2023 AL Central Preview

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by soxandgators, Aug 18, 2013.

1. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

[​IMG]
    We are onto the 2023 season. Lots of expectations in the league this year. We have a huge turnover in teams looking to rebuild so the dynamic is slowing changing here. Would like to say it is a pleasure to be in a division with a group of guys that treat this game with a high regard. Lets keep that going and start off with the first group content piece of the year. Going to keep it short but sweet and too the point. Again do as you wish as far as what you give us for your team preview.

Ken Welsch
    Fmode11
    JFace907
    Brandon S.

[​IMG]
    2023 Whitesox Preview

After a year winning 89 games and winning the division in 2021 the Sox came into 2022 stoked at the possibility of what could come. The holes we hid for the 2021 were exposed in 2022 and lead to a 73 win season and the 11th worst team in baseball. Suggesting #2024 would be the turn around leaves the Sox needing to do more this year in there first pressure spot in 11 seasons. So here is a look at the 2023 Sox

Starting Rotation

Marcus Romero...............Last year had a 3.99 era and added 5 more control
    Randall Walker................Last year had a 4.04 era and added 5 more control
    "3 Fingers" Yamaguchi.......Last year had a 4.26 era and lost 5 movement
    Juan Ramos....................Last year had a 4.86 era and gained 5 control
    Antonio Brugal.................Last year i had a 3.81 era in double A and has 50/60/50

I decided to improve the defense this off season and filled some big holes in the process. Looking to give my arms a chance to carry us this season. Will likely see improvement from my main 4 starters because of it and there natural progression. There is a possibility Hickey could get a call up with some polishing in double A but that is a long shot.

Bullpen

This group has been together the better part of 2 seasons now. No one has regressed and a few guys added some control. 2021 these guys were 1st and 2nd all year in the league. Last year was a big fall off that looks to be partly due to the defense. I expect a much stronger effort backing up a solid rotation. Early season confidence would be huge for a young group of starters and a veteran bullpen.

Starting Lineup

C Carlos Durango............2022 Rookie of the year putting up .279/30/80 2.4 war lost 5 contact
    1B Chang Hoon Park.........262/21/58 1.0 war in 110 games
    2B Melvin Hedgewood.......299/6/74 3.7 war +8.1 zr
    SS Woody Scarlett...........310/21/87 5.7 war 2.6 zr lost 5 contact
    3B Matt Bates..................65/65/60 prospect with a +9 zr glove at 3b in Double A
    LF Pablo Gamboa.............292/21/59 4.2 war +4.9 zr gained 5 contact
    CF Jack Stokes................173 ops+ guy in Double A solid speed 8 and a great glove and range 10
    RF Leon Rodriguez............257/24/56 in only 88 games last season 2.5 war and gained 5 eye
    DH David Allain.................285/26/77 2.5 war and lost 5 contact

The offense will be about league average this season. Didn't want to add big guns was more focused on defense this year. Expect around the same output for everyone except maybe Durango and Leon those guys just raked for playing as much as they did last season. Park wont give me more then 2 war but that is ok i expect a Campbell call up half way threw this season anyway.All in all i expect a .500 season since I am playing in the AL and this division gets better leaps and bounds the last 2 seasons as a whole.

Season Predictions

Whitesox....87-75
    Royals.......85-77
    Tigers........85-77
    Twins........81-81
    Indians......80-82

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

With such a tight division, why not start Campbell to begin the year?
    soxandgators

3. soxandgators

He isnt ready needs a tiny bit more polish. Cant risk him being stunted for a run at a playoff spot.

4. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

CHIsox worst to 1st again ?

5. soxandgators

Gotta slide in under the radar for now lol

6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

3 fingers fallin off fast

• Like Like x 2
  7. Brandon S.

[​IMG]

2023 Royals Preview

When i took over this shit hole of a team after poor drafting, not signing picks, terrible contracts, and just shitty decisions from the AI, i said we would always field a competitive squad and never tank. Well, that has held true thus far and in our 4th season under new management we finally won the division. After winning the AL Central in 2022, the Royals are hungry for more titles. We were swept in the playoffs by Houston, but we did put up a fight. Last year's squad was hindered by injuries, with over 50 mil on the DL at one point. The farm really showed off their potential as 4 rookie SP and a couple rookie OFs piggy backed this team into the playoffs. We were faced with a tough decision on what to do with everyone coming back from injury, and we decided to let them all go. KC is a very young team with a few veterans sprinkled in the mix to set the young guys straight. Ocampo, Clay and Harris are looking to carry this team to another title in 2023.

