2020 Spring Battles

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Jan 9, 2012.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Indiana Hoosiers 2020 Spring Battles

QB – Junior Jesse Carlson returns as the potential starter, but freshman Frank Townsend could potentially come in and start as a true freshman..

HB – Senior Lee Taylor returns to carry the load, with redshirt Junior Jeff Hunt also getting some carries. Redshirt sophomore Nate Sledge could also be in line for some carries.

WR – Redshirt Sophomore Brett Melton returns as the #1 WR for the Hoosiers, with Juco Erik Taylor joining him, a battle for the slot position between freshman Jon Chavez and Junior Larry Brown looms, with redshirt Junior Donald Anderson waiting in the wings…

TE – Dallas Smith and Terrence Curry will split the reps at tight end again this season … freshman Josh Finley will redshirt….

OL- The Hoosiers return 4 starters from an average line… sophomore center Anthony Lowery, left guard Dorian Wilson, right guard Jermaine Davis, right tackle Brian Coker left tackle is the spot that is available… could be filled by a 2 star freshman Courtney Richardson…

DL – The Hoosiers lose stud left end Ryan Allen, but Chris Sharp takes the left end mantle… at right end Jeremy Battle should be the starter… freshman Alfred Russell is huge (6’8 305 pounds) he will get to play especially in run packages and goalline sets, he should be a real problem for offensive lines to move. The Hoosiers defensive ends should be very stout… at defensive tackle Michael Everett should come in and start but freshmen Zac Dukes will see plenty of time, Russell could also see time at defensive tackle.…

OLB – Sophomore JJ Parker is the man out here, he has serious speed and playmaking ability…at ROLB, sophomore Nick Roberts, he might be the best linebacker on our team…

MLB – JD Thompson leaves which is a big blow…. He was the center of our defense… especially against the run.. the man to replace him…senior Hank House, House has the skillset to fill the void, the real drop off could occur with junior Derrick Anderson playing the other inside position… Anderson is stout against the run and good in zone coverage, but his lack of overall speed is concerning… Matt Whitmore could potentially step in and start over Anderson…

Secondary – Sophomore free safety Ryan Thomas is the real deal… almost 30 tackles, a couple of ints… and some bone jarring hits..at strong safety, Joel Bell is rock solid....... at corner senior Jake Johnson will start again, on the other side Andy McDonald is slated to start, with Ryan Johnson should be ready for an extended role in the slot... and freshman Lawrence Robinson could see some time in our dime packages……

• Like Like x 1
  2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    It's really hard to predict. I could have my entire team try to leave. In which case it will be pretty much a battle at every position. I'll follow up later when I have an idea of who is coming back.

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

for me, i think most of my guys are coming back, if they someone leaves i will update, but i dont have anyone going pro, and most of my guys are young in the system, so its pretty easy for me to forecast barr something really strange happening.....