2035 Media Day Thread

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by NeuroticTruth, Sep 28, 2014.

1. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    The Dugout

Welcome to the 2035 regular season! The is again mandatory and must be completed by the end of sim 4.

1. How do you feel about last season's team? Did you over or under achieve? Any players who had breakout season or underperformed for the year?

2. How do you feel about the offseason? Any key losses from last season? What additions did you make?

3. Any prospects coming up this season? Who do you feel will break out this season and make an impact?

4. Predict your division standings at EOS? And WS matchup/winner?

5. Who had the best offseason (trades and FA requirements considered)?

6. Predict the Cy Young / MVP winners.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  2. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

1. How do you feel about last season's team? Did you over or under achieve? Any players who had breakout season or underperformed for the year?
    • The Dodgers won the World Series so we way over achieved. It really surprised me and a lot of people but I think it had to do with the pitching staff. The rag tag bunch of Davis, Sidotti, Garrett, Paukovi, Iwata/Herring played above and beyond their pitching ratings and did enough to take them all the way. Hitting wise we had a solid lineup and everyone is coming back.
    • Breakout season goes to Rookie of the Year Roberto Martinez. He was a monster all year and continued to progress, now I just hope the Sophomore Blues doesn't hit him. Runner up would go to Jeffrey Davis and Britt Williams.
    • Underperform season goes to middle INF Sergio Trevino. He has underperformed since he has been a Dodger.
    2. How do you feel about the offseason? Any key losses from last season? What additions did you make?
    • The offseason was very quiet for the Dodgers with only signing one player to the ML Roster. The other three signings were minor league fillers who potentially could get a call up if there was an injury. The ML signee was Jorge Pena who is lined up at the #4 spot in the rotation.
    • We lost a few guys but the Dodgers were ready to part ways with them.
    3. Any prospects coming up this season? Who do you feel will break out this season and make an impact?
    • After their Spring Training performances the Dodgers will keep C Carlos Lopez, and SP Jose Rincon. The plan was to keep Lopez to be the backup catcher but Rincon was a last minute decision. Rincon will be our long reliever and spot starter this season. Lopez and Rincon should be suitable this year.
    • Padres
    • Dodgers
    • Giants
    • Diamondbacks
    • Rockies
    • World Series: Rangers vs Cubs with the Cubbies keeping the NL Streak alive.
    • The obvious answer is the Boston Redsox but it is easy to do well when you have $70 mill laying around. The Baltimore Orioles had a great offseason with no money to spend.
    • Cy Young: AL- Joseph Keller, NL- Orlando Ortega
    • MVP Winners: AL- Jerome Johnston, NL- Rafael Cruz

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ken Welsch

Ken Welsch BTFD!

I love last year's team. Unlike Twins teams in the past, they actually started out strong and stayed relatively healthy. The team was built around pitching: the bullpen was once again one of the best in the league and the defense was solid. On offense, the team got contributions from Carmine Donaldson and Alonso Venegas, which negated underperfromances from previous stalwards Armando Vidal, William Dodson and "Cocoa" Bruno. Bottom line: getting to the ALCS was a great accomplishment.

Second Baseman Alberto Bruno departed via free agency, after 5 1/2 years in Minnesota. He will be missed, especially on the basepaths, but his bat was inconsistent. Prospect Allan McDonald will take over and bring a solid glove and bat to the position after years of waiting in the wings.

The aforementioned McDonald will take over at second base, and starter Pedro Solis will likely inherit the 5th starter role. Both are expected to contribute but won't be leaned on. As for a breakout candidate, I believe that C/DH Carmine Donaldson will outdo his performance from last season, when he finished 3rd in the AL ROY voting.

Minnesota
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Kansas City
    Cleveland

World Series: Dodgers vs Twins (I want a rematch, sawemoff !)

The Red Sox had a busy offseason and are a tempting pick, but the Reds made some very solid moves and did finish 2nd (though under .500) in their division last year.

