2029/2030 Offseason

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by ty5oke, Apr 30, 2014.

1. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

The Dugout

Will update with the usuals tomorrow but just wanted to let everyone know that the new file is up and offseason has begun.

DO NOT MAKE FREE AGENT OFFERS UNTIL AFTER SIM #1

You are responsible for your roster and DFA. If you sign a guy and he times out, he gets dropped. OOTP now allows us to set the DFA time to 50 days so no excuses.
    You are responsible for making sure Rule 5 eligible players are protected. If somebody gets drafted "on accident" because he wasn't on the 40 man roster, too damn bad.

#1: 05/01/14 - Sim to 12/1 - Arbitration / awards processed during sim. Once file is up you may protect players from the Rule 5 draft / create in game draft lists. Also, FA opens up after this sim.

#2: 05/02/14 - Sim to 1/1 - Rule 5 draft processed - First sim of FA signings.

#3: 05/03/14 - Sim to 2/1 - Second sim of FA signings.

#4: 05/04/14 - Sim to 3/2 - Last sim of offseason FA signings. Start of Spring Training.

#5: 05/05/14 - Sim to 4/1 - Disable suspensions for Spring Training and sim ST. Re-enable suspensions and lower DFA to 22 days and waivers to 12 days at the end of the sim.

#6: 05/06/14 - Opening Day!

Reminders

Teams that lost money last season:

Teams in danger of the 5 year rule:
    • None.

The draft lottery this Friday after the sim. It will be broadcast live for all those interested.

Don't forget development budgets may now be updated at any time during the offseason.

Do Not forget about contract rules in the league description. Team, Player and Vesting options are BANNED!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2014
  2. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

The Dugout

New file uploaded to the server. ZCar352 added to Colorado.

I grabbed all exports, so if you exported with previous file you are good. If you haven't exported yet then you will need to download new file first.

First Offseason sim will go down tomorrow @ 8 pm EST

• Like Like x 1
  3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Tomorrow!?!?

Pitchforks and fire for ZCar352

4. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Agreed. 2 days for arby. Psh.

5. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

its that bad in Colorado?

6. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    No, he means because the advance is being delayed by a day.

7. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Yeah WTF!?!?

8. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

OHHH Gotcha...my bad guys

9. KnightNoles

:D

10. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

What is this madness?!?!

11. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

[​IMG]

I'm entirely too lazy to change Sparta to The Dugout.

• Like Like x 3
  12. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

It was most likely tomorrow anyways cause file didn't go up till later last night

13. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Gives everyone time to trade for one of my sp

14. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    44 hour sims blowwwwwww.

• Like Like x 1
  15. KnightNoles

Still haven't seen which one

16. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Any if I get the right value

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

18. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    The Dugout

As we all know, the offseason can get a bit boring and monotonous. In an effort to speed things up I have modified the schedule a bit (as can be seen above). We're essentially simming 30 day periods instead of 15 and in doing so will reduce the offseason by 2 (real life) days. I also included real life dates (highlighted in yellow) to the schedule so you can know what stage we're on.

The side affect of doing the schedule this way is that if you put someone on Waivers / DFA during the offseason, you will not get a chance to pull them back. They will either clear waivers / DFA or get claimed by another team. So please be aware when you waiver / DFA someone this offseason of these changes (no exceptions will be made for mistakes).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Myself and Ty were a bit perturbed at the number of teams that lost money last season (10 in total). Again, please try to be more self aware of your finances. Just because you can lose money one season doesnt mean you should be. We allow you a reprieve as a privilege, please dont use this privilege to continuously skirt the rules.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just another friendly reminder that 2030 will be our last on OOTP14. I know we're all anxiously awaiting porting over and I for one cant wait to add the 4+ people waiting to join the league when we switch to OOTP15.

Side note, we were perfect last season in live sims (every single advance was a live sim, both regular season and post season). Thank you again for your participation. Myself and Ty will try our hardest to keep that streak going into the 2030 season.

• Like Like x 11
  19. Masler

Masler Moderator

Do we still have to wait another 24+ hours for ARBITRATION :bored:

• Like Like x 1
  20. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    We're not doing an advance tonight. Next advance is tomorrow. The combination of the file going up late plus getting zcar in makes it a necessity. Arbitration is actually rather important for some.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  21. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Why? Is there any reason you cant just increase the time of DFA/waivers? Because forcing people to lose guys that should slip through waivers is wrong, and not allowing for waiver claims in the offseason also seems wrong.

22. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Wait. So we are advancing tonight now?

23. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Typo.

• Like Like x 1
  24. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Max we can do DFA for is 50 days, so maxing it out means they'll time out mid sim if we do 30 day sims. So basically if you put someone on waivers, the next sim you'll have a chance to claim them / pull back etc, but you'll only get one shot vs the two you got before.

25. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Then do 24 or 25 day sims or something. Waivers should be a part of the game, they're sort of important.