2020 Gatordamus Mock Draft Top 10

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by soxandgators, Apr 18, 2013.

1. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

[​IMG]

1st Pick Shaun Mason

The Chicago Cubs have the impossible task of picking first this year. With no clear cut 1 and a group of talent 6 players strong at the top they need to address a need here. Looking at the organization there two best players are position guys(CF,1B). When building a farm it is always best to do it threw arms and with no big time arms in the farm taking a future Ace here is legit. With the first pick the Cubs take
    ScreenHunter_90 Apr. 18 02.42.jpg

[​IMG]

2nd Pick NeuroticTruth

Same scenario almost plays here. The Padres sold for a winner and got nipped by the injury bug. Needing to build the farm and starting from scratch a Ace fits the bill here. The Cubs take a guy who is ready with 1-2 seasons in the minors and is polished to go. The Padres follow suit in hopes of getting him pro fast to help the win now cause at the same time. The Padres choose
    ScreenHunter_91 Apr. 18 02.47.jpg

[​IMG]

3rd Pick JFace907

The Indians got a little different organization view. They got some nice arms already but can either be a front end Ace ? I like what he is establishing even if others don't agree. With no true clear cut Ace this is a perfect spot to round off his arms in the farm and get a guy who has big ability. He will also as the first 2 be ready in no time in the minors and ready to produce in the bigs. The Indians choose
    ScreenHunter_92 Apr. 18 02.59.jpg

[​IMG]

4th Pick sawemoff

Now this is a tough spot here. The Dodgers dropped the ball the last 2 drafts and have themselves in a spot that expects value. They will hope the owner lets them spend more then the 7.5 million draft budget. Colemanchu thinks his owner will allow it. So that puts him at about 18 million to sign his 3 first round picks and his early 2nd rounder. So budget is key to getting max value and avoiding the commish. Trying to look at this from a (if it was my team view) is so difficult. Over all these drafts we have had some great position players but only less then a handfull of elite SS. So value by positon has to go to a elite SS who is fairly cheap. Dodgers can have him for only 5.5 million and still have 12 million for his next 3 picks. The Dodgers choose
    ScreenHunter_93 Apr. 18 03.13.jpg

[​IMG]

5th Pick soxandgators

The Whitesox have spent a lot of time trying to not only figure out this game but build and stick with a vision. Having only a few needs to fill and happy to have any of those top 4 picks it is a good spot for them. With only 3 elite guys left to pick the Sox can go (C,CF,SP) here. And since outfield is a dime a dozen and being the 2nd worst owner in the dugot the pick is easy. The Whitesox choose
    ScreenHunter_94 Apr. 18 03.24.jpg

[​IMG]

6th Pick Timpegoose

The Braves one of the most successful teams in the dugout so far find themselves in a great spot to grow even more here. Braves made a nice trade getting 2 solid bats to put themselves in win now mode. One of the guys they sent to Toronto was what some considered a top 5 cather in this league. Was a risk that can now be rewarded having such a good draft spot. I think they fill that void and make this a win/win. The Braves choose
    ScreenHunter_95 Apr. 18 03.35.jpg

[​IMG]

7th Pick sawemoff

The Dodgers have another pick in the top 10 and make it pay off in my opinion. Addressing a position player in there first pick this is a great spot to nab a future Ace and then to follow this up with the BPA offers them good value. The last Ace that has elite ability, and can start in 2 seasons comes in with a price tag of only 5 million the Dodgers choose
    ScreenHunter_96 Apr. 18 03.43.jpg

[​IMG]

8th Pick JohnnyClutch

Marlins have set themselves up very nice so far.They are set at many positions with there only hole being at 1B. This year we have no elite 1B and he can trade for that later if needed. I would bulk up my staff and add a 3rd stud. The Marlins will need to wait to develop him for a few years but if he maximizes it will be worth it. The Marlins choose
    ScreenHunter_97 Apr. 18 03.51.jpg

[​IMG]

9th Pick Confucius Rex

The Athletics have a interesting spot here. Having the hard to find SS already and 2 very nice SP there is options. The best bat arguably in the draft can play one of the hardest positions to find a elite player(2B). And he also comes with multiple options as he plays 3 spots well(SS,3B,2B). The Athletics choose
    ScreenHunter_98 Apr. 18 03.58.jpg

[​IMG]

10th Pick HAL9100

Rockies have done well addressing there team so far and look to make it stronger here. If I was in his spot I would be looking to bolster the rotation here with a top 10 pick. There is a few options but I view this as the best one for them longterm and lowest risk. The Rockies choose
    ScreenHunter_99 Apr. 18 04.06.jpg

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 11
  2. soxandgators

Good luck to all this draft scout hard as this is just my view and might not be yours. Should be a fun draft as the next 20 picks in round 1 all have potential but are all evenly balanced talent wise.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'm a little scared of the first pick...I'm a talent killer.=(

4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

This is one of my favorite drafts talent wise in a while, I haven't scouted too deep but there are some flat out studs at the top. I think you nailed the top 3. sawemoff could go anywhere with his pick really. He'll have some high quality bats falling to him.

5. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Yea but I need to look at what my owner has given me to spend. I don't want to get das boot if I mess up again :(

6. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

It's usually $7.5M or so, and depending on if your owner is a dick or not and if you have the funds you can go over.

7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I have 9.375 mil to spend, same as last year but when I tried giving more it wouldn't let me. I also had a lot of money to spend.

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I think I know who I'm drafting....

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

do it!!!! kids a beast.

10. soxandgators

Dude you cant lose there is 6 picks you can make here and all are legit. It was just a tough spot for you since you had so many choices at 1

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Bet you my pick isn't one of those 6 hahahaha

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
  13. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Yep. Go for it :)

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Done

With the #1 pick (start the boos now) the Cubs select:

[​IMG]

NeuroticTruth is up.

15. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    There is an actual draft thread fyi :p.

16. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Well done soxandgators. Gives me something to read at work:)

17. soxandgators

Thank you appreciate that. The last few content pieces guys hated was a little nervous.

18. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

The broom thread is awesome

19. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Go Green! Go White! Don't tank job this guy

20. Confucius Rex

Confucius Rex Walk On

You were close soxandgator. That guy was my second. I picked Ortega because he has wicked good stats and great stamina. He could be turned into a starter. If he can't then that's not a problem because finding good relief pitching is impossible in this league.