2021/2022 Offseason, etc

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, Jul 1, 2013.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

This will be the only tag you will get for the remainder of the offseason, so it is your responsibility to follow along with what is happening. Some of you are new to this process, so please ask questions.
    When tonight's file is up, we will be officially in the offseason. ETA around 10PM EST. But you will get the email.
    When in doubt check 1) Your manager's home page 2) In game email.
    Below is the offseason schedule, but at each step I will post what needs to happen during that step.
    2021/2022 Offseason Schedule

DO NOT MAKE FREE AGENT OFFERS UNTIL AFTER SIM #1

You are responsible for your roster and DFA. If you sign a guy and he times out, he gets dropped. OOTP now allows us to set the DFA time to 50 days so no excuses.
    You are responsible for making sure Rule 5 eligible players are protected. If somebody gets drafted "on accident" because he wasn't on the 40 man roster, too damn bad.

7/2 #1: Presim- import and Input award winners, input NBL Draft., sim to Rule 5 draft 12/1 Arby hearings complete . Options processed and Awards announced.- Free agents also file. When the file is up, you may protect your Rule 5 players. Free Agency opens.

7/3 #2: import and DO NOTHING. Rule 5 availables ABSOLUTELY FINALIZED - NO EXCEPTIONS. Create Rule 5 draft list in game.You MUST have room on your 40 man roster to draft anyone and cash on hand ($50K) for each player.

7/4 #3: Import. Complete Rule 5 draft in game. Sim to 12/16

7/5 #4 Sim to 1/1

7/6 #5: sim to 1/16. History updates

7/7 #6: sim until Pre-Season begins (early Feb).- Change your development budgets!!!- Edit Schedule. NBL and MLB Opening day 4/1. Change NBL Draft to 8/1

7/8 #7:end of free agency - sim until start of Spring Training. WATCH YOUR DFA!!!- PRESIM Make sure schedule starts on 4/1 . Make any changes to the settings!- CONFIRM ALL STAR GAME!!! REGNERATE SCHEDULE-

7/9 #8: turn off suspensions and sim entire Spring Training. Lower DFA to 22 days and waivers to 12 days at the end of the sim Then upload file.

7/10 #9: Opening Day Sim

League Changes:

Effective 7/15/13 The Dugout will be a premier league. There are several benefits to doing this. First, it helps the site. Right now The Dugout does not generate much revenue for TSO. In fact, considering our future plans, it's not cost effective at all. This league takes the most resources of any on the site, and yet right now we are not generating any revenue or traffic. In addition, we want to keep TSO thriving and create more opportunities for those of us who love OOTP.

Most of our communication is on Skype. Which I honestly would prefer we move more communication back to Tradition Sports. I am disappointed in the lack of discussion and content which we currently have in our league. Those of you who are currently very active, are only active off site. That needs to change. Especially since we will be a premier league. Content on the site contributes to discussion amongst all our members. Not just those in Skype at the certain time discussion is taking place, or those who do not utilize it. The forums do not alienate anyone. They increase our visibility from those who are not familiar with us by generating OOTP searches. Outside of convenience, there is really no benefit to Skype.

So outside of helping TSO, what does becoming a Premier League and keeping discussion on site do you may ask?

There are currently talks behind the scenes of making some significant changes to the way we do things. Right now, updating of reports and statslab is time consuming and Live sims have a tendency to crash the server. We want to fix these issues and Shaun and Drifter have a few ideas that we are discussing to alleviate these issues.

In addition, we would like to have a seperate chat within The Dugout forums. Similar to Skype, but for our league only and on site of course. This could be a seperate chat box, or an embedded chat link. Regardless, this requires you to be active and contribute here.

As is the case with all Premier Leagues, signatures with your logo will be allowed for the members. I want to do something special for these. With the amount of seasons we play and will play, some way of showing your championships, rings, or other awards would be an excellent addition to these templates. Something that really pops, and this is something that will be happening.

Finally... If this league shows the activity that it is capable of with a league of 42 GMs... A second OOTP League will be added to the site. This league will be run by someone TBD, but only our most active GMs will make the cut. It's not all about the wins. Setup and Start Date TBD. There will be some form of posting requirements to be a member, but the setup will be one of a kind.

In other news... I would like to welcome Roggie as the new Nippon Professional Baseball League commissioner. For those of you in the NBL. He will be your contact. With the expansion of The Dugout, this responsibility has become too much for me and I can barely keep up with who is what team. Roggie, will now be taking on the burden of the NBL. He will also be running some sims, and really just be a part of the commissioner team.

BigSmooth33 and ty5oke are now not only simmers, but have been promoted to assistant commissioners. Things have been a bit overwhelming, and only expect to be more so. They now join myself and Timpegoose and can handle any league related business (outside of the NBL).

I am hoping that when we hit step #6, I can get everyone on the same schedule so that everything is in synch. Regardless though... This year we will be doing the Rule 5 draft in game. After sim #2 is complete, you can enter your rule 5 lists in game. The NBL does not have a rule 5 draft.