AL - Jerome Johnston and Marcos Romero
    NL - Rafael Cruz and "Dude" Ortega

• Like Like x 1
  4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    We were awful, sucked. I am looking forward to seeing how my pitching staff starts off. 3B Chris Cook played way under his ability

Traded Manuel for three players that are going to help me down the road. Pretty much my only real move as we did not have a lot of money for Free Agents.

CF Ramon Sanchez gets the call. Hoping he takes a big leap.

NY
    TB
    Bal
    Tor
    Bos

NYA vs LA - NYA will win

No idea as I only follow the Tampa Bay Rays. It is too early to tell who had the best offseason.

Honestly, it is wiiiiiddddeeee open.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

We went from having the second pick in the draft to making the playoffs the following season. My team exceeded my expectations. With that being said no one really surprised me with their play. Jose Garcia hit all of his potentials and finished the season off very well so hopefully he can stay healthy and build upon that success.

The biggest addition is by far Maehle from the Cubs. Adding him gives us one of the top rotations in the league in one of the best pitchers parks. We also added some platoon guys and of course the immortal Huck Donahue.

We didn't call up anyone this year, we do have several guys going into their second years though. Dave Fei, Vincent Hampton, and Millard Delaney to name a few. Hopefully they can all top their rookie seasons.

Dodgers
    Padres
    Giants
    DBacks
    Rockies
    WS Yankees 4-2 over Cubs
    I think trading for a guy one season removed from a Cy Young was a good accomplishment for us. Baltimore getting Dobson was another solid move. I also think the Yankees getting Manuel is going to reshape the AL East for the next 8 or so seasons.

NL-John Riley, Rafael Cruz
    AL-Max Larsen, Adrian Warren

• Like Like x 2
  6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Last year's team really showed the gaps in our aging roster. Fresh off a world series win, we were sluggish up until the all-star break and then finally some life was breathed into the clubhouse, despite some key injuries. We fought back hard enough to get into the wild card and then the divisional series, which is more than what seemed possible at the mid-point of the season.

We lost Eden Martinez because he's a liar. Wanted 20M/yr from us and then goes and signs with BAL for less than he made last season (8.5M). Ridiculous. He will be replaced with much younger talent that we don't think will be as productive (6.0 WAR) as Martinez.

No one big. You will see some new faces, but most have been role players up until this point. Probably 2 years away from seeing the muscle (what we have, at least) of our farm in the bigs. Our top prospects aren't even old enough to be protected from Rule 5 yet.

A lot of changes this offseason and it's always a crapshoot anyway. Even without Martinez, we can definitely compete for a division title, but Philly will be tough to deal with.

PHI
    NL
    ATL
    FLO
    WAS

Not us. If Philly kept their roster somewhat intact then I would say they won the winter series.

Oh boy. Is this possible?

SP Cristophe Dupont (ARI)
    C Adrian Warren (STL) - I think this will be another year Warren puts it all together.

7. Lou

Lou Walk On

I don't really think I can put in words how disappointed we were with last year's outcome!
    I think this video can only semi touch on how miserable we were!

**Insert "Colorado Rockies" to replace anytime they say "Jimmy Key" throughout this video

Another disappointing offseason, as we went after 2 middle rotation SPs...would likely be #2 and #2A on my team. Per the norm, we did not get them.
    Key losses were all in Rule 5, as we lost a solid young catcher, in Ray Chandler.
    We made a few additions, mostly to the bullpen, in Manny Cruz and Chris Wynn. SP Fernando Lopez will start out as our #2, but we fully expect to see Mike Anderson become the #2 by the All Star break.
    We also added OF Stan Lewis, who we hope will platoon well vs LHP for us.

Gil Bernard will be on the opening day roster. We called him up when the roster expanded, but he will start as our setup man until he gets comfy. We fully expect him to be our closer for a long time.

"Hulk" will start the year in AAA, but if he progresses well, expect to see him late in the year as perhaps our #5. Angel Escamilla is another SP on the radar to move up in the near future.

