2025 Media Days

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by KnightNoles, Nov 6, 2013.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

2025 Media Days

World Series History
    Denotes Winner

upload_2013-11-6_20-1-0.png

Another season has come to pass and we see another Baltimore Orioles championship, in the midst of a baseball dynasty. We also have seen another year in which the American League wins the World Series, will this be the year for the NL to break the streak, 10 straight years... go ahead and chalk it up to 11.

Baltimore will reload again to make another run at it, the Yankees and Blue Jays should be right there to push them along the way. The White Sox and Royals should duke the Central out while the As and Astros continue to run the West, the Mariners have been awfully quiet.

Atlanta is making a strong push to get back to where they were from 2012-2015 while this division can be won by just about any team. The Central has fluctuated from the Reds to the Brewers and the Pirates, and now the Cardinals come around to take control. While the West will be about the Diamondbacks and if the Rockies and Giants can have a good year while the Pads have become a little bit more respectable.

Team Questions:
    Recap last years team? Did you over-achieve or under-achieve?

Tell us a little about what changes happened in the offseason for your team? Who is gone and who are some of the new guys?

How do you think these changes should affect you this year?

Whose a breakout candidate for your team? Any impact prospects coming in this year?

League Questions:

With new playoff teams making it every year, who do you feel will be a surprise team in your league and make a playoff appearance who did not make it in 2024?

How competitive do you think your division is?

Predict the finish for the teams in your division?

Best Hitter and Pitcher in the division?

What do you feel is the toughest and easiest division in the league?

Pick your World Series (or NPBL Cup) Winner and why?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Fuck the Royals. Sorry Bondzai and Brandon S., was before your time. I'm still bitter about that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Team Questions:
    We just achieved. Winning the AL East and another World Series is what our goal was coming into the year. The playoffs were a rollercoaster, with us coming within 1 strike of being eliminated in Game 4 of the ALDS, coming back from 4 runs down to win game 7 of the ALCS, and then nearly blowing it in the World Series, but we're really happy with how everything turned out.

Tell us a little about what changes happened in the offseason for your team? Who is gone and who are some of the new guys?
    Gone are Kolten Wong and Clayton Connor. In to replace Wong is Huck Donahue, a superstar that we were very happy to sign this offseason. We'll play him at SS, and deal with his bad defense there in exchange for his bat in the leadoff spot and his close to .500 OBP. Replacing Connor is an in house solution, former AL ROY (with the Twins) Bartolo Gallo. He hit last year, and we hope he can continue to do it at a ML level this year. Also in is Aroldis Chapman, acquired in a trade from the San Diego Padres. Unfortunately, it seems like his arm has weakened in the month since he was acquired, and while we hope to use him as a starter still, it may not be possible.

Honestly, I think this team is better than it was last year. The addition of Huck makes this lineup very very good. Having a guy who can get on base like him in front of some of the boppers in the lineup behind him can only help the run production. The rotation is something of a question mark behind Gausman and Ogawa, but we hope some of the guys who stepped up last year can do it again.

Whose a breakout candidate for your team? Any impact prospects coming in this year?
    A breakout candidate may be SP Josh Fuller. He'll always walk his fair share of guys, but for the first time in his career he gave up a lot of gopher balls last season. I think he should be able to get that corrected, and I hope he can be our #3 and stabilize the rotation.

League Questions:
    With new playoff teams making it every year, who do you feel will be a surprise team in your league and make a playoff appearance who did not make it in 2024?
    Easy answer: Houston. A real surprise team may be Texas. They closed last season on fire if I remember correctly, and I think that team has the talent to maybe make a run.

I expect it to be the toughest division in baseball. The Orioles have been good for awhile, the Yankees made some improvements with their acquisition of Mark Appel, and Toronto was a playoff team last year. Tampa is also probably better than .500, but I don't know that they'll necessarily be a serious contender to get to October.

Orioles
    Toronto
    NYY
    Tampa
    Boston

Best Hitter: Dave Harris
    Best Pitcher: Kevin Gausman
    (homer alert)

Toughest: AL East
    Easiest: NL East

Arizona Diamondbacks. Because they're good at baseball. Yamada is one of my favorite players in the dugout.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    I would just like to thank you for not picking me again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

Team Questions:
    I was hoping for 84 wins so I came in right where I wanted.

Matthew Bass wanted 20 mil a year for 9 years so yah, fuck him. Cliff Hansen (thx Knowles) will take his spot. The rest are mid tier RP's and some new rookies (see below)

Probably looking at an 87-89 win season. Still not enough to make the playoffs.

David Taylor will announce his presence full time this year. He is a full time stud. Mike MacCollum will get the nod as my 5th starter and Eduardo Banda and Alexander Maehl aren't far behind.

League Questions:

I could say Houston as well but I will take a stab and say the Rockies. Unless they made it last year and I missed it and then whoops on me.

Brutal. Orioles will win it as they just got better with Huck. Blue Jays got Appel and the Yankees got some other good guys. To be the best, I got to beat the best. Good competition.

Orioles
    New York/Toronto/Tampa (throw a dart on this order)
    Boston

Best Hitter: Dave Harris
    Best Pitcher: David Taylor (watch out all. he is for real)

Toughest: AL East
    Easiest: AL West

Pick your World Series (or NPBL Cup) Winner and why?Baltimore. I will continue to pick them until someone knocks them out.

6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Team Questions:

Over-achieve. Had to move the whole team just to complete the damn tank.

Appel and Biggs are gone thru trades, along with Kelly. We added a few nice bats in LF Brown and C Baker.

Offense should improve, pitching could be even worse.

Hopefully 1B Larry Arrington, who we got through the Phillie trade. Hope he can give us some power.

League Questions:

Cubbiess!

hot trash, worse division in MLB

Cards
    Pirates
    Cubs
    Brewers
    Reds

SP Rivera

Rivers

AL East toughest
    NL Central WORST

Baltimore over Mets because Raj cheats

• Like Like x 1
  7. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Pick your World Series (or NPBL Cup) Winner and why?Baltimore. I will continue to pick them until someone knocks them out.[/quote]

You mean like i have 2 times the last 4 years ?

Sharkman37

8. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Sharkman37[/quote]

You mean the only 2 times I didn't win the World Series in the last 6 years?

9. sonn

sonn Walk On

No I didn't.

10. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Team Questions:
    -We were :doodie::doodie::doodie::doodie::doodie::doodie::doodie::doodie::doodie::doodie::doodie::doodie::doodie:

-We lost OF Josh Jones, MR Mike Range, SP Domingo Tapia, 3B Keon Barnum, and C Elijah Schmitz.
    -We signed MR Mike Range, and SP Sixto Bruno
    -Picked up 2B Juan Ruiz from Draft 5
    -Mike Range has had his ups and downs but he is loved locally and a decent arm in the pen. Sixto Bruno has been brought in to anchor our pitching staff this year. The one time Cub is trying to prove he still can be effective in the rotation. Only thing holding him will be walks with his control being at 40. If things get bad he will make his way to the bullpen. Lastly Juan Ruiz is not going to get much playing time but he will come in from time to time to run the bases. Defensively his is solid up the middle but with a little mentoring he could be a productive starter one day.

-Mike Range and Juan Ruiz will not have much of an affect on the team. Sixto might but is high unlikely.

-SP Ken Endacott should break through after one year of professional ball. His is out #1 so hopefully he can go out their and be a shut down type player. Prospect wise we have 2B Felipe Aguirre. He will see more play time than most other bench players but like Bruno we do not know what to expect.

League Questions:
    -Rockies, they started on fire but eventually the injuries were too much. If they can stay healthy they could make the playoffs with that roster.

-Each year is different. One year it is competitive and the next it is not. I will take the middle ground this year.

-Arizona is back on top
    -San Fransico
    -Rockies
    -San Diego
    -Los Angeles

-Pitcher: SP Carter Hamilton
    -Hitter: C Marcos Flores

-AL East

-Baltimore Orioles and just because.

11. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

He was almost right. You got Walker. I have no idea how he signed with you over me. I offered him 30mil / 3yrs. I will forever be pissed at that.

12. Sharkman37

Sharkman37 Walk On

Sharkman37[/quote]

Um, if you look at the top of this post there is a whole lot of Orioles winning the WS the last few years. Until they don't, I am picking them.

And sorry Sonn, that is what I get for doing this on work time. I knew you got someone big and thought it was Appel. Regardless, you will still kick my ass this year

13. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Team Questions:

Last years team over achieved in my eyes, the starting rotation and bullpen was makeshift and not very good but our offense performed as expected. Of course missing the playoffs means under achieving but i didnt have much time to work with the team.

Holt is gone at 2B , Castro is gone, and that Rios dude with the 30mil contract is gone too. We added Tommy Morris, Mark Appel, Brule takes over at Catcher, Richard Moore takes over at 2B, and Brooks takes over in LF.

I think that the team will be much better defensively which will benefit our bullpen and starting rotation while maintaining a strong offense that the Yankees have had for some time now.

SP Scott Lamach, 2B Richard Moore isnt quite ready to be a breakout guy in my opinion but James Hill is a guy to watch as well. He can hit the ball far and is a lefty. He had about 30 HR last season but i expect more from him this year.

League Questions:

I dont think there will be a surprise team. Seems like BAL TOR NYY MIN CHI OAK and HOU are the ones fighting for a playoff spot again.

I think it is the best division in baseball.

NYY
    BAL
    TOR
    TB
    BOS

Clayton Kershaw and Dave Harris

AL East is toughest, NL East is easiest.

Yankees. Because fuck the Orioles.

14. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

[​IMG]

Team Questions:

Recap last years team? Did you over-achieve or under-achieve? Last season started off like all the rest recently, losing, losing and more losing. But something changed in early August, things started to click. Hopefully its a sign for things to come, as the Rangers would come home strong and finish the season 6 games over .500 and put together the first winnning season in a long time.

Tell us a little about what changes happened in the offseason for your team? Who is gone and who are some of the new guys? Added one big bat in the outfield Chris Hawkins, and some depth players other then that its just letting the young guys develop.

How do you think these changes should affect you this year? Im hoping for a little more run support

Whose a breakout candidate for your team? Any impact prospects coming in this year? Im looking for Juan Juarez to have a big season, its his second full year and he's progressing nicely so were hoping for big things from him.

League Questions:
    With new playoff teams making it every year, who do you feel will be a surprise team in your league and make a playoff appearance who did not make it in 2024? My Texas Rangers! I think we finally got horses to run with the big boys!

How competitive do you think your division is? I think it's really good with Houston and Oakland having very good squads, either could make the playoffs

Predict the finish for the teams in your division? Texas - Oakland - Houston - Seattle - Los Angeles

Best Hitter and Pitcher in the division? SP Mal Krause - Probably still pablo sandoval as a hitter

What do you feel is the toughest and easiest division in the league? AL East and NL Central

Pick your World Series (or NPBL Cup) Winner and why? Chicago Whitesox just feel them and Baltimore are really good and im sick of Baltimore winning every year

15. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Late to the party I know...

Last year I actually think we finished about where I thought we would after the great fire sale. Not much good to come of the whole season really other than making some key moves to fill up the minor leagues. Brought in Chuck merr, Sleepy Vazquez, Andy Hornby, Ricardo Rivera, Gonzalo Diaz, Tommy Mcclure, and Miguel Sanchez in hopes of retooling for the future.

Not much at all... Signed Manuel Fernandez as a stop gap for the starting rotation. Didn't lose anyone. The best closer in the history of The Dugout, Jorge Rivera returns from a season off rehabbing an injury.

Making their major league debuts this year, Miguel Sanchez at short and Chuck merr at 2nd, hope to create a solid middle infield for years to come. Slugging catcher Ron Burke figures to eventually dethrone the popular Kevan Smith.

We're just hoping to be competitive. Really like our defense and think our pitching will be vastly underrated. Offense has been tough to come by so far. Shirai Sana is severely disappointing

2B Chuck merr. Like his bat and defense. Prospects will be all over... Already mentioned merr, Sanchez, Burke, and that should about do it for this season.

League Questions:
    Texas

Pretty competitive really... Even though we've recently been at the top of the division, everyone has had their chance at the top.

Pittsburgh
    St. Louis
    Milwaukee
    Chicago
    Cincinnati

Santiago Martinez
    Homer pick... Jorge Rivera

Toughest - AL East
    Easiest - NL East

World Series - Texas over Arizona. Why? Well because fuck Raj, and I just have a feeling Texas has something rolling down there in Arlington.

16. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Team Questions:
    Recap last years team? Did you over-achieve or under-achieve? I think we ended up right about where we should of been. We were looking good for another AL West division crown but had a horrible September and lost the West in the last weekend vs Oakland. Overall, I think most of my hitters under-achieved (Romo,Garcia.Morris, etc..) where my pitchers almost all over-achieved (Luis Rod, Almonte, Perez, etc...)

Tell us a little about what changes happened in the offseason for your team? Who is gone and who are some of the new guys? We let some of the vets walk this past year (Fred Scott - 2.7 WAR, Wilmer Almonte 3+ WAR, Tommy Morris), picked up a cheap LH starter in Capucho who is now out for the year, added Zych back to the team as the closer and had a late addition in Herb Townsley to fill in Fred Scott's old spot. The youth movement is still in progress (top prospect Kingwell will play full time this year, and hopefully Romo can improve and Garcia can come back from his torn ACL)

How do you think these changes should affect you this year? If the young guys step up, I think we can be just as good as last year. I need Gilberto Gonzalez to become a solid #1 for me.

Whose a breakout candidate for your team? Any impact prospects coming in this year? Considering Frazier leads the AL in HR/RBI, I would cheat and say him. If it was earlier in the year I would pick Emilio Romo to break out. Kingwell is my highest prospect and should be impactful (Great range in CF and a solid bat)

League Questions:
    With new playoff teams making it every year, who do you feel will be a surprise team in your league and make a playoff appearance who did not make it in 2024? Texas or Seattle. Seattle has amassed some great young talent but might need another year.

How competitive do you think your division is? We are much more competitive than we were 3 or 4 years ago. My reign finally came to an end last year, Texas/Oakland look like they can compete this year for the West, M's are on their way and then we have the Angels ( I have no idea what they are doing)

Predict the finish for the teams in your division? Houston-Texas-Oakland-M's-Angels

Best Hitter and Pitcher in the division? SP Roberto Gabriel - 3B Pablo Sandoval

What do you feel is the toughest and easiest division in the league? AL East and NL East

Pick your World Series (or NPBL Cup) Winner and why? White Sox, best team on paper

• Like Like x 1