2019- Week 4

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PAgamer07, Apr 3, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Advancing in a few. Deadline is Thursday 10 PM.

TEClemson53 you streaming our game?

2. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  3. PAgamer07

brandon montgomery moves into heisman discussion. lamb is out. duckett still there.

4. PAgamer07

Hello pagamer7,
    Welcome to Week 4! Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to write your own stories.
    Clemson (0-1) at #5 Penn State (2-0)
    Last week, the Tigers had a bye week
    In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets announced their decisions:
    QBEric Wright Clem
    Oklahoma (0-3) vs #2 Missouri (2-0)
    Last week, the Sooners lost 21-20 vs. Nebraska (2-1)
    In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets announced their decisions:
    CBCedric Williams Miss St
    Northwestern (1-1) vs #4 Texas Tech (2-0)
    Last week, the Wildcats lost 27-17 vs. Missouri (2-0)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Northwestern targets.
    #10 Nebraska (2-1)has a bye week
    Last week, the Cornhuskers won 21-20 at Oklahoma (0-3)
    In recruiting news, the following Nebraska targets announced their decisions:
    WRDanny Butler Neb
    #20 Texas (1-2) vs Baylor (1-1)
    Last week, the Longhorns lost 31-28 at Oklahoma State (1-1)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Texas targets.
    #24 Virginia Tech (1-1) vs Wake Forest (0-2)
    Last week, the Hokies won 45-38 vs. Boise State (0-2)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Virginia Tech targets.
    #14 Ohio State (1-1) at #17 Miami (1-0)
    Last week, the Buckeyes lost 31-24 at Maryland (3-0)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Ohio State targets.
    #1 Maryland (3-0)has a bye week
    Last week, the Terrapins won 31-24 vs. Ohio State (1-1)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Maryland targets.
    #5 Penn State (2-0) vs Clemson (0-1)
    Last week, the Nittany Lions had a bye week
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Penn State targets.
    #2 Missouri (2-0) at Oklahoma (0-3)
    Last week, the Tigers won 27-17 at Northwestern (1-1)
    In recruiting news, the following Missouri targets announced their decisions:
    WRDanny Butler Neb
    #4 Texas Tech (2-0) at Northwestern (1-1)
    Last week, the Red Raiders had a bye week
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Texas Tech targets.
    #17 Miami (1-0) vs #14 Ohio State (1-1)
    Last week, the Hurricanes won 36-32 vs. Houston (1-1)
    In recruiting news, the following Miami targets announced their decisions:
    ATHMarvin Johnson Mia

5. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

What a nice looking safety.

6. PAgamer07

no more fuckihng around

7. JohnnyClutch

My internet is running super slow, missed the TD because the feed froze on play call screen. :mad:

8. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

probably my weak ass internet

9. JohnnyClutch

We both have Time Warner. Double trouble.

10. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Pa is going to get rolled :p

11. AJ Hart MN

wow, it's mad money merk's play :eek:

12. PAgamer07

what play>

13. PAgamer07

catch the ball

14. JohnnyClutch

I think my laptop in on it last legs.

15. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Nice! Hopefully Montgomery can bring it home along with a nice big 10 title!

16. AJ Hart MN

That DT is a beast lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

I swear lol, so many plays PA would throw it and my CB would stop running or run the OTHER way

the QB change saved your ass

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  18. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