1. San Diego
    2. LA Dodgers
    3. Colorado
    4. San Francisco
    5. Arizona

Picking the San Diego Padres to win the WS over the Tampa Bay Rays in 6

Going with Boston, really fixed their rotation getting the best 2 pitchers in FA this year.

CY Young - AL Marcus Romero, NL Wallace Bannatyne
    MVP - AL SS Eduardo Martinez, NL 1B Angel Vega...This guy constantly is overlooked. Snubbed for ASG 2 years in a row, but has hit 97 HR, 256 RBI and batted over .275 over that 2 year span. If not for him and Stuart Brown, my team wouldn't win over 25 games.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

Last years team surprised me. If we hadn't had a couple of disastrous months we could have hit .500, albeit in a weak division.

I didn't do anything splashy this offseason, though I think I shored up my defense a bit and added some pitching help. I also brought back my boy Tim Rivers to platoon DH for me (which was a fun idea by Roggie)

I don't think I have anyone ready to come up.

Cubs
    Cards
    Pirates
    Reds
    Brewers

World Series - Philly vs Tampa Bay (Tampa Bay in 5)

Boston, though I think they let some talent go on offense.

AL Cy Young - Ryan Cook
    NL Cy Young - Juan Leon

AL MVP - Eden Martinez
    NL MVP - Henry Parker

• Like Like x 3
  9. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

*BAL

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, saw that. Habit.

11. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:

Regular season, I think we overachieved. I did not see us as the best NL team but we tied the Dodgers for best in the NL in the regular season. Playoffs, we had our typical collapse. John Riley, who we brought in to give us another great pitcher and due to how he has dismantled us in the playoffs, collapsed in the playoffs and we had our usual first round choke.

Orlando Ortega finally won his Cy Young award. Freddy Sims had a very solid rookie season. John Monchak and Dave Smith both had down years, and Keith Moody took a couple of months to adjust to Chicago before playing respectable baseball.

We traded away Alex Maehle, who won 2 Cy Youngs for us, this offseason. We would have liked to resign him and keep him a Cub, but we are in a position where we had to resign him, Henry Parker, and Orlando Ortega (next year), and we chose the 2 younger players. We brought back Jesse Hicks, who we feel can be a solid #3 as he is just a better version of former Cub Bryan Holmes, Conner Shannon, an outfielder who should be a solid bat for us next season, and Victor Schmidt, who instantly becomes our top hitting prospect and should be a stud in the outfield in a couple of seasons.

We signed Dave God in free agency to a 1 year deal. We need some more power in the lineup and he can provide that.

Charles Martin had a couple stints last season, but he will be in the lineup full time vs right handed bats this year. He as the ability to demolish right handed pitching. We are hoping that Juan Mendez will finally make that jump needed to be a starting pitcher, but he couldn't handle the task in spring training so he will start back in the pen. Cornell Williams will be back up with the team at some point this season as well.

Hopefully one of our pitching prospects who are close will make their non-September ML debut this season. Lever, Villegas, Collins, Pruitt, Longoria, all are close. Longoria and Pruitt are both ready for a bullpen assignment now, but we are having them start games in AA, pitching to Bill Whiffen, our catching prospect who is ready but blocked this year by Yamaguchi and Flamethrower (who is on a short leash).

I think we have a weaker team this year, but the Reds are still a year or two away.
    Cubs
    Reds
    Pirates
    Cardinals
    Brewers

Winner of AL West wins the WS over San Diego.

Probably Boston, since they had so much money to throw around. But San Diego also had a nice offseason, turning prospects into ML talent. I also like what Cincy did. Added a lot of guys who aren't high on the star rating but are solid ballplayers. Markus Green is a baller.

