2022 NL East

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by KnightNoles, Jul 10, 2013.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1. Last seasons final thoughts and review

2. Roster loses

3. Roster additions

4. Offensive preview

5. Pitching preview

6. Rookie watch (rookies who have a legit shot at a major league debut this year)

7. Final predictions for your division top to bottom (wins)

Timpegoose
    JohnnyClutch
    Drifterbub
    Masler
    KnightNoles

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  2. KnightNoles

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Miami killed it, Phillies were a lot better then I expected them to be.
    Mets, Braves, Nationals all battled for #3 and on down.

2. Roster loses
    Stephen Strasburg (trade)

3. Roster additions
    Utility: Dan Davis (trade)
    SP Bud Norris (FA)

4. Offensive preview
    Not very good, should be close to last in runs scored.
    Had a decent spring, hopefully we continue that trend instead of reality.
    Harper will miss about the first month, lose some power in the lineup.
    Pretty ho hum.

5. Pitching preview
    #2 staff before trading Strasburg, I think we ended up being #3 or inside the top 5.
    I see us taking a little bit of a step back but should have two top 15 pitchers and an outside CY Young candidate in Cade Mack.
    Bullpen killed us in games last year, hopefully they will tighten up this year after the lull.

6. Rookie watch (rookies who have a legit shot at a major league debut this year)
    OF Alejandro Morales will be a rookie, not very good splits but should work well against RHP.

7. Final predictions for your division top to bottom (wins-loses) And playoff predictions for the dugout.
    Phillies 90 wins
    Marlins 86+ wins
    Braves 75+ wins
    Mets 73+ wins
    Nationals >70 wins

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  3. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

We were really bad. The Beetle injury really stunted his development, but he still might come in and be my #2 at some point. Our lone bright spot was Felipe "Whiskey" Ramirez coming up late in the year and pitching pretty well.

2. Roster loses

Romain Vignal, Danny Wood, and Freddie Freeman were all lost to free agency, but that left us with about $40M of cash to play with in free agency.

3. Roster additions

Even with all of the extra cash we didn't do a ton in FA. Our "big" addition was OF Alonso Casillas. Other than that just a lot of filler until we get some prospects called up in the next 3 years.

4. Offensive preview

Our offense is going to be god awful. We have nobody who will hit more than 20 HR, so it will revolve around small ball. Get on base, move the runners up, sac fly to knock them in. Clearly not the most efficient offense, but it's about the only way I'll score runs.

5. Pitching preview

Our pitching should be close to the top in the NL again this year. Teheran is the clear #1, but after that it's a couple of guys who are probably #3 caliber but have a good defense behind them. Cowie has pitched well the last couple of years, and Whiskey will look to build on his solid debut late last year. The bullpen will probably be average as always. We're lacking a true closer, but I like the parts we have in the 7th and 8th innings, for now at least.

Tyson "Beetle" Bland will likely make his ML debut in July to help us keep a team control a little bit longer. His debut could lead to Whiskey moving to the closer role depending on how things shake out.

7. Final predictions for your division top to bottom (wins-loses) And playoff predictions for the dugout.

Marlins 96-66
    Phillies 91-72
    Nats 79-83
    Braves 77-85
    Mets 70-92

• Like Like x 1
  4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:

We were bad. Lots of money hogs in starting roles and we didn't have the flexibility to do anything.

2. Roster loses

C Carlos Santana and CF Matt Den Dekker are gone and so are there 30M in cap. It's not like they were massively productive.

3. Roster additions

We didn't do much due to financial reasons, but added a cheap OF to help fill the lineup.

4. Offensive preview

We are going to have games where we score tons of runs and then games where we get shutout. Feast or famine. Soppit's rapid regression is puzzling and we are hoping he can take a leap.

5. Pitching preview

Brad Peacock returns in better shape when he left on a 10 month DL hiatus. Which is good news for the pitching staff that was stretched very thin last year.

Due to an unfortunate missed sim, my 1.5*/4.5* pitching prospect is locked in the majors and will make his debut. SS Larson could make his anticipated debut if we see just a little more out of him at AAA.

No idea. Mets aren't looking like contenders., though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Should have made the Wild Card game but the entire team blew their brains out in the second half of September, just one of those historic collapses, had the Wild Card game by 2 games and lost it by 5. It happens, on to next season.

2. Roster loses

Lost a couple minor league guys, no one I cried about. SP Zak "Sidee" Gordon will be traded to BAL later this season to complete our earlier trade.

3. Roster additions

Brought in RF Romain Vignal and MR (now SP) Joe Ross through Free Agency

4. Offensive preview

A lot of potential in the lineup, looking forward see if my Power makes an appearance this year. Don't only have Power either, a lot of players with good Gap ability and good Eyes.

5. Pitching preview

Looking to Wacha and Taylor to be the top of my rotation. Gonzalez will hold down the middle with Joe Ross and Jesse Biddle rounding it off at the backend.

