2021 Spring Battles

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Feb 2, 2012.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Indiana Hoosiers 2021 Spring Battles
    QB – Senior Jesse Carlson and Senior Adam Blount make a decent position much stronger....Frank Townsend will redshirt and start as a redshirt sophomore.
    HB – Senior Jeff Hunt is the man, with a redshirt freshman Jeff Gray getting between 8 and 10 carries a game….. Tim Porter should receive some goalline carries…
    WR – Senior Erik Taylor returns as the #1 WR for the Hoosiers joining him, the battle for the #2 spot should be intriguing between Brett Melton, Donald Andersen and sophomore john Chavez…… a battle for the slot position senior Larry Brown and Senior Donald Anderson looms…..
    TE – Seniors Dallas Smith and Terrence Curry will split the reps at tight end again this season … freshman Josh Finley will be our 3rd tight and the potential starter….
    OL- The Hoosiers return 3 starters from an average line… Senior Left Tackle Anthony Lowery, left guard Fred Barrett, right guard Bryan Thurman, right tackle is up for grabs, the battle Sophomore Joey Dorsey and true freshman Jared Lee and Daniel Horton…and at center….redshirt junior George Denman is the man in the middle…
    DL – The Hoosiers lose their entire starting defensive line……Senior B.J. Spence will man one of the two defensive ends spots….. True freshmen John Poland and Adam Thomas will split reps at the other defensive end spot…. at defensive tackle , freshman Adam Thompson will get some snaps along with 6’8 305 Alfred Russell and Adam Smith could also see time at defensive tackle.…
    OLB – Junior JJ Parker is the man out here again, he has serious speed and playmaking ability he had 10 sacks last year, hoping he can get to at least 12 this year….at ROLB, senior transfer Brent Roth, will step in and start and should produce at a high level…
    MLB – Hank House leaves…. Outside backer Nick Roberts will slide inside, Roberts will define our defense this year, if he can flourish inside we can be solid, if not… we are terrible……On the other side, Mark Johnson is the heir apparent to Roberts seat… he has the speed and size… were hoping he can make the plays…. If Johnson doesn’t pan out, there are several options behind them that can play…
    Secondary – Sophomore free safety Ryan Thomas is the real deal… he will slide over to strong safety….. while junior transfer Zach Brown will come in and start at free safety…....... at corner senior Andy McDonald is slated to start, with redshirt freshman Lawrence Robertson will start on the other side…… Ryan Johnson will play in the slot... and Paul Bush will be dime package corner..…

2. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

That Free Safety Transfer is the real freaking deal.

3. JrRawlins

he will probably only stay one year..... 96 speed with his skills.....

Zach Brown
    FS | Hard Hitter
    BASE
    Speed 96 Strength 71
    Agility 73 Acceleration 92
    Jumping 71 Awareness 63
    Stamina 85 injury 90
    TACKLING
    Tackle 94 Hit Power 89
    Pursuit 89 Play Recognition 73
    COVERAGE
    Man Coverage 79 Zone Coverage 74
    Press 95
    RECEIVING
    Catching 72 Spectacular Catch 53
    Catch In Traffic 64 Route Running 64
    Release 64
    BLOCKING SHEDDING
    Power Moves 52 Finesse Moves 60
    Block Shedding 81

4. OMlawdog

Yeah, he is a beast. Are you going be rolling with him at FS? Could break some tackle records.

5. JrRawlins

i was thinking about it, but i might just let him do his thing.... i might not be able to do him justice..... he is a bit small, but he looks like a monster... i honestly dont know where to put him......

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I am going to have a log jam at QB with all the young guys. Soph to be Jax Henderson will be the favorite after getting some snaps this year in mop up time. Was lucky enough to sign the #1 and #2 QB this year, so they will definitely have a chance to come in and win some time. Hopefully I can do a more in-depth write-up later.

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Lucky my ass. It will be lucky if one transfers to Northwestern.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I'll have an interesting battle at QB as well. Powell was the starter this year and didn't perform too well, and I have a JUCO JR coming in with B+ Accuracy and Power. He may make a push for the starting job. WR will have some interesting battles as well, I could end up with a sophomore and freshman as my top 2 WRs.

9. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

10. JrRawlins

a sophomore and a freshman at WR is a good thing... they will grow together....

11. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

96 speed? You'll have 200 tackles with that fool, haha.

12. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Just have him hover around the middle of the field, he should be able to catch up with any deep ball thrown to his side, ha.

13. JrRawlins

i figure if i just let him do his thing..... he might get 80 by himself......

but like i said, he might stick around one year....

14. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

For sure, I'm excited for it. The one is playing as my #2 guy right now and has been solid. Just need a damn QB to throw them the ball. Have 3 freshman on the O-Line as well, so a lot of my offense will be growing together.

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Jax Henderson has become the favorite for the starting QB roll after his performances late in the season.

All I can say is that the PAC-12 better get used to this...

[​IMG]

16. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

You change his first name?

17. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I'm gonna have a huge Hb battle with BJ Martin coming back and then the two HBs I recruited. Along the defense my secondary is stacked with young talent, so I'm eager to see who gets the starting nods

18. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Cal Bears season 11 analysis and projected roster
    QB
    Thanks to some Big school a little north of us that got greedy we are stuck trying to make lemonade out of bananas. RS Jr Cory Jones starts the spring as the starter with Zach Wilson(Former Bears Starting QB younger brother) trying to make a case for himself. Being the brother of Brian doesn't really help him as coach BBJ was really happy when he graduated. Coach BBJ hopes that the recruiting class brings in a quality player to bounce these scrubs down the chart.

1.SR Cory Jones
    2.SO Zach Wilson
    3.Andrew Fitch-committed
    4.RJ Patterson-non committed
    5.FR Tyrone Douglas

HB
    I am going to have no stud upperclassman, but i will have 3 solid SR returning. Add to that Brian Simpson will get atleast a look as i can't RS him, but that may be a good thing as he is a 4.46 wrecking ball coming in at 255 lbs. I also have Steve Joesph coming in with 4.30 speed. look for alot of carries next year.

1.SR Marcus Collins
    2.Brian Simpson-committed
    3.SR Brandon Bell
    4.SR Larry Byrd
    5.JR Chris Gonzales
    6.FR Beau Thomas
    7.SO Scott Dunn-(-2)
    Steve Joesph(RS)-committed

FB
    1.JR Kevin Baker
    2.JR Darrell Smith

WR
    Hall and Scott look to move from 4 and 5 to 1 and 2 on the DC. Hall is your more prototypical wes welker type not very top speed fast but great acc and rte running. Scott gives you speed and good hands, but when given the choice of dropping it or taking a hit he will choose to drop it. Really looking to hit on the 3 wr recruits as besides hall and scot i got nothing.

1.SR Scott
    2.SR Hall
    3.Aaron Flanigan-committed
    4.Gerad Gaston-committed
    5.David Ward-committed
    6.FR Courtney Oliver
    7.FR Jon Scott
    8.FR Lawrence Byrd
    9.FR Lawrence Byrd

TE
    do you love crap well you will love Cal's TE then.

1.SR Mike Black
    2.SO Chris Brooks
    3.SR Anthony Griffith

T
    Not great but got youth and a little talent that will only get better.

1.SO Adrian Ferguson(LT)
    2.SO Landon Hollis(RT)
    3.SO James Coley(RT)
    4.JR Brett Byrd(LT)
    5.Stan Hooper-committed

G
    looks like the loser of the RT spot will get moved over for a season to the RG spot. LG is locked with one of the better lineman on the Line.

1.SR Bernard Mcbride(LG)
    2.JR Mike Ortiz(RG)
    3.FR Chad Dunn(LG)
    4.SO Mark Meade(RG)

C
    the best player on the line. need to find a backup real quick though.

1.SR Brian Hester

DE
    Right now i have 2 on the roster with 2 or 3 coming in from recruiting. As i get no sack from the RE spot i'll probably switch Caldwell to the LE spot to see if his skill set works over there better now that Garcia is gone.

1.JR Ben Caldwell
    2.SR Al Foster
    3.Anthony Hunter-committed
    4.Brandon Davis-committed

DT
    have solid depth. not great talent by numbers but the workmanlike mentality works as Daniels and Young combined for nearly 20 sacks.

1.SO Cory Daniels
    2.SR Anthony Young
    3.SO Martin Moore
    4.SO Victor Hughes
    5.JR William Robertson

OLB
    Super young and inexperienced.

1.FR Talib Galloway(R)
    2.SO Donte Pollock(L)
    3.JR Marlon Green(L)
    4.SO Eric Carter(L)
    5.FR Nate Andrews(L)

MLB
    Smith is a physical freak that needs to learn to tackle. Has great speed for the position and has shown glimpses now needs to put it together for his sr year.

1.SR P.J. Smith
    2.SO Anthony White
    3.SO Marcus Burns

CB
    Probably the weakest link on. the one thing this group has for them is height to matchup with some of these tall pac-12 wr. look for the 2 recruits to play early on.

1.SO Patrick Britt
    2.SO Josh Horton
    3.FR Pete Green
    4.FR Jordan Williams
    5.Jermaine Mcgill-committed
    6.Lorenzo Cutler-committed

S
    decent on the the backend of the secondary with Alexander returning. JR Blankenship will take on the FS role and hopefully get better as the season progresses.

1.SR Zach Alexander(SS)
    2.FR JR Blakenship(FS)
    3.JR Victor Bowling(SS)
    4.JR Jason Grant(SS)
    5.FR Brandon Koch(SS)
    6.SO Demetrius Cunningham(FS)
    7.Joe Denman(S)-committed

SPT
    K. SR Jeff Moss
    P. SR Mike Baker
    K. FR Donnie Harrison

• Like Like x 2
  19. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Nope. Just shortened Jacques into Jax.

20. OMlawdog

Just go ahead and change his name to the A&M's QB name that dominated the Big XII for 4 years. What was his name again?

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Kris Hughes. He is smaller than Hughes. Hughes was built like a RB.

22. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

[​IMG]