Cy: Jose Leon
    MVP: Jeremy Hopkins
    RotY: Charles Martin

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  12. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Absolutely loved last year's team. I got off to an 8-0 start in the first sim of the year and finished April 21-6 on my way to a 95-win campaign. It was only the Rangers' third postseason appearance in Dugout history, the others coming in 2013 and 2025, and we had the second most victories the franchise has ever had. We beat the A's in the wildcard and came close to knocking off the Angels in the Divisional Round, but Spooks outdueled Max Larsen and we lost Game 5, 2-1.

We definitely overachieved a bit as I didn't expect this team to get that good that fast. Our core is all 30 and under, so we're still figuring out how to win. 2B Vicente Maldonado had a breakout rookie campaign, posting a .326 batting average and a 4.1 WAR while playing stellar defense at second base. Max Larsen had a solid rookie year as well, posting a 7.1 WAR but was shelled in a number of games last year, namely against Anaheim, so we expect him to perform even better this year.

I loved my offseason, namely because my owner finally stopped being an assclown and increased my budget by $20 million after we earned him close to $50 mil in revenue last year. So we upped our development budget to $40 mil (the max), and then signed MR Trent Connor to fortify what we think is a pretty good pen. Other than that, we sat tight because we like the group we have.

The only prospect we expect to see this year is SP Tyler Fields. He had a great offseason, adding 5 stuff and movement and a curveball to his repertoire. The former 2031 first-round pick finally rewarded management's patience and looks to be the stalwart #3 behind Julio Reed and Max Larsen. He is a lefty arm as well, which we love, and could start right now if we were pressed to play him. If he hits 55 control this year or if any injuries happen in the rotation, Fields will be a major contributor.

Other than him, all of our young studs have been called up to the MLB. RF Brian Gryboski is also considered a prospect, but we gave him a September call-up last year and he was great, hitting 6 homers and 15 RBIs. We expect him to continue to light it up in the 4-spot behind Will Davis.

The AL West is by far the best division in baseball, so it's really hard to predict what the final standings will look like. The Astros are probably the No. 4 team in the division and would likely compete for a title anywhere else. This order can go any number of ways, and any of the top three teams can win it.

1. Angels
    2. Rangers
    3. A's
    4. Astros
    5. Mariners

World Series - Anaheim / San Diego (if they play to their potential) with the Angels winning in 6 (if Steve pays attention and Spooks gets more than one start in a 7 game series)

Boston had a boatload of cash and pretty much bought everyone, so they kind of win it by default. I think the Astros quietly made some good moves as well, signing some older guys who can definitely still contribute. I think they'll win 85 games despite playing in this division.

AL: Joseph Keller / Adrian Warren
    NL: Wallace Bannatyne / Angelo Ortiz

• Like Like x 1
  13. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
      • Last season was definitely an underachievement. We led the division all year from opening day and a late season collapse cost us the playoffs in game 162. We definitely should have won the division, but my bullpen had different ideas on that.
      • I dont know as far as "breakout" since the guy won 4 NBL MVPs, but Nagata definitely had a great rookie season winning the ROTY and MVP awards.
      • We didnt lose anyone major from last seasons roster. I was hoping to "lose" Scotty Clay, but he decided he wanted to make $14M to ride the bench in NY this year instead of letting me get a comp pick. Solano could be considered a loss but moving him allowed us to make other moves and he regressed as soon as I traded him.
      • We didnt sign a single person in FA but we made a few other splashes. Trading for Manuel and moving Cloherty to the bullpen allowed me to solidify both my rotation and bullpen. I also grabbed a few young pitchers to sure up the bullpen in the Rule 5 as well.
      • 1B Henry Owens spent the later part of last year in the ML, but this year will be his first full season in the ML as he takes over the reigns from future HOF Scotty Clay. I also have a lot of high hopes for CF Terry Everett. Ever since his contact went up to 60 last year he's been a man on fire. I think he's primed for a beast season offensively.
      • Division:
        • Baltimore
        • New York
        • Tampa
        • Boston
        • Toronto
      • World Series: Minnesota / Philly - Minnesota in 6.
    5. Who had the best offseason (trades and FA acquirements considered)?
      • Definitely Philly. They made some great moves to bolster their young squad despite losing a few key SPs (who I think they've replaced with younger upgrades).
      • Cy Young: AL - Joseph Mitchell / NL - Juan Leon
      • MVP: AL - Bobby Clark / NL - Angelo Ortiz

