2020 Worst Players by Position

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, Apr 19, 2013.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

There are an awful lot of scrubs playing in the big leagues. Even some legitimate prospects who have no reason to be there. Time to callout some guys for even playing these players...

[​IMG]

C Nick Noble (SD)- Sure this kid is making his major league debut this year, but I have no idea why he is there to begin with. He has never played above AA, and even then he only has 100 ABs. He is still very, very raw. Why a rebuilding club is rushing this guy I have no idea, but get him in AAA. He has a .529 OPS and -5.6 VORP. Come on NeuroticTruth

[​IMG]

1B Freddie Freeman (ATL)- After a breakthrough campaign in 2018, Freeman fell back to earth in 2019 putting up a sub .800 OPS. At 1B. And he doesnt even play good defense there! This year he is off to an awful start, and it may be time to cut the cord. His -9.2 VORP already is just killing this team in a bad division. Time to lose your loyalty here Timpegoose

[​IMG]

2B Javier Suarez (TB)- Suarez had a shitty year last year in Houston, putting up a VORP of .9 and a sub .700 OPS. So what does Tampa do? They sign him to a $5.5 million contract. This year is even worse as he is hitting .183/.258/.202 Horrible production at Middle Infield. Come on PepperNY Are you even playing?

[​IMG]

3B Tony Wolters (COL)- Wolters had some good seasons in Pittsburgh, and a solid season in Colorado last year. But I think his ship has set sail. Defensively, he is hanging in there. But his offense at the hot corner is putrid as he a .580 OPS and -3.8 VORP. Come on HAL9100 get with it!

[​IMG]

SS Heldar Velasquez (PIT)- I should have known better to sign this kid. He had a horrible -1.4 WAR year in Toronto last year which is even more of a hitter's park than PNC. Thankfully I didnt pay much. Defensively, he is playing well but a .178 OBP and a -9 OPS will not get it done. Yuck

[​IMG]

LF Brett Gardner (CLE)- How does this guy still have a job??? His VORP since 2014: 8.8, 6.0, 3.4, 0.6, -2.2, 4.5 and now this year, -7.5. JFace907 gets a free pass. This is the #teepeetankjob after all

[​IMG]

CF Kevin Kiermaier (TB)- Not happy with his .225 batting average and sub .700 OPS last year, the Rays want to see if he can improve. Or something. I could understand if he is in CF because he is awesome defensively, but nope. He sucks there too with a career EFF of .984. You guys are just handing ryalaman the division

[​IMG]

RF Jerry Sands (TEX)- Wait. What? Jerry Sands still has a job? After that trainwreck in Arizona last season, I am shocked. And with the Texas Rangers the team with the $146 million budget. How is this even possible? Defensively he is attrocius, but offensively his career triple slash is .234/.313/.411 Give me a freaking break DrunkenSoldier

[​IMG]

SP Chris Patterson (BAL)- Hahahaha. Hahahaha. Really? This is your 5th starter ryalaman ? Patterson has an impressive 2.86 WHIP and has given up 21 ER in 14 innings. He has just gotten the crap beat out of him. I can't laugh too much, because the Orioles are dominating. But still. Get rid of some of those 'specs and upgrade!

[​IMG]

MR Jacob Barnes (PHI)- Our last loser is the worst reliever in the league, Jacob Barnes. This is the #2 guy out of the Phillies pen and hitters love to see him trot onto the field. He hasn't been a good pitcher. Ever. And yet this is his 4th year in the league. -6.3 VORP this year and he has allowed 5 HR and 10 walks in 16 innings. What the hell made Masler sign this guy as a free agent no one but him knows. But come on man!

• Like Like x 12
  2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I just read the thread title and knew ole B.G. had to be on here. #TeePeeTankJob

• Like Like x 1
  3. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

lol, I didn't even know Brett Gardner was still in the league. I think I dumped him half a decade ago.

4. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    He's already been benched in favor of a 3B prospect stud, Marcos Pacheco. :)

Wolters definitely deserved to be on here though after his performance in April.

5. Confucius Rex

Confucius Rex Walk On

Another "worst of" list that the A's don't show up on. We're rocking right now.

6. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:

[​IMG]

Suck it.

• Like Like x 3
  7. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I'd say my success rate on judging the sucktitude was damn fine. Except noble

• Like Like x 1
  8. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

9. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    He's one of the best catchers in baseball this year tbqh. He leads all catchers in RBIs and is tied for 4th in HRs, among other categories.

10. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

This doesn't get old to me

11. sonn

sonn Walk On

Top 10 but I wouldn't go much further then that.

12. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I knew I'd have a few guys on this list, suprised its not more lol. Suarez has since come around and started playing better. Kiermaier has since been demoted to AAA and Rosso has been called up to take his place. I am still learning this game and I am sure its obvious I didnt have a damn clue as to what I was doing lol. I am starting to learn somewhat. Last 3 sims we are 19-10 so I am seeing improvement.