2020 - Race for the AL Wild Card

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by Fmode11, May 7, 2013.

1. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG]
    8.11 WC.PNG
    AL Wild Card Standings
    (as of Aug 20th)
    Current ALDS Match-Ups
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]vs. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] vs. [​IMG]
    Will update this thread as the season continues. A few sims ago the AL WC slots were a forgone conclusion. Things have significantly tightened up​
    Figured we could use a thread to target crucial games, match-ups, wins, fails, etc down the stretch before heading over to OOTP '14.​

Last edited: May 8, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  2. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Should be a good finish for the wild card.. Thought I was out of it about 3 sims ago but now only two behind!! Good luck everyone!!

3. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

There's got to be some pretty shitty teams in the AL for me to be just 7 games out at this point myself included lol.

4. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Noone cares about the AL

• Like Like x 1
  5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

NL coming up

6. PAgamer07

Just giving shit. Ive been quiet lately.

7. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Only 20 games outta the Wild Card......Southside for life!

8. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

If I was in front of him in the standings in the AL I would be scared.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I'm in the NL and scared. That might break the file. The game wouldn't know what to do with itself.

10. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

I still think SEA/TOR will hang on but DET/NYY might slip into one of the spots.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

If DET pitching staff can hold it together for the stretch run the offense will give them a chance. We conclude a three game series w/BOS to start the sim tonight. DET & BOS split the first two games. The Tigers also play 3 game host to the poignant failure currently on-going in the south-side of Chicago, Seattle for 3 games (a sweep either way will have large implications in this WC race), and close with 2 games against the Royals.

DET hoping for a 6-3 sim.

12. PAgamer07

Seattle/Toronto/LA IMO. Cannot count out a team with Donahue

13. sonn

sonn Walk On

I don't have the offense to keep the spot. Playing about 3-4 scrubs right now.

14. PAgamer07

If you play the Orioles enough, you might. I would love to see a Toronto vs Baltimore playoff matchup

• Like Like x 1
  15. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

-70 run diff... although the Angels always seem to outplay that stat over the years.

16. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG]
    9.1 WC.PNG
    AL Wild Card Standings
    (as of Aug 31st)
    Current ALWC Match-Up
    [​IMG]vs. [​IMG]

No Change in the potential ALWC match-up after the last sim. The top of the board has tightened even more so now with LA, Boston and Detroit all within two games of the wild card positions. New York sits 4 games back but is still in the race.​
    Last Sim:
    Seattle helped their cause last sim with a 3 game sweep of Detroit. Toronto also helped themselves by taking 2/3 from Boston.​
    Upcoming Sim:
    LA hosts the #2 team in the AL , Houston, for 4 games. With a total of 11 games still left against top teams in the AL, LA's path to the WC looks to be one of the toughest of those teams still making the post-season push but they do control their own destiny.​
    Detroit travels to Toronto for a 3 game giving both teams an opportunity to set themselves apart. Detroit blew their chance last sim to put themselves on top by getting swept by Seattle. Also on the schedule this sim for Detroit includes #southsidechisucks and New York.​
    The Yanks could make some noise if they can get some wins against Detroit since they still have 6 games against Toronto before the end of the season.​
    The Red Sox split their two games with Baltimore to close the last sim out. Boston heads into this sim with 3 games against Toronto with top positioning at stake.​
    2 sims left with huge games to be played. Who can win under pressure and hold bragging rights into OOTP '14? I'm betting someone collapses... bad.​

Last edited: May 9, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  17. PAgamer07

Great work. But you know the two wildcard teams play each other in the Wildcard round before the ALDS right?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I have no clue how the 2013 (2 WC team) playoffs are set-up. I tried looking yesterday all over the internet for an answer but couldn't locate one. Thanks for the tip - I'll adjust accordingly.

Last edited: May 9, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  19. PAgamer07

Yep, they play each other and winner moves on to NLDS. Wildcard round winner vs best record, and then #2 vs #3

20. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Sad part about all this, at least making this thread a tad bit easier, is the fact that all the divisions are wrapped up for the most part. Although, Toronto is only 4 games back and is still within striking distance considering still have 3 h2h games left with Baltimore.

The AL Central and West are donzo :dead:

21. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Just so I am on the right page - Confirm September is condensed into two-24 sims? I had some roster movement to consider. Gracias

22. PAgamer07

Correct.

• Like Like x 1