• Like Like x 1
  14. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

I was disappointed in my team last season. We had such a good season 2 years ago and did not have that big crash but last year we just crashed and burned. The bullpen underperformed last season expectantly Rachinsky ERA of over 4 does not cut it for a set up man lets see how he can do this season.
    I feel OK about our offseason we lost Paez who hit 3rd for us but his health was in decline. We replaced him with a big power bat and solid defensive in Teppo Niemi. Niemi was traded from Philly in exchange for Bob Hines. We also added a bullpen Dave Jensen hoping getting out of Colorado helps him out.

The only real guy I can see making a splash later in the year is Lee Greer. He is really solid defensively but we shall see how his bat develops in AAA.

Cubs
    Reds
    Pirates
    Brewers
    Cards

Twins vs cubs oh wait they never make it past DS make that Twins vs Philly

Boston got some good offense.

It is wide open all I know is my man Paco will win NL Cy Young :D

• Like Like x 3
  15. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Saying "it's wide open" is such a cop out answer. I know it's wide open, but there is a reason I asked the question.

• Like Like x 1
  16. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    phillies.png
    2035 PPs.png 2035 Pitchers.png

Considering that we won the 2033 World Series and returned all but 1 or 2 players from that 25 man roster, most people would consider our 2034 season to be a disappointment. I would say that we just had an extended honeymoon. Some players had severe performance drop-offs. Most notably were 3B Matt Bates and SP Cesar Trevino but they were hardly the only ones. We went from one of the top run producing teams and run preventing teams in the NL to one of the worst in both. So it was definitely understandable why our fortunes changed so much.

The honeymoon is over and the Phillies are ready to return to the top of the MLB. We were very active in the offseason and made numerous changes that should really improve our team. Matt Bates, Cesar Trevino, Teppo Niemi, and Harry Dalton were all important pieces of our 2033 WS that were sent packing. We traded for SP Bob Hines, 3B Jesus Solano, MR Matt Price, LF Antonio Valdes, and LF Ricardo Rivera. We picked up SS Cy Bailey out of the Cubs organization in the Rule 5 Draft. Then we signed SP/MR Tomas Bruno, MR Miguel Santana, and MR Bob Lewis to fill out our pitching needs.

Tommy Thomas, the #5 pick from the 2031 draft, will be taking over the starting duties at Catcher, SP Joe Sog put in a great performance in Spring Training and earned himself a shot as our #5 SP to start the season, and then SS Cy Bailey will be making his MLB debut as our starting SS. I think they've all got great potential and will hopefully have good years.

Screw being PC, this is our year.

1. Phillies
    2. Marlins
    3. Braves
    4. Mets
    5. Nationals

Phillies over Red Sox 4-0

They didn't really make a lot of moves that are going to help them this year, but the Orioles will still be competitive with a deep roster and managed to shed themselves of some really bad contracts and get some players in return. They're in a great position to build on top of a solid foundation for the next 5+ seasons. Just not sure how well they'll handle the Yankees and Red Sox this year though.

AL MVP - SS Jon Wright (Angels)
    AL Cy Young - SP Joseph Keller (Athletics)

NL MVP - LF Roberto Martinez (Dodgers)
    NL Cy Young - SP Juan Leon (Cardinals)

• Like Like x 4
  17. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Awesome write up.

