2022/2023 Offseason

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, Aug 11, 2013.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

This will be the only tag you will get for the remainder of the offseason, so it is your responsibility to follow along with what is happening. Some of you are new to this process, so please ask questions.

When in doubt check 1) Your manager's home page 2) In game email.

Below is the offseason schedule, but at each step I will post what needs to happen during that step.
    2022/2023 Offseason Schedule

DO NOT MAKE FREE AGENT OFFERS UNTIL AFTER SIM #1

You are responsible for your roster and DFA. If you sign a guy and he times out, he gets dropped. OOTP now allows us to set the DFA time to 50 days so no excuses.
    You are responsible for making sure Rule 5 eligible players are protected. If somebody gets drafted "on accident" because he wasn't on the 40 man roster, too damn bad.

7/2 #1: Presim- import and Input award winnerssim to Rule 5 draft 12/1 Arby hearings complete . Options processed and Awards announced.- Free agents also file. When the file is up, you may protect your Rule 5 players. Free Agency opens.

7/3 #2: import and DO NOTHING. Rule 5 availables ABSOLUTELY FINALIZED - NO EXCEPTIONS. Create Rule 5 draft list in game.You MUST have room on your 40 man roster to draft anyone and cash on hand ($50K) for each player.

7/4 #3: Import. Complete Rule 5 draft in game. Sim to 12/16

7/5 #4 Sim to 1/1

7/6 #5: sim to 1/16. History updates

7/7 #6: sim until Pre-Season begins (early Feb).- Change your development budgets!!!- Edit Schedule. Add 2 additional NBL Playoff Teams.

7/8 #7:end of free agency - sim until start of Spring Training. WATCH YOUR DFA!!!- PRESIM Make sure schedule starts on 4/1 . Make any changes to the settings!- CONFIRM ALL STAR GAME!!! REGNERATE SCHEDULE-

7/9 #8: turn off suspensions and sim entire Spring Training. Lower DFA to 22 days and waivers to 12 days at the end of the sim Then upload file.

7/10 #9: Opening Day Sim

League Rule Changes Effective immediately:

• The NBL Playoffs will expand to 4 teams. One wildcard in each league.
    • Team, vesting and Player Options are not allowed for this calendar year. We need to find a solution for how these will work. But since free agency will be beginning tomorrow... they are banned indefinitely

The Dugout

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  2. PAgamer07

Day 1
    • As always check your managers home and in game email
    • Budgets for 2023 have been released
    • Arbitration is open. Those of you with financial troubles who are involved in a PM this is the time to cut arbitration elligible guys.
    • DO NOT OFFER FREE AGENTS UNTIL AFTER THIS SIM IS COMPLETE
    • Team options available! Please use your in game email system to decline or accept team options.
    • Free agents will file after advance.
    • Deadline to export is tomorrow at 8PM EST, we will then advance to day 2
    • WATCH YOUR DFA!!
    • ASK IN THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS!!

3. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Dates are off in the first thread.

4. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Also, development budgets can be set at any time now. Noticed that part was missed when updating everything.

5. Confucius Rex

Confucius Rex Walk On

Man, I got to start shoving all these decent minor league outfielders somewhere. I don't have room for them all.

6. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Market size increases in Detroit. Not sure a large market can get bigger but I suppose it can. What effect does this have on my financials?

7. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

More media revenue.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

As for the financial issues in Boston a lot of players that were arbitration eligible were not tendered and are projected to be in the green with an okay amount to try and rebuild. Will put up a new trading block tomorrow.

Just so I'm cler when were talking about the DFA what seems to be the big issue with it? I never noticed a large issue in Nippon but we also had a lot smaller rosters and offline well never really did too many DFA unless I really wanted to get rid of them.

9. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

I dont know if im 100% with this one but i think the only thing to be careful of with the DFA is that you lose someone to rule 5 draft.

10. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Vulcan denied his option like expected... Paukovi landed as super 2.

Lets hope I can resign these guys.

11. PAgamer07

When you sign someone they are placed on dfa.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Why? You didn't even make it to the World Series even after winning all those regular season games.

13. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

F'n Armando Flores decides to lower his salary expectations on this sim and now isn't comp eligible :mad:.

Some nice vets are being let go by the Astros.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

giggity goo

15. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Trying to get a spreadsheet uploaded in my team news section. I posted the link but it won't me insert image/media with it. Can someone help me out?

16. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Same for the Marlins.

17. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Downside to 1 year rentals. When the have great years, i can't afford a multi-year deal. Bena, Yan, and others will hit the FA market :(

18. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

File > publish to web > start publishing > copy and paste the link in the forums > wallahhh spreadsheet.

19. KnightNoles

Bena is a smokescreen, how much I wanted him to produce in Washington and never did.. :(
    The Jake aka you know, must really help him.

20. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Juan Torres

21. KnightNoles

Let us not go there :(

22. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Yeah, he's had his best power numbers in Cleveland. Between Phillips and Price, i also just didn't have the roster space for Bena. Especially with Riley Brown out of options and a cheap emergency 1B/LF.

23. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Starting the sim now, gotta input awards then let my AOL internet upload the sim.

24. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Uploading.

25. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

AOL got a speed boost.