2022 NL West

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by sawemoff, Jul 10, 2013.

1. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

We are all curious about what is now happening in Arizona so...
    1) Do the Diamondbacks continue their reign or do the San Fransico Giants over take them?

Lets get real the Dodgers and Padres have struggled. It doesn't matter what moves they make the win column just doesn't get better...
    2) Who has the better season, LA or San Diego?

Okay so we haven't mentioned the Colorado Rockies yet but who cares...
    3) Amirite? Kidding but will the Rockies hit the 80 win mark?

Enough of the shenanigans and get to the real questions...
    4) Matt Moore goes down but when he comes back what impact will he have, will he come back huge or just flounder into the ground?

With opening day upon us and the excitement of how every team has done...
    5) Who on your team is going to be the guy who has a 'break out' season?

And to have a second part to the above question...
    6) Who do you think will struggle or continue to struggle on your roster?

Last but not least...
    7) Let's see some predictions, who wins the West and could the winner make some noise in the playoffs?

Lets get it!
    Colemanchu NeuroticTruth abolishthefed HAL9100

• Like Like x 3
  2. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    I'm sure the Dodgers don't care about the Rockies, but that's only because they have more important things to care about...like getting a 2nd win. ;)

standings.png

1. It's not looking good for the D-Backs after Spring training and now the first sim, but they're still the odds on favorite, imo.

2. I think the Padres will. They improved a lot last year and look like they've improved even more this offseason...despite the 1-7 start.

3. I'm very curious to see how we do this year. We've been getting better every year since I took over. I think anywhere from 70 to 90 wins is possible.

4. It wasn't a very serious injury to Moore, I don't think. So I think he'll come back just fine and will help put Arizona back at the top of the division.

5. He played a little last year before getting injured, but I think this is Don McMillan's break out year. He was our 1st round pick just 2 seasons ago and is poised for a good year if he can stay healthy.

6. Luis Perez dropped off last year and he's already leading the NL in strike outs...it's not looking good for him.

7. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic and say:
    1. Arizona Diamondbacks
    2. Colorado Rockies
    3. San Francisco Giants
    4. San Diego Padres
    5. Los Angeles Dodgers
    I don't expect any of us to make any real noise in the postseason last year. Arizona has given some big shots at it the last few years, but failed to come through. They have to start dropping off eventually, right?

• Like Like x 2
  3. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

We are all curious about what is now happening in Arizona so...
    1) Do the Diamondbacks continue their reign or do the San Fransico Giants over take them?

The race will probably be determined by injuries. Specifically, starting pitching will need to stay healthy for either team to win the division. Colorado and San Diego have an opportunity to make some noise, if both teams falter.

Lets get real the Dodgers and Padres have struggled. It doesn't matter what moves they make the win column just doesn't get better...
    2) Who has the better season, LA or San Diego?

San Diego has made the most of their early draft picks and they are now hitting the majors. The Padres may have the best starting pitching in the division. Plus, they are all young players. If they can afford to keep all of them, this should be a solid group for years to come. Their final record will probably depend on how well their young hitters come along. They will probably finish 4th in the division this year, but the future is extremely bright.

The Dodgers made some moves in the offseason and the team should be better. But, everyone else in the division improved, so it may not be seen in their record. Their starting pitching is aging, so injuries could be a concern. On offense, their two best batters both play 1B and it doesn't look like either player is competent at another position. I see them taking 5th in the division again.

Okay so we haven't mentioned the Colorado Rockies yet but who cares...
    3) Amirite? Kidding but will the Rockies hit the 80 win mark?

80 wins is a good spot to start the over / under. They should win right around that mark. The hitting for the Rockies is outstanding and they should put up some insane run totals this year. However, their starting pitching may not be good enough this season to move into the top 2 in the division. Picking up Sale will help the staff, but he is 33 years old and may be an injury concern.

Enough of the shenanigans and get to the real questions...
    4) Matt Moore goes down but when he comes back what impact will he have, will he come back huge or just flounder into the ground?

Moore had a downtick in his stuff and movement recently and he may be starting the descent of his career, at almost 33 years old. However, Moore is still in the upper echelon of pitchers. He will have a positive impact when he returns.

With opening day upon us and the excitement of how every team has done...
    5) Who on your team is going to be the guy who has a 'break out' season?

We're looking for RF Zach Rigbye to have a huge season. Rigbye is entering his 2nd full season in the Giants lineup. Injuries took away 2 months of last season for him, but he still finished with 18 HR in 360 ABs and 149 OPS+.

And to have a second part to the above question...
    6) Who do you think will struggle or continue to struggle on your roster?

SP Jared Cosart has been trending downward in the past couple seasons and has pitched a ton of innings. It would not be a surprise to see him continue to slide.

Last but not least...
    7) Let's see some predictions, who wins the West and could the winner make some noise in the playoffs?

Arizona has won the division the past couple years and always seems to be snakebitten by late season injuries, which hurt their chances to win the series. Whichever team(s) come out of the division this season should have an opportunity to win the NL crown.

1. Arizona
    2. San Fran
    3. Colorado
    4. San Diego
    5. LA

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 2