2028 MVP Race

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by I Peench, Mar 25, 2014.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Jul 1, 2010
    National League

I'll make this short and sweet - Mets C Jose Garcia is a lock.

jose garcia.JPG

Garcia is posting a .363/.437/.588 season with 26 home runs and 94 RBI.

American League

In the American League, the water is murkier. As I see it, there are 4 potential MVP candidates, all of whom are performing at a very high level for extremely competitive teams.

RF Rafael Cruz, Tamp Bay

The 31 year old outfielder has an incredible batting average of .367, while also belting 25 home runs. A WAR north of 8 is nothing to sneeze at.

2B Richard Moore, New York

While Moore has certainly benefited from the hitter friendly Yankee Stadium, there's no denying both his ability and his contributions to a winning New York team. At .284/.324/.558 and 39 home runs, "Gunner" strikes fear into every arm in the league. Moore has also demonstrated tremendous defensive ability and versatility, posting a ZR of 2.3 at SS and 4.7 at 2B, respectively.

LF Jerome Jonston, Los Angeles

Johnston is the keystone of the Angels lineup, as was demonstrated by their offensive collapse during a 2 week period during which Johnston was sidelined with a hamstring injury. Johnston leads the MLB in RBI (109), and is top 10 in Home Runs (35). He currently sits at .299/.368/.541 with a .909 OPS.

2B Roberto Casillas, Chicago

After a few disappointing seasons, Casillas has turned the corner in '28. Posting great numbers (.281/.342/.539) while playing on the most dominant team in baseball will certainly get the attention of voters.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Jul 17, 2010
    Nobody is even close to Garcia. He's having one of the best offensive seasons for a catcher in Dugout history. Hell, this season is probably top 5 at any position. Cruz is a lock for me in the AL as well. He's having a hell of a year.
  3. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Nov 30, 2011
    Featured Threads:

Are you impressed yet?