[​IMG]
    Ohio State came into this game after a tough defeat against the number one Maryland Terrapins. Miami came in as the #17 team in the country and Ohio State had slipped to #14. Ohio State would finally have their opening game at home in the horseshoe, after opening up on the road at Tennessee and at Maryland. The story of this game and the story of the season has been the play of RB Brandon Montgomery. Montgomery had shot himself up the Heisman charts and has provided a spark on offense to fuel Ohio State so far on offense and open up the passing game. Ohio State would kick off and get a pick on the very first drive but would be stalled out and Miami would get the ball again and be forced to punt. Ohio State would move the ball down the field behind Brandon Montgomery. At the Miami 17 QB Willie Ford would find WR Marvin Wilson on a bubble screen as Miami only had on defender out there and a great block but the other WR would let Wilson walk into the end zone. Miami would answer on their first offensive play. Miami would run the wildcat and were able to get the corner and RB Ray Ray Jackson would go 76 yards to tie the game up 7-7.​
    Ohio State would get the ball back and go on the back of Brandon Montgomery who would take a hand off and break 2 tackles and would go 67 yards for a touchdown to put Ohio State up 14-7. Miami would be forced to punt and Ohio State hit a good play action pass and would set up Montgomery for 1 yard out for a TD 21-7 Ohio State. However, once again Miami would not go quietly into the night, as K Jonathan Wade would drill a 55 yard field goal that would be good from 60 21-10. Ohio State would milk the clock down as we got close to halftime. Ford would be able to find his TE Brent West and he would score from 33 yards out just before halftime to make the halftime score 28-10.​
    Third quarter would see Ohio State and Miami trade punts, Ohio State would once again look to Montgomery on their next drive and he did not disappoint, going 77 yards on the hand off and score 35-10. Miami refused to give up tho, as they would come back with two big pass plays for TD's and make the score 35-24. Ohio State would knock out starting QB Cameron Holliday and Senior QB Darnell Gant would have a good late 3rd and 4th quarter.​
    4th quarter saw a lot of Montgomery chewing clock and would set up an Ohio State at the 1 yard line, at this point Ford would call his own number and sneak it in from half an inch out 42-24. Ohio State would stop Miami's offense and would chew up more clock and would go to the back-ups. This game would see 3 knees and that would be it.​
    FINAL SCORE
    #14 Ohio State Buckeyes 42
    #17 Miami Hurricanes 24
    Player of the Game
    RB Brandon Montgomery 31 carries 314 yards, 3 TD's
    [​IMG]
    GG ZCar352 It was a damn good match up and your WR was hard to cover, I had to start calling for a double team on him and even then he still made those couple of user grabs against my double teams.​

• Like Like x 1
  19. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

It was a good game but I just cant stop the run no matter what I call and Montgomery is a beast

20. PAgamer07

Holy crap... Brandon Montgomery is a beast. Nice job with this signing briosu99

21. JohnnyClutch

Bri and his OSU rushing yardage seasons are going to look like nothing compared to how Montgomery is going off.

22. JohnnyClutch

They still get paid either way. :D

[​IMG]

23. PAgamer07

[​IMG][​IMG]

It's been awhile since TEClemson53 and myself have locked horns, and all the previous games prior have been very good. This one was no different as this time my Nittany Lions traveled to Death Valley to try to move to 3-0 and remain in the Top 5 in the country.

The game would start with a quick 3 and out by Clemson (a theme for the day) and then a beautiful 30 yard TD pass to emerging star WR Carlos Vaughn for a quick 7-0 lead. The Nittany Lions would then force another 3 and out, and suddenly became overconfident. First fielding a punt inside their 10 yard line, followed by a horrible play action pass which would result in a safety.

Clemson would take advantage of the momentum, and quickly take the lead by hitting All-American WR Jeff Lamb for a deep 70 yard bomb. This would further accentuate Penn State's QB woes, as they absolutely struggled to keep drives going for the rest of the first half. Each team would add a FG to send the teams into the half with a slim lead of 12-10 by Clemson.

After a long halftime break and a chewing out by Coach Rockwell, the team came out fired up. In addition, QB Omar Stephens was inserted into the game. He knew this would be his final chance to regain the starting role and he did not disappoint. He would end the day going 9/12 for 162 yards and 2 TD.

Penn State would score the next 10 points to take the lead for good at 22-10, highlighed by a beautiful out route by WR Teddy "Down" Townes. Clemson would add another bomb to Lamb for 77 yards, but never retook the lead.

On the day, the key was really the struggles at QB for Clemson. QB Kyle Schmidt was 8/24 with 3 INT on the day. Each team had great performances by a WR with Vaughn going for 6 catches, 159 yards and 2 TD. Lamb would catch 4 for 170 and 2 TD. Penn State showed very good ball distribution, with 5 different players catching passes, 3 with 4+. Clemson's pass rush was solid all game with 5 sacks, with PSU only having 2. Outside of the +3 TO margin for Penn State, they dominated Clemson on 3rd down with their 4 wide receiver sets. They were 5/15, while Clemson was only 1/9.

GG Trey and good luck the rest of the year.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  24. PAgamer07

Yeah I hope I dont see 2000 yards or Im gonna have to change some shit.

25. JohnnyClutch

On pace for 3200 yards.

Make rushing harder. It wont hurt my 87-SPD 83-ACC back :D