66)

FREE SAFETIES
    FR- Will Johnson (77)
    SR- Troy Jackson (82)
    JR- Bryant Luke (76)
    FR- Nathan Davis (73)

STRONG SAFETY
    FR- Brian Jones (83)
    SR- Troy Jackson (82)
    FR- Nathan Davis (73)

SPECIAL TEAMS
    FR-K Cedrick Ingram (84)
    SR-P Terrance West (95)

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Uh oh... I know I only consider doing yearly threads when I like my team, is this bad news for the league bra? How does Buck Scott look in practice?

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Scott is interesting. I dint know how to use his power though. His acceleration is crazy. He seems faster than he really is.

Between him, my QB, my WR's and TE I got some freaks, 6'4" and taller. I couldn't get the speed guys but I got those with 99 acceleration and are tall to boot. Since I couldn't get the speedsters I wanted to try an offense where I got two guys with amazing acceleration. Game 1, the run game was excellent, my pass game is still a bit erratic but that's because my QB is seemingly wilder than his accuracy suggests. Meanwhile I got the backup who seems to have better accuracy then what he actually has.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    DEFENSE AND RUSHING ATTACK SHUTDOWN KANSAS

NEW JERSEY (AP)- JR-QB Kevin Wilson has had a tough time trying to live up to the lofty expectations set forth by the future college HOF QB Daniel Sims. Wilson has only lost two games so far as a starter but that 1st loss led to Rutgers falling short of the title game for a unprecidented 5th straight time. Then they loss in a sim game to Wisconsin. Meanwhile, Rutgers has been bringing in much better talent in the previous seasons. The only difference between them and other top programs is Rutgers doesn't have the power to redshirt some of these studs. Much of them are playing right away.

Take for example, FR-RB Buck Scott. This 6'5" beast likely would have been redshirted if there was any elite RB's on the rosters. Lately, Rutgers hasn't been able to stockpile talent. When Scott came in, he showed he is an physically imposing figure who fits right in with the other guys. "No kidding, our average height of our offense maybe 6'3"," said Coach Moreecemos. Scott managed to get the starting nod over SO-RB Martin Thomas. Both were instrumental in the beatdown of the Jayhawks.

Scott showed why he was a 5-star stud. He rushed for 130 yards on 19 carries and 2TD's. More importantly and scary for opposing offenses is that he does not move like someone would expect a 6'5", 231lb man would move. Instead he glides and looks very quick as he's very much in shape. Then his backup, Martin Thomas was not to be outdone. In fact, Thomas rushed for a higher average per carry (6/9 to 6.8) and had 111 yards himself with 2TD's. These two helped Rutgers control the TOP heavily in their favor. It also led to the QB's having an easy day. Kevin Wilson threw for 187 yards and a TD on 11/16 passes while backup QB Brandon Abrams threw for 2TD's on the game.

The defense showed why they are getting back to those previous 3-4 years where they flew to the football. They allowed only 9 completions out of 26 and had 4 sacks on the game. "I was impressed with our tenacity out there...we didn't allow Kansas to breath offensively," said Coach.

RUTGERS- 52, KANSAS- 0

RUTGERS STATS
    QB Kevin Wilson- 11/17, 187yds, TD, 1car, 6yds

QB Brandon Abrams- 4/6, 75yds, 2TD's
    RB Buck Scott- 19car, 130yds, 2TD's
    RB Martin Thomas- 16car, 111yds, 2TD's
    WR Gerald Anderson- 3rec, 59yds, TD
    TE Travis Spencer- 5rec, 59yds, TD
    DT Jammal Ball- 6 tackles, 4FL, sack
    SO Mark Ryan- 4 tackles, FL, sack, FF

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nice all-around beatdown. Love the games where the D plays consistent all game.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    RUTGERS NAILS FG IN LAST SECOND WIN OVER STANFORD

New Jersey (AP)- Kicker/Punter Terrence West has seen it all, from being apart of 2 world titles to becoming a pro prospect using his right leg. Still, the SR-K still has some unfinished business to take care of at Rutgers. His latest work was kicking a 4 field goals, including a 22 yarder with 3 seconds left which kept Rutgers undefeated season alive with a 32-31 win.

The Rutgers offense showed it still had some work to do as they often sputtered getting close to the redzone. Starting QB Kevin Wilson even threw a pick deep in the redzone which led to the woes of the Scarlet Knights. Yet they did score on their opportunities when they got close thanks mostly to West. West hit deep FG from 54 yards out, which is his best of the young season so far. "I just went to do my job out there, putting points on the board," said K/P Terrence West.

The vaunted run-oriented Rutgers failed against a tough Stanford team, only gaining 71 yards on the ground. Big bruising back Buck Scott was effective with 67 yards, especially considering the penetration the Stanford defense was getting on the Rutgers offensive line, with 41 of those yards coming after the 1st hit. While it didn't gain much yardage on the game (Thomas had 0 yards rushing), they both were key in scoring TD's, as both scored on the ground in this game.

The defense ultimately was key and instrumental in this win for Rutgers. Early in the game, the defense gave Rutgers a 7-0 lead as they made Stanford QB K.Mills fumble on a run and DE Mark Ryan picked it up and went 52 yards for the score. After that Stanford's QB had his way though, torching the Rutgers defense for 378 yards and 3TD's in the game. He was very precise as he only had 5 incompletions going 17/22 on the game. He was the big star in the game.

