2022 Team Previews

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, May 3, 2011.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Georgia Bulldogs 2021 Preview
    Offense

JJ Hill departure was a huge blow to the Bulldogs offense, but redshirt sophomore Jon Ransom takes the reigns..... The two headed monster of Avery Fox and Leon Jones will have to carry the load and as they go the offense will go. At wide receiver this season seniors Matt Payne,Bo Washington and DeMarcus Thompson will split plays at the starting Wr spots......At tight end sophomore Jake Grant takes over, Grant has the ability to really be a threat in the middle of the field.... Aaron Hollins is the backup and he has the size to be a real threat in the two tight end sets.....The Bulldogs offensive line is fairly talented… Senior David Barr is the leader, but juniors Billy Carpenter and Cameron Bowling are solid at guard....
    Defense

Defensively, The Bulldogs are led by Junior MLB Max Strickland, who has been ridiculous for the Bulldogs.......Freshman Thomas Gray, mans the other side of the middle for the Bulldogs.....On the outside, redshirt junior Rodney Smith and Redshirt sophomore Lance King, will start... King had a great year last year as a freshman.... Smith spent much of the year injured.....The Bulldogs dynamic junior duo of Josh Tyson and Brandon McDonald are splitting time at defensive tackle. Junior Danny Morris will get the start at defensive end... , The Bulldogs are hoping Morris can become effective as a pass rusher, he has the skills set to really put pressure on the QB….Sophomore Jeremy Allen will back up both positions....... while Senior Beau Burley, will start on the other side....….Juniorstrong safety Mark Collins leads the secondary.... sophomore Will Scott should be even more dominant than last year as he is fully adjusted to the defense...........at corner senior Josh Thompson will start but his health is clearly a question mark.....on the other side, junior Demarcus Jackson with get the starting nod, with senior Micheal Thompson playing in the slot....
    Summary
    The Bulldogs season should be dictated by the offense, the defense should be pretty stout all season bar injuries......Jon Ransom and Aaron Vogel are the most important players on the team right now.. they control the Bulldogs fate. Ransom has the skills to get the job done.... if he steps up in the clutch games, it could be a big season for the Bulldogs.....\

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Tennessee Volunteers 2021 Preview

Offense
    With a new quarterback for the 3rd time in three years, the Vols will continue to lean on the run game. With dynamic All-American DeMarcus Patton and lightning quick John Johnson toting the rock, the Vols should be able to gain some yards. Couple that with a senior fullback and all starters on the offensive line back and it is easy to see the strength of the offense.

Defense
    The Vols need to learn to plays some D. Last season they gave up over 5,000 yards. If it wasn't for a very large turnover margin and a prolific offense, the season would have been bad. The defense is lead by sophomore William Jones, who had 8 sack credited to him as a freshman (though he had at least 3 more that weren't recorded). Hopefully the secondary will be improved from last years dismal unit.

Special Teams
    Dingle. Huge Leg. That's all you need to know.

Summary
    Last year the Vols overachieved. This year the schedule is much tougher and a young quarterback is directing the offense. If I win 8 games it will be a good year.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 2021 Season Preview

OFFENSE
    The offseason was a trivial timeframe due to the fact at one point The Yellow Jackets would be losing both of their 2,000 yard rushers Keith Webb and Atari Pierce. Just before the draft, both declared they would be returning for their senior season. RB Keith Webb currently holds the career record for Georgia Tech with almost 5,000 yards rushing. Pierce has just over 3,000 yards rushing in his career. With this 1-2 punch returning it takes pressure off a very young QB in RSFR Rufus Jenkins. Rufus, once a 5 star QB shows promise to be the pocket passer this team has needed for so long. His WR core returns with JR Melvin Anderson and SO David Jones. Slot WR Tim Tyson will get some time in 3 WR sets. The entire Georgia Tech offensive line returns, anchored both tackles Craig Nugent and Shawn Johnson. Both has started since their freshmen year with incredible strength, poise, and abilities. The Ga Tech guards Eugene Dixon and Mark Coley are the most coveted positions as they are both very quick and have great abilities as they are on the move in the deceptive Ga Tech offense. True freshmen Brian Hood steps in after the departure of 4 year starter Rice, Hood a 5 star prospect, will more than likely be the Ga Tech FB for 4 years. The TE position is the only weakness with True Freshmen Nick Oliver getting the start.​

DEFENSE
    The Georgia Tech defense returns many playmakers, led by MLB Anthony Richards. The Yellow Jackets will be very strong up the middle with DT Eric Bratton clogging it up. At the DE positions are All Americans Mark Warren and Darrell Johnson. The Georgia Tech OLB's are young but return JR OLB Steve Mills and MLB Devin Townsend. OLB Brian Lawson will step in on and play all three LB positions with great speed and coverage abilities. The Georgia Tech secondary continues to be the weakness but is getting better as SR Donta Jones looks to anchor the core.​

SPECIAL TEAMS
    Kicker Rob Jones tips the scale in his senior season optimistic as one of the better kickers in the league. A converted QB in his FR year, has developed into a very powerful kicker. True Freshmen Punter Chris Hicks may get some time, but will more than likely RS to let Jones get all the kicks.​

OUTLOOK
    With a very tough schedule this season, with games against Boston College, Mississippi State, Georgia, Miami, and North Carolina, look for the Yellow Jackets to miss out on this years ACC matchup and finish with a 10-4 on the season.​

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I was going to write up a team preivew, but I lost my starting QB for the season in the 2nd quarter of the first game of the year. Last year I lost my best athlete WR Martin Bryant (96 OVR) in the first game for the entire season as well.

This sucks.

5. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

North Carolina

Offense
    We lost a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball last season, including our top 3 skill players. Our offensive line returns some talent though, with 3 starters over 80 overall. Anthony Silva showed glimpses of talent last season behind a struggling offensive line, and will look to thrive behind a much improved line this year. RS Soph QB Jeremy Henderson gets the nod over Senior Isaiah Carter as the starter due to his much higher accuracy. Carter makes plays with his legs, but lacks the accuracy that Henderson brings to the table. After losing All-ACC receiver James Lawrence our young receiving corps will be looking to leave their own legacy. Led by a pair of seniors in Travis Thomas and Ricky Harrell this years receivers could have another solid year and continue the trend of being the strongest unit on the team. Sophomores Matt Covington and Wesley Toth will compete with Freshman Aaron Blaylock for the 3, 4, and 5 receiver spots.

Defense
    The defense has been way behind the offense in terms of talent for my entire career here, and its looking to be the same this year. But, on the bright side we are starting only 1 senior on defense, so this should be a much improved unit next season. Through the first couple of games they have really struggled with tackling, but that should improve as the season goes on. We are really looking forward to seeing this defense evolve over the next couple of seasons.

Overall
    On paper this is the worst team I've had since the first season I took over, but the majority of starters are underclassmen, so there is a lot of room for improvement as we move into our last couple of seasons. I'm hoping to finish this season ranked in the top 25, and compete for the Coastal division title after a surprise win in a sim over GT.