2028 MVP Race

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by I Peench, Mar 25, 2014.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

National League

I'll make this short and sweet - Mets C Jose Garcia is a lock.

jose garcia.JPG

Garcia is posting a .363/.437/.588 season with 26 home runs and 94 RBI.

American League

In the American League, the water is murkier. As I see it, there are 4 potential MVP candidates, all of whom are performing at a very high level for extremely competitive teams.

RF Rafael Cruz, Tamp Bay

cruz.JPG

The 31 year old outfielder has an incredible batting average of .367, while also belting 25 home runs. A WAR north of 8 is nothing to sneeze at.

2B Richard Moore, New York

moore.JPG

While Moore has certainly benefited from the hitter friendly Yankee Stadium, there's no denying both his ability and his contributions to a winning New York team. At .284/.324/.558 and 39 home runs, "Gunner" strikes fear into every arm in the league. Moore has also demonstrated tremendous defensive ability and versatility, posting a ZR of 2.3 at SS and 4.7 at 2B, respectively.

LF Jerome Jonston, Los Angeles

Johnston.JPG

Johnston is the keystone of the Angels lineup, as was demonstrated by their offensive collapse during a 2 week period during which Johnston was sidelined with a hamstring injury. Johnston leads the MLB in RBI (109), and is top 10 in Home Runs (35). He currently sits at .299/.368/.541 with a .909 OPS.

2B Roberto Casillas, Chicago

casillas.JPG

After a few disappointing seasons, Casillas has turned the corner in '28. Posting great numbers (.281/.342/.539) while playing on the most dominant team in baseball will certainly get the attention of voters.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Nobody is even close to Garcia. He's having one of the best offensive seasons for a catcher in Dugout history. Hell, this season is probably top 5 at any position. Cruz is a lock for me in the AL as well. He's having a hell of a year.

3. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    ryalaman

Are you impressed yet?