2024 Impact Prospects

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by kdpnutter, Sep 21, 2013.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Your top prospects in your organizations and where you expect them to make an impact this year, also if you have someone that is getting the call for MLB, that you want to already talk about. (y)

2. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Great thread idea for the off season will post after a shower

3. soxandgators

Proud of my guys being so young and showing such leadership bringing back the World Series title to the Southside. Having a active roster with a average age of 25.8 things are looking very bright going forward. Some big guns sitting in the minors waiting there turn.

Casillas is going to be the future 2B on the Southside. He looks like a September call up to me. No need to rush him up as Hedgwood has been a FA gem find for me.

Paez will be playing CF on the Southside soon. He also looks like a September call up. Also no need to rush him in as the CF platoon of Stokes/Bagdinha is holding it down just fine.

ScreenHunter_179 Sep. 22 00.45.jpg

ScreenHunter_180 Sep. 22 00.50.jpg

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

OF Senichi Iwata - 3.5/5*

He's got crazy wheels, a good eye, and great gap power. He looks like he could develop into a decent power hitter. If he gets his last bit of contact potential, he should become one of the best lead off hitters in the league.

CL Takanibu Nakashima - 1/4*
    He's got great stuff, with decent movement and control. He has a good fastball and a disgusting knuckle curve. He performed pretty well when I needed to call him up at the end of the season.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Fuck man. How many more 5* prospects do you have in the wings?! So project '23 turned out a success

6. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

When you have the #1 pick for 12 years straight, you're going to stockpile some guys !

• Like Like x 4
  7. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    MR Yoriyoshi Yoshioka (4/5*, 22 yrs old) Future stud starter, but right now only has 2 pitches developed. Should be my best arm out of the pen and will either be a setup man or the closer. Filled in well for injury last last couple weeks of the season.

1B Shigekazu Ikeda (1/3*, 21 yrs old) Mashed AAA hitting last year. Gave him a shot when a couple of injuries hit last year and played well in a platoon role. May not start the year in the NPB, but will find his way up at some point in at least a platoon role.

SP Toshiyuki Kamihara (1.5/2.5*, 24 yrs old) Looks to be my first guy to call up in case of injury next season. Prefer for him to get a role in the pen next year and be a spot starter.

2B Kazunari Matsubara (1.5/4*, 25 yrs old) Also was a late season call up due to injury. Great wheels and amazing defensively. Bat isn't great, but doesn't project to be. Should shore up 2B for me in either a platoon role with Miyata, who is fragile and 34 years old, or as a end of the batting order full-timer with his defensive ability and speed.

8. soxandgators

Not many more just a few guys. It was a season early #2024. Agreed (2) #1 picks and (3) # 2 picks in 12 drafts for sure goes a long way.

9. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Well you have also been trading your top prospects for other top prospects, regardless of where they were drafted the only reason you had those prospects was from those picks.

10. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Detroit Tigers

upload_2013-9-26_14-44-10.png

CF Eugene Bozeman (25 yrs old) - Came up and played 29 gms at the end of last season to get his dick wet. He came up and produced a solid .292/.355/.354. He has zero power to speak of but will be expected to be an OBP machine and get around the base pads with his legs. Great OF range but not a strong arm he will likely start next season at CF over CF Virgil Hilts who has been unproductive going on 3 years now. Bozeman will also be up for AL ROTY in '24. Bozeman has developed all his talent since being drafted in the 6th round out college in '21 yet is evaluated at "very low" in intelligence and work ethic.

upload_2013-9-26_14-44-58.png

SS Javier Martinez (22 yrd old) - Martinez got the call late last season due to infield injuries a little earlier than planned. Martinez held a +3.6 ZN rating at 2B where he filled in for 45 games for the Tigers. He has tremendous raw power and great speed (the future staple of the Tiger's organization) if he can develop to his full potential could be among the elite 2B/SS in the league. He was never able to get his bat going last year with an uncharacteristic .160 avg. If his eye doesn't get better he could compete for the swing and miss award next year as well (35% last year). Martinez was a late 2nd round pick in '19 and was named #25 prospect in baseball last year.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  11. soxandgators

What is the point of this ?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Cheese

• Like Like x 2
  13. soxandgators

Been a while since someone made me feel good about my team in here thanks.

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

ScreenHunter_76 Sep. 23 19.29.jpg

This kid may get a chance to platoon for us this year.

ScreenHunter_77 Sep. 23 19.30.jpg

If Galindo continues to develop he will work his way into the bullpen for us.

15. soxandgators

Yamada is gonna be a top 5 outfielder for sure...in all the dugout.

16. Confucius Rex

Confucius Rex Walk On

Alright, let's break down the rays of hope in the A's system.

[​IMG]
    Picked up Miner in the 2022 draft out of college and he's done pretty well done at the A and AA levels. I don't want to bring him up quite yet however. He clearly hasn't reached his potentials yet and I don't want him in the majors unprepared.

[​IMG]
    My desire is for Jordan to be a solid clean up hitter in Oakland for years to come. His ratings have been developing nicely, but his stats have yet to reflect that and that's making me rather nervous about his prospects.

[​IMG]
    One year ago Montgomery was just some minor league filler. Suddenly over the course of 2023 the game decided that he's going to be Goddamn brilliant. I already have Muñoz at second though so his promotion opportunities are a little limited right now.

17. soxandgators

Couple nice pieces here Confucius Rex good luck with them hope they pan out man.

18. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

murdock.JPG

Murdock had a cup of coffee in the bigs a year and a half ago, but didn't fare all that well. After some more seasoning in AA, his contact and eye have improved to the point where I think he can make an impact at the ML level. Worried about his health, but if he can stay on the field, he'll be the player I build my offense around.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  19. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I had a guy like this over the past 2 years who crept up out of nowhere to the top 3 in my organization. He broke his elbow towards the end of his AA season last year and retired for the game. This game can be cruel :dead: