2026 Top Nippon Prospects

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by Roggie, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I started off wanting to make this thread for Japanese prospects only, but one guy had to be put on this list who wasn't. This list will have players who are in their first season in NPB or still in AAA. This list does not include any players in the current draft. (Also, I can't do baseball cards for those who have never played in the majors)

1. [​IMG] Sandman is going to be a monster. Great contact and power, along with speed and fantastic defensive ability at multiple positions. Not sure why he's in the majors already, as a couple of AAA seasons would benefit him (plus the chance to have a better foreigner for those years), but if he even comes close to his potential, he's a stud just waiting to move to MLB.

2. [​IMG] SP Naganori 'Top Dog' Sakei - Yomiuri: Top Dog has all the tools to possibly be the best pitcher in the league in a few years. 3 ridiculous pitches, a ton of stuff and control, with very good movement, along with insane stamina and throwing the ball 96-98. He is a little fragile, but if he stays healthy, he will be dominant.

3. [​IMG] Used as an injury call up last season, Yamauchi struggled in the NPB. But his potential is through the roof. Solid contact with plus power and discipline, along with decent speed and defense. Good Japanese third baseman are even rarer than good Japanese catchers, which bumps up his value. I'd be surprised if he isn't in the MLB in 8 years.

4. [​IMG] Nakai got his first taste of NPB last week, and struggled in his first couple of outings. He is back in AAA to continue work as a starting pitcher after another major injury to a Yokohama starter. Nakai already has one of the best changeups in the world to go with 3 other average pitches, but needs to work a little bit on his control before he can make a true impact.

5. [​IMG]Hisashi 'Biceps' Abe - Yomiuri: Biceps is a fantastic contact hitter with a little pop in his bat. The rare good right-handed hitting outfielder, Biceps looks to be a leadoff man in Japan for years with a shot at filling that role in the MLB someday. He could use a little work right now defensively, but his ability to put the ball in play and with the speed he has, he should be a stud.

6. [​IMG] U has tremendous speed. There may be nobody faster in the world on the baseball diamond. 77 games into the AAA season, U has 39 steals and has only been caught 3 times. But his game is more than pure speed. He projects to be an above average contact bat with good power, and is a pretty solid defender.

7. [​IMG] Miyazaki's game is power, power, and more power. TREMENDOUS power potential for this shortstop. Not a good contact bat at all, which hurts his ranking, but he is an above average defender with above average speed and a great sense of when to steal a base. He can also lay down a bunt better than most power hitters.

8. [​IMG] Boo Boo just made his first NPB start, and was hit pretty hard, but he has the looks of a future ace. Throwing 95-97 with high stamina, he should become a stud. Would be higher on this list, but his development has been extremely slow, with barely any progression since being drafted two seasons ago.

9. [​IMG] Fujihara has the makings of a future stud at the top of a rotation. Has the ability to be higher up on this list, and has more talent than Nakai, but the lower speed on his pitches and his low stamina bumps him down. Fujihara does have outstanding control to go with plus movement and good stuff, and 4 pitches that are all above average.

10. [​IMG] I may be a little biased on this one, but Takeuchi has shown insane development over the past season, surpassing initial scouting judgments in every category. An above average bat for contact and driving the ball into the gap, along with a knack for drawing walks and avoiding strikeouts, Takeuchi has a shot to be a stud, especially if he keeps surpassing scouts' expectations. Also a defensive stud who can play 2nd outstanding and shortstop better than most.

Just missed: Naizen 'Hot Rod' Ozawa - Seibu, Tobei 'Mr. November' Ishikawa - Tokyo, Shunsho Harada - Fukuoka, Shotaro Iwasaki - Hiroshima

Complaints? Somebody get left off? Let's hear it in the responses.

HarkTheSound
    Wick36
    redwings8831
    fuzzyl0gic
    pitt4life21
    OMlawdog
    electrickeeper
    Danthraxxx
    JohnnyClutch
    krtgolfing
    NeuroticTruth

• Like Like x 4
  2. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Good write up.

There are a lot of guys on my team that are young and not fully developed and playing. I would of kept a lot of them in AAA still but they've either played in a previous season or two. I put Rin back in AAA in hopes he develops more and his arm doesn't fall off after playing in the bigs in 2024 and 2025 which was right after leaving high school in 2023. 2B Sosa Sato would probably see more time in AAA if he could, as well as P Kato, RF Ando and some others.

3. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Don't sleep on Tobei ishikawa; He is a monster defensive catcher to go along with monster power - he will most likely be on the big league team next year.

4. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Only reason I didn't put him in is that I really don't like 45 contact guys.

5. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I hear ya, hopefully his 60/70 Power will help

6. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Nice work Roggie

I would think a guy nicknamed "Biceps" would be all about power..

7. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    You'd think so. But then again, there is a Japanese prospect nicknamed "The Cuban Tank" so I have no hope in nicknames making sense. Lol

• Like Like x 1