Starting Rotation

LHP Cody Kukuk - Our defense has been awful the past few seasons so KC said fuck it, more strikeouts = less opportunities for our defense to be so bad so we went out and got Kukuk.
    RHP Shawn "Reverend" Fitzgerald - This guy has the potential to be a stud. He struggled last season but his Stuff and movement improved so we'll see how he does this season
    LHP Tyler Anderson - Our former ace, this guy has been a great pitcher for us the past 2 seasons and carried our amateur staff last season
    RHP Jin Hwan Chu - The pride and joy of the KC farm. The 1st home grown pitcher in my farm system and he excelled last year.
    RHP Preston Taylor - This guy jumped on the scene and was a huge factor in making the playoffs.

Bullpen

We traded Street for Big Al and there isnt much of a difference between the 2 except 1 is paid 10 mil and the other is paid 5. We had guys like Wyatt and Spence come out of no where last year and pitched great. We lost Spence but we added Mauro Mendoza from the farm and former SP Michael Nash will spend time as MR until a SP gets hurt. Which will inevitably happen.

Starting Lineup

C - Andrew Brewster - This guy is a stud
    1B - Scotty Clay - One of the best hitters in the ML
    2B - Tom Harris - Another one of the best hitters in the ML
    SS - Alejandro Melendez - Has yet to live up to his potential but he blossomed last year with 40 doubles and a respectable .275+ BA
    3B - Ramon Ocampo - The brawn and power of this lineup.
    LF - Nathaniel Lewis - All star CF last year but was injured until playoffs last season. Hopefully he can stay healthy and repeat another All Star year.
    CF - Terry Ashe - KC needed another lefty gap hitter and Ashe fit all the necessities perfectly. Hopefully he will stay healthy and perform well. (Am i the only one that wants to refer to Terry Ashe as "She" instead of "he")
    RF - Soto / Lima - Spring training will decide who wins this spot, Lima has the upper hand since he is a Switch hitter, but Soto has played well in his time in KC.
    DH - This is still up for grabs, looking to make a trade to upgrade this spot but for now Gunnar Coleman will fill this void.

Season Predictions

Royals - 94-68
    DET - 91-71
    MIN - 84 - 78
    CLE - 75 - 87
    CHI - 74 - 88

I always gotta predict myself on top and it just wouldnt feel like the AL Central if soxandgators wasnt at the bottom !

• Like Like x 1
  8. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Brandon S.

How much did you get Anderson back for? I slept on him during the FA sim while going after others, looking back I wish I would of offered him.

That lineup is looking good, especially the IF.

9. Brandon S.

7 mil for 3 years. I never wanted him to hit FA but of course, i was fucked by sim 1.

The IF is the pride and joy of my team, they've been a strong suit for KC since ive taken over. This is Clay's 1st year playing in the dirt though, hes been a DH since ive taken over. If no one gets injured, this team can be scary. Maybe i'll even win a game in the playoffs !

10. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    If you even make the playoffs.

11. Brandon S.

You comin for me now because i said you wont make the playoffs ?

12. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    You saying I wont make the playoffs is no big revelation.

13. Brandon S.

Then dont come at me like i pissed in your cheerios ;)

14. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I guess I missed the memo that you were the only person in this league allowed to make generalized statements about a teams future. My mistake.

15. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Lot of time and effort into molding a team that still looks to be a #3 team at best in their division... and at what sacrifice?

16. Brandon S.

Are you referring to me or San Diego ?

17. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

A good manager can do a lot with a team. As evidenced by your -7 to your predicted record and Brandon's +3

• Like Like x 2
  18. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

SD

19. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I have just as many WS rings as you at this point, so who are you to judge how I run my franchise?

20. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  21. Brandon S.

[​IMG]

22. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Maybe no time or effort was used, who knows! I can't see your image btw, or any others posted for that matter. What is it?

23. soxandgators

Wrinkled ball sack gif

• Like Like x 1
  24. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Do ever read the shit you type before you post it?

25. soxandgators

Dont hate the player hate the game. Guys in this league need to take it easy in life. You guys are too damn serious. It was a simple guy joke (nothing to see here move on).