2019 Virginia Tech Hokies Preview

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by JCspartan2, Mar 30, 2012.

1. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

[​IMG]

Offense:

This offense has a lot of speed and a very good offensive line, all rated in the high 80s or low 90s. The strength of this unit is definitely the WR position with 90 Ovr Guy Rankin leading the way. I have first hand experience trying to stop this guy, and it's not possible. My best corner was toyed with, as Rankin caught everything thrown his way and broke at least one tackle on each catch. If the offense has a weakness, it's at the HB position, with the highest rated guy being rated 82 overall. He is better than his rating though with 95 speed and 96 acceleration, which should be plenty behind that offensive line.

Defense:

This unit is very bipolar. The front 7 are very strong and have a lot of depth. DT's Chad Lee and Larry Brown anchor the unit at 96 and 94 Ovr respectively, while James Porter and Kevin Smith at DE are excellent compliments at 91 and 89 Ovr. The Secondary is where this team as a whole might lose some games. The corners are adequate, but not spectacular, with the highest rated guy a 84 overall in 5-9 Kevin Robinson. 97 overall FS Scott Mitchell is an NFL prospect, however, and could make up for some of the deficits in other areas of the field.

Overall:

VT has underachieved the last couple of seasons, and the opening game loss to NU doesn't help in removing that label. Still, there is enough talent in the right spots for this team to make a run, and one loss early doesn't necessarily knock you out of title contention.

2. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

very nice JC, thanks. It was appropriate that you did my write up, lol. ya, maybe my secondary just sucks this year.

• Like Like x 1
  3. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

it'll be nice if my Dline will live up to their ratings. if they do it will take pressure off the corners...but as we saw in our game, no qb pressure from the front 4 = bad secondary.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I scouted your team before the game and was shocked at the ratings of your secondary since the rest of your team is so stacked, unfortunately the way my team is set up doesn't lend itself to attacking a weak secondary, but thankfully in our game I had enough of a passing threat to open up some late running lanes.