I think that is everything... But if it's not... it's your responsibility to follow along :)

briosu99
    krtgolfing
    PepperNY
    ryalaman
    sonn
    Ken Welsch
    soxandgators
    Fmode11
    JFace907
    Brandon S.
    DrunkenSoldier
    Confucius Rex
    Dylema
    ty5oke
    Masler
    Timpegoose
    Drifterbub
    KnightNoles
    JohnnyClutch
    Shaun Mason
    PAgamer07
    Ryty
    goldenglove2
    BigSmooth33
    Colemanchu
    sawemoff
    HAL9100
    NeuroticTruth
    abolishthefed
    bawvu97

CWT 3000
    Bulldog
    kdpnutter
    Blaza
    I Peench
    smlVICTORIES53
    MartyWebb
    Hova
    redwings8831
    pitt4life21
    OMlawdog
    Roggie
    Philstyle3005
    Diddy81

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 16
  2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I would reiterate to what Jesse said by saying that we are still looking into the possibilities of what we can do. Some of the stuff, most notably the chatbox, can be really tricky.

We aren't promising anything at this point, but are having serious conversations about what we can do to make The Dugout even more awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  3. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

Does NBL have a rule 5?

4. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Can i still vote for award winners tonight?

5. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

If you read the 1st post at the bottom it says no rule 5 draft for NBL

• Like Like x 2
  6. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I am hoping that when we hit step #6, I can get everyone on the same schedule so that everything is in synch. Regardless though... This year we will be doing the Rule 5 draft in game. After sim #2 is complete, you can enter your rule 5 lists in game. The NBL does not have a rule 5 draft.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

o_O No.

8. PAgamer07

Yes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. PAgamer07

Yeah Like Drifter said, we can't promise anything. We want the best for everyone here. It's the largest league on the site and there is a lot of untapped potential. A legit ass league signature though, we will get figured out ;)

10. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Great stuff here. Hopefully we can bring some GMs out of the shadows

11. PAgamer07

Me too bro. That's one thing I really want is more shit to read at work. The chatbox bores me... I can only hear about Keller's mancrush on Shaun so much. Give me some content to read and/or argue about.

• Like Like x 1
  12. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I didn't see anything mentioned above but which sim do nippon guys sign their drafted players?

13. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    It'd start with the one after the draft is input. Or Sim #3.

14. PAgamer07

Whoever does tomorrow's sim will input the draft. And then you have a couple sims to sign them.

15. PAgamer07

Yeah, id definitely say until sim 3 at the latest. I wouldnt fuck around though with your 1st or 2nd rounders. Give them what they want

16. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Ok. Just wanted to make sure

• Like Like x 1
  17. Confucius Rex

Confucius Rex Walk On

We're going to be premier? Does that mean people are going to be paying attention to us? I'm not sure I can handle knowing that everyone knows how I'm incapable of having a winning season.

• Like Like x 3
  18. PAgamer07

File uploading. When complete we will be in offseason day 1

Day 1
    • As always check your managers home and in game email
    • Budgets for 2021 have been released
    • Arbitration is open. Those of you with financial troubles who are involved in a PM this is the time to cut arbitration elligible guys.
    • DO NOT OFFER FREE AGENTS UNTIL AFTER THIS SIM IS COMPLETE
    • Team options available! Please use your in game email system to decline or accept team options.
    • Free agents will file after advance.
    • Deadline to export is tomorrow at 8PM EST, we will then advance to day 2
    • WATCH YOUR DFA!!
    • ASK IN THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS!!

19. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Quick question - can I offer contract extensions?

20. PAgamer07

Yes. You just cant sign any free agents

• Like Like x 1
  21. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Not quite the same template as the other league signatures but I figured I'd have a go at making something.

• Like Like x 3
  22. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

23. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I like the Dugout logo. Is there a way to make the banner smaller, maybe more compact? Or maybe make it pennant style banner. Use stars to show the number of division champs, crown for League championships and the actual MLB trophy to designate WS wins.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  24. Dylema

Dylema Walk On

Possibly yeah or a smaller font for the numbers, and isn't the commissioners trophy the WS trophy? I used that for WS wins and the AL logo for winning the league pennant. Edit: Actually think I mis-read the intention of your post. You meant instead of having the numbers just have 1 WS trophy, 1 AL logo and 4 stars for the west wins.

Edit: A slightly more compact version of the Houston one. Leaves just enough room for the Dugout logo and the stadium shot.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  25. Confucius Rex

Confucius Rex Walk On

I'm sorry Dylema, but I think those look... not so good. However it gave me some inspiration.
    [​IMG]
    I only put a World Series there because saying you won the AL pennant the same year seems redundant. If someone has a pennant but not a World Series for that then I can put a ALCS/NLCS logo there instead. I couldn't figure out a good way to put in division wins though. Maybe someone can figure that out for me.
    Now the left field looks a little empty. I thought your use of the stadium of the team was a bit muddy, but it's actually quite good. It just needed better implementation which is why I did this.
    [​IMG]
    Or if you want one that reflects the city itself instead there's this.
    [​IMG]
    Now if you've failed to accomplish anything like me there are also alt logos which can disguise your shame.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1