2B of the Reading Phillies may have a shot if we need him, he is great defensively at this point but his batting ability is still questionable. SP Jeff Williams isn't quite ready yet though it does show 1 day of ML service, unknown why.

I think it will be a race between Philly and Miami again. No clear winner in my mind right now.

Phillies 90+ wins
    Marlins 90+ wins
    Braves 80 wins
    Nationals 75 wins
    Mets 70 wins

• Like Like x 1
  6. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

No wonder why the NL can't win a Championship, they have no idea how to evaluate talent.

Everyone picking the Phillies to win 90+ games is evidance enough

#8inArow

7. KnightNoles

LOL touche, I do think the Marlins will come out on top I kinda use reverse psyc in my posts :) I didn't think the Phils would be that good last year, so I took it another step higher

8. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

They do get to play me, nick, and drifter like 50 times. That's a solid 48 wins in itself.

9. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Hey JohnnyClutch hurry up and tell use how many games you're going to win the division by:p over/under 15?

10. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Whoops I missed this. Under 15, not even going to win division. Tanking to build farm up again. :woot:

11. KnightNoles

Tanking and still will win the division by 8 games... :meh:

Must be nice

12. JohnnyClutch

[​IMG]
    Won the division. Lost in the playoffs to the team who's coach was the simmer :cautious:. Anyway me and raj took a year off from going to the World Series to let other people get a taste of what it's like to be at the top, where the air is crisp.​
    2. Roster loses
    We let Allan Dykstra become a FA because we didn't want to pay him $11,000,000 a year. Also wanted to check out how the 1B prospects would do after having big seasons in AAA last year. ​
    3. Roster additions
    We added Freddie Freeman just because he was a former Brave. Already on waivers and DFA. Added Ogondo and another arm to hopefully improve on the worst pen I've had since being a coach.​
    4. Offensive preview
    Offense is basically the same 8 as last year. Hopefully a few guys numbers improve over what they were last season.​
    5. Pitching preview
    We had the #1 starting five last season. All of them will be back so we expect another stellar year from them. Hopefully the bullpen gets better and doesn't account for all the dang losses again this season.​
    SP Mark Kotc will be up in the bigs this season. 3B Paul "Prunes" Dyer made the opening day roster this year because of a great ST. LF Yi will serve as the backup OF.​
    Marlins 96-66​
    Phillies chicken and beer in september again​
    Mets somewhat amazing that they are better than the next two​
    Nats colors are red, just how they like to finish the season financially as well​
    Braves tomahawk arm chops in the air like you just don't care​

• Like Like x 2
  13. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Liam Hendricks may be following Freeman to waivers eventually.

14. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

I think Miami's level of talent and young talent has this division on lock for next 5 years.

15. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I think I'll give him a run in a year or 2. I like a lot of my pitchers coming up, and have a quality young bat or 2. Need to find a way to add a big lefty bat next offseason though.

16. KnightNoles

Where's that AL West blog that you should be attending to? :watching:

17. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

The Al West has been fairly boring the past 5 years :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. KnightNoles

I'm just lulling away the competition before I put my "better" lineup together on Thursday. :rolleyes:

19. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I have like 3 prospects I'm calling up around the all star break if all continues to go well. I don't plan on winning this year so might as well keep some more team control.

20. JohnnyClutch

Freeman has been released.

21. KnightNoles

[​IMG]
    As the calender rips off to September let us look back at our predictions and look at the standings. Unless one of the top teams gets on a roll, we won't see a 90+ game winner. It looks like only one team will represent the NL East this year in the playoffs as I don't think the runner up will be eyeing a WC spot with the way the Central competes.

@KnightNoles
    Phillies 90 wins
    Marlins 86+ wins
    Braves 75+ wins
    Mets 73+ wins
    Nationals >70 wins

@Timpegoose
    Marlins 96-66
    Phillies 91-72
    Nats 79-83
    Braves 77-85
    Mets 70-92

@Drifterbub
    No idea. Mets aren't looking like contenders., though.

@Masler
    Phillies 90+ wins
    Marlins 90+ wins
    Braves 80 wins
    Nationals 75 wins
    Mets 70 wins

@JohnnyClutch
    Marlins 96-66
    Phillies chicken and beer in september again
    Mets somewhat amazing that they are better than the next two
    Nats colors are red, just how they like to finish the season financially as well
    Braves tomahawk arm chops in the air like you just don't care

• Like Like x 2
  22. Masler

Masler Moderator

Mets are a huge surprise this year. Looks to be a dogfight down the stretch assuming my Phillies don't shit the bed again.

23. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

That 11 game losing streak to finish August hurt a little bit. Calling up SP prospect Cipriano Sandoval and probably a young bat or 2 to get their feet wet this September.

24. KnightNoles

[​IMG]
    Notes from the Nats

We will be rolling with players that are making money as of now. We won't be adding anything to the payroll and will keep all prospects down. Nats management will also be looking to make a trade before the fiscal year ends to stay out of the red even though we will make money this season.