2020 NL Central Preview

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by ty5oke, Apr 9, 2013.

1. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

2019 Final Standings:

NLCentral2019.PNG

[​IMG]
    2019 Record: 79 - 83
    Added: 3B Cory Spaangenberg, 2B Devyn Birch, SS Javier Quintero
    Lost: RF Lancie Jeffries, 1B Joe Bartlett, RF Gary Moore, OF Dayan Viciedo

All Stars: RP Rafeal Dolis, RP Eduardo Sanchez, OF Dayan Viciedo
    Awards: Hitter of the month ( Viciedo (APR), Sanchez (Jun) )

2019CardsLeaders.PNG

Outlook: ryty32 has the Cardinals coming off back-to-back losing seasons for the first time since the 94-95 campaigns. Unfortunately the cards didn't have much extra cash in the back this offseason to fix their needs. 1B Carlos Sanchez continues to be a force but a few high end signings/extensions in previous years haven't panned out like planned (Hendriks, Avilla, LoMo).

SP (D-): With Kyle "Thunder" Neman continuing to decline, the pitching staff looks like a real weakness
    RP (C): Dolis and Sanchez are strong at the end but not much leading up to them.
    Bats (C-): 1B Sanchez has been very productive over the past few years but not much to support him in the lineup. I like the addition of Spangenberg but the team is returning 3 players with 100 + K's and contact will be a problem.

Prediction: 68 - 94 4th Place

[​IMG]

2019Cubs.PNG

2019Cubs.PNG 2019Cubs.PNG

SP (D+): Nothing too exciting here. Bruno was a hot commodity not too long ago but his control issues seem to be holding him back. Losing Gonzalez will certainly show up here.

RP (D-): Wilhelmsen comes back for one more year, he's probably going to wish he didn't. The BP looks to be very weak outside of the Bartender.

Hittters (D): 31 year old Belnome is coming off a very good year but we will see without the protection of JP and Davis if he can continue that production.

Outlook: Shaun Mason is clearly building for the future with this offseason. Trading away most of his productive players for prospects and picking up low cost FA's to fill in the gaps. NL Central will look to feast on the cubbies all year.

Prediction: 52 - 110 5th Place

[​IMG]
    2019Reds.PNG 2019Reds.PNG

SP (B+): Losing Cueto hurts the rotation but picking up FA Greinke was a nice way to fill some of that void. Chapman remain continues to remain healthy and good, despite hacing the wrecked injury history. Appel has turned into a top 5 pitcher in the league and will continue to dominate. Would of given the SP atleast an (A-) if they hung on to Alex White. Whose filling in that spot?

RP (B): Love the addition of Walden as the CP to the team. Hard throwers Storen and Wallers setting up for Walden will make it tough for opponents to score late on the Reds.

Hitters (B): Very solid lineup with hitters who complement eachother very well. Waldrop and Greene lead the way, but Rule V pick up, Pak (Timpegoose) has shown to be a force vs RHP.

Outlook: goldenglove2 and the Reds have the most wins over the past 5 seasons in the Dugout. With a very solid team in 2020, I see them continuing to compete for a playoff spot. I think a big factor is if or maybe I should say when Chapman begins to break down as a SP.

Prediction: 94 - 58 2nd Place

PLACEHOLDER

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 7
  2. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

:watching:

PA hates the place holder posts.

3. goldenglove2

goldenglove2 Walk On

Great assessment of my team. Had I held onto White (added a good prospect, and another solid bullpen arm) I was really thinking about moving Aroldis Chapman to the pen this year. I don't know if he will be able to maintain the numbers he has put up the last several years. Once again, I am putting a lot of eggs in the pitching and defense basket. Billy Hamilton's return will be huge in the success of the Reds this year. I am hoping he can return at the level he was at pre-injury. Several of my top prospects are also inching closer and closer to the big leagues, which is a nice thing to see. Thanks for the write up. Very well done.

4. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Enjoy Greinke.. Was def overpaid last year.. Hopefully he does better for you!

5. goldenglove2

goldenglove2 Walk On

Had to spend the money somewhere and hoping for a bounce back. He has the talent for sure.

6. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

I gotcha.. I was thinking about resigning him but could not do it, even though my pitching staff will be suspect haha!!

7. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

[​IMG]
    2019Brew.PNG
    2019Brew.PNG
    2019Brew.PNG

SP (A-): Very strong up-top with Bradley and Hurlbut (Cy Young Winner), then throw in Nelson who had 155K's/29BB and Gallardo/Sillson to finish the rotation. 1-5 looks very good for the Brew Crew.

RP (B+): Rivera might be the best closer in the game and Tony Wright is a very nice set-up man. Middle relief looks a little shaky but with the rotation being as good as they are, I'm not sure they will be used too much.

Hitters (A): LF Jason Parrish came out with a bang in his first season, making the all-star game and taking home MVP/ROY honors for the season. Upton/Croom/Smith/Wunderlich also contribute to make this one of the best lineups in the NL.

Outcome: BigSmooth33 has the best team on paper if you ask me. While losing Houston Street to free agency may come back to bite the BrewCrew, I expect this team to continue where they left off last year and dominate the Central.

Prediction: 104 - 58 1st Place

[​IMG]
    2019Pirates.PNG 2019Pirates.PNG 2019Pirates.PNG 2019Pirates.PNG

SP (B-): Ivan Martinez is a STUD, the LHP sports a 93-95MPH FB with 67% GB rate. He will continue to dominate and looks to be a top 5 pitcher for many years to come. I really like the Mike Durham pick-up. Looks like he should eat up 220+ innings with the 9 stamina, good stuff and durable rating.

RP (C): Alburquerque was picked up in FA to be the stopper for the Buccos. He's a good arm but the walks can haunt him, so it will be exciting at least. Burnette is coming off a solid year, and some decent arms in the BP.

Hitters (B-): A couple of trades from last year turned out very well for the Pirates. Mahoney and Holmes both got on-base at a high clip and added + power to boot. 2B Brock Holt remains one of the top MI in the Dugout and youngsters, Martinez and Morales, look to improve upon 2019 performances.

Outlook: The Pirates may of over-achieved a little bit last year but it was nice to see the hard work PAgamer07 has put in pay off in a playoff appearance. Their very strong nucleus (Santiago and Ivan Martinez, Morales, and more along the way) should have the team fighting for playoff berths for many years to come. Just not this year.

Prediction: 84 - 78

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I think it's obvious I don't have the talent to win now, and the talent I DID have when I took over I mismanaged. Hopefully my leveraged buy on the future pays off later.

9. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Great job ty. Brewers are going to be tough again this year as will Cincinnati. I'm hoping your prediction for St Louis holds true as they have always been tough. And yeah.. The cubs are the cubs.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Great work and spot on about the cards. I have a lot of work to do.

11. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Great read.