But when Stanford had a chance to put the game out of reach with a 31-29 lead late in the 4th, the star QB couldn't convert late. A punt gave Rutgers great field positions and RU methodically went down the field. With the seconds winding down and unpredictability of a Stanford late charge, Rutgers really wanted to score a TD to force Stanford to drive down the field for a score. But with Stanford wanting to save time for their own comeback, a stingy Stanford defense preventing a Rutgers TD score, and a Rutgers team struggling to make a quick decision with time winding down, they ultimately decided to waste clock and line up for a FG try. "We got one of the best kickers in the nation, and we just did not want to force anything that wasn't there towards the end," said Coach Moreecemos. And with that the decision was easy to kick the FG.

RUTGERS- 32, STANFORD- 31

P.O.G.- K TERRENCE WEST- 4/4 FG's, LONG OF 54, GW-FG WITH 3 SEC LEFT

RUTGERS STATS
    QB KEVIN WILSON- 21/31, 330YDS, INT
    RB BUCK SCOTT- 21CAR, 67YDS, TD, 3REC, 28YDS

TE TRAVIS SPENCER- 6REC, 84YDS
    WR GERALD ANDERSON- 5REC, 119YDS
    SS BRIAN JONES- 4 TACKLES, INT
    RE MARK RYAN- 4 TACKLES, SACK, FR, TD
    DT RODNEY DAWSON0 2 TACKLES, SACK, FF
    RE MICHAEL HOLT- 2 TACKLES, SACK

STANFORD STATS
    QB K.MILLS- 17/22, 378YDS, 3TD'S, INT
    RB C.CREWS- 12CAR, 41YDS, TD
    WR J.JOHNSON- 6REC, 138YDS, 2TD'S
    WR D.ROBERTS- 3REC, 108YDS
    TE R.BROWN- 5REC, 84YDS
    LB C.HUFF- 10 TACKLES, 3FL, SACK

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

So... What's your kicker's name, again?

Good win man. The Cardinal just can't seem to turn the corner against the heavies of this dynasty... (UCLA, Rutgers, etc)

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    LOL, I didn't notice that...

btw, you know BBJ won 3 straight in deuce?? titles i mean??

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

W T F???

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    RUTGERS WINS DESPITE SLOPPY PLAY

New Jersey (AP)- Coach Moreecemos walked away from this game not happy despite a 30-14 win over the #8 ranked Miami Hurricanes. "Today we played sloppy football and it could have cost us a game but luckily we made the plays when we needed to."

The sloppy play was primarily on the 4 turnovers Rutgers gave to Miami on the game. Kevin Wilson was particularly giving, having two interceptions and a fumble. "I didn't play my best but my teammates picked me up," said Wilson. The JR-QB fought through the adversity to throw 315 yards and 2TD's on the game though.

The run game took a hit when Buck Scott went down with an injury early in the game and didn't return due to a sore back. It showed as backup RB Martin Thomas ran for 89 yards but only averaged 3.5 per run. He also put a ball on the ground and had a drop in the passing game. Overall it was an ugly display and something that coach said, "would not have us in the title game playing this way."

Offensively the Scarlet Knights have not found their true A game but defensively may have been their finest effort. Holding the Hurricanes under 300 yards is a feat in itself but forcing under 50% completion by their QB and sacking QB Matt Love 3 times and picking him off was key. The freshman was clearly rattled out there as he seemed very nervous in the pocket. The Hurricanes tried to run exclusively out there with SR-RB William Jones who was effective early on, amassing 100 yards on only 9 carries. But after that, the Scarlet Knights defense held Jones to just 7 yards on 9 carries afterwards.

The Rutgers defense did get payback for their offense as they had 3 takeaways themselves. Star-LB Nelson Witherspoon had a big time game with 4 tackles an INT and 2 forced fumbles. Him and fellow LB Kevin Thompson led the charge on the field with their aggressive play and hard hitting tackles. Overall both teams had about 5-6 injuries total.

Going into the next week, Rutgers hopes to get their lineup in tact. JR-QB Kevin Wilson left the game several times with a bruised elbow. FS Will Johnson and Buck Scott left the game for good with sore backs and both guys are 50/50 on playing in next weeks game. Even backup RB Martin Thomas left the game for some time. Here's to a healthy bye week for Rutgers.

RUTGERS- 30, MIAMI- 14

RUTGERS STATS
    QB KEVIN WILSON- 21/31, 315YDS, 2TD's, 2INT's
    RB MARTIN THOMAS- 25CAR, 89YDS, TD, 2REC, 20YDS

TE TRAVIS SPENCER- 6REC, 101YDS
    WR MARK GARNER- 5REC, 75YDS
    WR GERALD ANDERSON- 2REC, 72YDS, TD
    LOLB KEVIN THOMPSON- 5 TACKLES, 2 SACKS
    FR-FS NATHAN DAVIS- 5 TACKLES, SACK, FR, TD
    MLB NELSON WITHERSPOON- 4 TACKLES, 3FL, INT, 2FF's
    DT RODNEY DAWSON- 3 TACKLES, FL, FR, SAFETY

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

There's a certain dog of the law that is on a hiatus or something... last I checked... lol... Just sayin. NOw maybe he is back and there was a legit one there :)

13. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Titles in Short Bus Leagues don't count. :D