2019- Week 2

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PAgamer07, Mar 30, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Weve advanced. Deadline is 10 PM EST Sunday.

2. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Well Week 2 has started up and who's the damn scheduling makers giving Ohio State a week 2 bye? Lol couldn't give me one during the toughest part of the season, haha no lets give it to em at the beginning of the year.

Good luck in Week 2 everyone!

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

You and me both!

4. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Better then 2 byes in a row at any point in the season. It's not like their is progressive fatigue or injuries.

5. PAgamer07

Sorry guys! Getting guys a bunch of user games AND not being able to edit conference schedules is tough.

6. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

But if you do get an injury the bye week at least knocks out one of the weeks of injuries and hopefully gets them back quick. (y)

7. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Game is broken. 99% of injuries don't stick. So they can be out for the year and will only miss the rest of the game they got hurt in.

8. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Really? They stick in Madden hmm guess it's different, good to know tho.

9. PAgamer07

It's hit or miss really. Ive had multiple game injuries stick, and then sometimes they dont.

10. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Well it's EA and they suck.

11. PAgamer07

Anyone know when ZCar352 is coming back??

12. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I thought he said at some point today, but I'll bet TEClemson53 knows better than me.

13. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

He was on xbox live today so I would assume he's back.

14. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Im back but dealing with internet issues I will get the Texas Tech Preview up as soon as I can get my xbox to reconnect to the internet

15. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Maryland 45 - Texas 14

[​IMG]

In a matchup of what should have been a repeat of last year's national championship game, the Terps wanted to leave no doubt in this one. Everyone chipped in, as the defense held Texas scoreless until garbage time (and didn't allow them into the red zone once), the offense was efficient, and the special teams contributed 2 TDs.

This one started well for the Terps, as they forced a 3 and out on Texas' first possession and then their offense immediately went to work. Robert Hayes got the start again at QB, and he put together a great drive in which he went 6-6 and that lasted 5 minutes and culminated in a 26 yard TD pass for the Terps to go ahead 7-0. When Texas got the ball back, they put themselves into a threatening position, but a botched screen pass saw Zach Mosley get strip sacked and the Terps would recover. They again got to work offensively, but this time only managed 3, to push the lead to 10-0 with 7 min left in the half. After trading punts back and forth, Maryland would get the ball back with about 2:30 left in the half and Robert Hayes would again move the ball effectively, this time throwing a 33 yard TD to Michael Patterson in the back corner of the end zone with 30 seconds left in the 1st half.

A deflated Texas team would come out to start the second half, and on the very opening kickoff it would show. All-American KR Jamar Manning would bounce off a tackle at about the 16 yard line and then turn on the jets to take the kickoff back to the house, 106 yards for the score to make it 24-0 and effectively end the game. Maryland would add a few more rushing scores and a Jamar Manning punt return TD, and Texas would connect on a few bombs to make the final score 45-14.

16. sonn

sonn Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. PAgamer07

Wow. Huge win Ryal.

18. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

At least it's only week 2. Plenty of time to go for three in a row :)

19. PAgamer07

Penn State: 14
    Oklahoma: 10

What an ugly, ugly game this was. The rain certainly played a factor but neither team's offense amounted to anything and I wish there was more to write about...

On the day the teams accounted for: 10 turnovers, numerous dropped passes, a chip shot FG that was missed, 7 sacks and 3 QB changes for Penn State. Im pretty sure both teams were 0'fer in the Red Zone. No one on offense really had a standout game but if you had to pick someone it would be WR Carlos Vaughn with 4 catches for 76 yards and 2 TD. One of which was the game winner with less than a minute on the clock. For the Sooners, HB Marcus Gandy was kept in check for the most part with only 91 yards on 23 carries. Penn State only rushed the ball 9 times, and due to frustration threw it 40 times.

On defense, DE Josh Marshall of OKlahoma had 2 sacks and a FF. The secondary which I ripped to shreds in my preview was solid for Oklahoma and had 6 INT. I guess ratings dont mean anything right Screwthebcs ? For Penn State, OLB Chris Smith had 4 tackles 1 INT and 1 sack.

Wish there was more to talk about here sonn but it was a snoozefest. GG

20. sonn

sonn Walk On

I may have to get drunk again to forget this game.

21. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

exactly! :p

22. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

23. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Moral of Week 2:

ACC>>>>>>B10>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>B12

24. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

thank goodness i wasn't playing...