2027/2028 Offseason

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by NeuroticTruth, Feb 20, 2014.

1. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    The Dugout

Congrats to the Tampa Bay Rays on extending the AL dominance with the franchises first World Series victory. That being said, the offseason is now upon us.

Exports are excused during the offseason.

This will be the only tag you will get for the remainder of the offseason, so it is your responsibility to follow along with what is happening. Please feel free to ask questions if you're unsure about anything.

When in doubt check 1) Your manager's home page 2) In game email.

2027/2028 Offseason Schedule

DO NOT MAKE FREE AGENT OFFERS UNTIL AFTER SIM #1

You are responsible for your roster and DFA. If you sign a guy and he times out, he gets dropped. OOTP now allows us to set the DFA time to 50 days so no excuses.
    You are responsible for making sure Rule 5 eligible players are protected. If somebody gets drafted "on accident" because he wasn't on the 40 man roster, too damn bad.

#1: Presim- import and Input award winners, sim to Rule 5 draft 12/1 Arby hearings complete. Options processed and Awards announced. Free agents also file. When the file is up, you may protect your Rule 5 players. Free Agency opens.

#2: Import and DO NOTHING. Rule 5 availables ABSOLUTELY FINALIZED - NO EXCEPTIONS. Create Rule 5 draft list in game. You MUST have room on your 40 man roster to draft anyone and cash on hand ($50K) for each player.

#3: Import. Complete Rule 5 draft in game. Sim to 12/16.

#4 Sim to 1/1.

#5: Sim to 1/16. History updates.

#6: Sim until Pre-Season begins (early Feb). Edit Schedule.

#7: End of Free Agency - sim until start of Spring Training. WATCH YOUR DFA!!!- PRESIM Make sure schedule starts on 4/1 . Make any changes to the settings!- CONFIRM ALL STAR GAME!!! REGNERATE SCHEDULE.

#8: Turn off suspensions and sim entire Spring Training. Lower DFA to 22 days and waivers to 12 days at the end of the sim Then upload file.

#9: Opening Day Sim.

Reminders

Teams that lost money last season:

Teams in danger of the 5 year rule:
    • Boston Red Sox - kdpnutter - Needs a 81-81, or better, record in 2028.
    • Detroit Tigers - Fmode11 - Needs a 77-87, or better, record in 2028.
    • Philadelphia Phillies - Masler - Needs a 81-81, or better, record in 2028.
    • Colorado Rockies - HAL9100 - Needs a 81-81, or better, record in 2028.

Don't forget development budgets may now be updated at any time during the offseason.

Do Not forget about contract rules in the league description. Team, Player and Vesting options are BANNED!!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  2. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    #1: Presim- import and Input award winners, sim to Rule 5 draft 12/1 Arby hearings complete. Options processed and Awards announced. Free agents also file. When the file is up, you may protect your Rule 5 players. Free Agency opens.
    Next advance is Friday at 9PM EST.

Sim 1: Long story short, what needs to be done by tomorrow - Process your arbitration eligible players and any legacy players that still have options in their contracts. AFTER this sim awards will be announced and teams will be able to start offering FA contracts.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  3. Ken Welsch

Ken Welsch BTFD!

Can I request that we look at one, very small adjustment to the offseason M.O.? Right now, the last sim of the offseason goes right up to Opening Day. The problem with this is that most teams have around 40 players on their roster from spring training, and this ends up simming to the beginning of the season, giving players who don't make the team 1 day of major league service. That's not a big deal, but it also has the effect of every player that goes to spring training gets a major league contract, which affects finances as well as controllability of players. It's not like a half million here and there makes a huge difference but there's no sense in giving players major league deals if they're not gonna make the big club or are on the 40-man to protect them from Rule 5.

Can we look into simming to a day past the completion of spring training instead? This would solve these issues (I think).

• Like Like x 1
  4. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Imo, thats sorta the point here. Doing it this way limits the risk from loading up your 40 man roster. Rarely do I ever go into ST with more than 31-33 players on my roster. Thats part of the strategy imo to have to watch what you do with your rosters.

Regardless, thats just my opinion and we can surely discuss this.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

File take long to download again for anyone else?

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

7. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

I assume you guys are worried about the option year lost and not the 1 day of ML service?

If that is the case then it works as it should:
    • If a player is on the 40-man roster in spring training but optioned to the minors before the season begins, an option is used.

The only issue with the game is that it automatically calls everyone on the 40 man roster to the ST camp, where in reality you may not want to call someone to waste their option.

Also anyone on the 40-man roster will get a Major League contract.

ryalaman correct me if I'm wrong

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I don't think everyone on the 40-man gets a ML contract. Just those who actually are in the majors.

9. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Count all the players on your salary obligation page and check their contract information for the one's not at the ML club.

10. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I have guys on there not on my 40 getting paid and guys on it on MLCs.

11. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

I don't see any but I did find a guy from "San Marino", that's impressive.

12. Ken Welsch

Ken Welsch BTFD!

You're right, because at the end of the last league season, they were not on the major league roster so were given MLCs. If they go through spring training under the status quo, they will gain 1 day of major league service and every one on the major league roster at the beginning of ST will automatically get a major league contract.

Just doesn't seem to make sense not to give us a chance to make cuts before the real season begins.

13. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I dont understand the request here. To be called up for Spring Training, you have to be on the 40 man roster. Anyone on the 40 man roster gets a MLC. If you dont want someone to be called up for Spring Training then dont put him on the 40 man roster. Thats the risk of protecting guys from the Rule 5.

So you're asking to circumvent using an option year to send players back down after ST? If players are out of option years they'll still have to clear waivers.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

The game doesn't have non roster invitees to spring training. Trust me, i've asked many offseasons. So basically anyone on the 40 man is optioned down or cut.

15. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

I'm fairly certain this is how the game is designed, if we ended a game before pre-season and you put players to the minors they would still use an option and get 1 major league service day.

16. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

I heard rumblings that NRI will be available in 15

17. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Anybody on the 40-man roster should have a Major League contract. If someone can show me someone on their 40-man roster with a minor league contract then I will be proven wrong and the game has flaws.

It's the reason why some high draft picks, especially college guys want Major league contracts when they sign.

18. Ken Welsch

Ken Welsch BTFD!

Lol, I think I'm not being clear, I'm not asking to circumvent any rules. Players will of course have to be waived after adding them to the 40 man.

My entire request is to shorten the final offseason sim by a day or two so it doesn't roll into the next season. Once it goes into the next MLB business year, every player on the major league roster gets a day (or more, in theory) of major league service time plus a minimum contract, even those that go over the 25-man limit and will obviously be cut.

My point is that shortening the sim by one day allows all teams to send down our prospects and fringe players without having to commit salary to them (and having them accrue any ML time at all).

If we don't do this, I suppose most teams will probably only bring 25-30 players to camp, which is unrealistic and begs for injury during spring training. Plus spring training is a good time to gauge prospects in relation to major leaguers as well as a time to develop players and add position eligibility; losing that won't ruin the game but removes a strategic aspect. Status quo is doable but not realistic or ideal.

19. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

I don't think the bold will be true.

20. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

The bold is done through NRI's. Until that's built in the game, we really can't do what you're looking for...

21. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Anyone on the 40 man roster gets a MLC.

22. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

The reason we did it this way to begin with was due to how long the offseason is. By stopping the day after spring training anyone with a major league contract who is demoted will automatically get a MLC. it certainly helps teams with money issues but adds a day to the offseason

23. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Don't even tease me

24. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Essentially demoting guys before opening day with the minimum contract $480k I believe will have their salary changed to a minor league contract

25. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On