• Like Like x 1
  18. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

My eyes! LOL

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hartwell6

Hartwell6 Walk On

Last season was a pretty decent season being my first season as Buffaloes GM. I thought the team did well considering some injuries during the year but we were able to represent the Pacific League. Cristobal Rodriguez had a great year as well as Tatsui Miyamoto. Our pitching was not great but got the job done for the most part.
    The offseason was pretty uneventful for the Buffaloes. We decided to not resign some players who, in my opinion, weren't worth keeping. For example, we let go of Kiyohira Takahashi after his 5.82 ERA season.
    Shigenobu Sanu is a 24 year old starting pitcher who we will be using in the bullpen this season. Last year he made 3 appearances in the NBL and had a 2.35 ERA in 7.2 innings of work. We are looking for him to step up and be a solid bullpen guy for us this season.
    Hokkaido
    Orix
    Fukuoka
    Chiba
    Yamato
    Seibu
    Tohoku
    I think the Yomiuri Giants will face the Ham Fighters in the WS and the Ham Fighters will win in 6 games, barring any major injuries.
    The Ham Fighters had a great offseason with the acquisitions of big NBL names like Shusui Matsuo and Tsuneyo Ando. I believe they are poised for an NBL championship.

• Like Like x 3
  20. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

It's difficult to say whether this team over or underachieved because of the problems with injuries. 15 of the 25 players on the April 1 roster were at least on the 15 day DL for some time during the season. Ace SP John Riley was traded to the Cubs at the trade deadline for prospects and then the team got healthy. The team played at around a .700 clip the last 2 months of the season and came back to cut a 10 game deficit for the wildcard to push San Diego to a 163rd game, after sweeping the Padres to end the season. San Diego went on to win game 163 and move on to the wild card. Since most people predicted the team to win the division last season, I guess they were underachievers.

SP John Riley was moved to Chicago for prospects at the all star break. Also, C Ron Schloss's contract was not extended. Schloss had a nice career in SF, but his skills diminished behind the plate. 2B Andy Hornby's contract was not extended. Hornby's career started out strong. He was a slick fielding, high OBP guy who could steal at will. However, injuries shortened his career and his time playing at full potential was limited.

Most of the players on this season's team have played in SF for a while. However, there will be some major turnover at the end of this season. C Werner Hornaberger was acquired in the Riley trade with the Cubs last season. Hornaberger is a high power guy, who doesn't do much else well. It will be interesting to see how he plays this season. 2B Paul Dudley was also acquired from the Cubs last season in the same trade. He will start the season in AAA, but will make an appearance in the show if he continues to improve.

Los Angeles
    San Francisco
    San Diego
    Arizona
    Colorado

World Series: Baltimore def Chicago

No idea. I was not buying anyone, so I didn't pay much attention.

Again, I don't spend much time on other people's teams, unless I want to trade. I'll copy some of the replies above.

AL - Jerome Johnston and Marcos Romero
    NL - Rafael Cruz and "Dude" Ortega

• Like Like x 1
  21. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:

Milwaukee was a bad team in a bad division. The expectations weren't that high and we failed to meet them. An injury plagued month in the middle of the season killed us though, as 4 starters were all out at the same time. Mark Boutilier was the lone breakout performer, as he hit over .300 in his first full season in the majors, but the list of underperformers isn't a short one. Headliner would be Dave Hutchison, who in his contract year spent most of the season with an ERA over 7 and hit 21 losses as a starter. Needless to say we did not bring him back.

The offseason was a critical point for the Brewers....and they struck out in free agency. All of our top targets went elsewhere. Ultimately resorted to extreme measures and used the budget in a trade many may question bringing in Steve Lewis's giant contract from Baltimore. The trade was more about getting prospects into a weak farm system, but Lewis still fills an opening in the lineup, has the potential to be an impact run scoring leadoff hitter, and with $23 million coming off the books after the upcoming season doesn't permanently set us back in free agency. It was a hefty deal, but the hope is that we now have two prospects that will be long time contributors to the team in a few years.

1B Matt Daly was picked up in the rule 5 draft and will be the regular first baseman this season, but the impact player we need to break out is 2B Ivan Longoria. He picked up a gold glove last year, but we need him to be a more consistent contributor at the plate.

1. Cubs
    2. Pirates
    3. Reds
    4. Cardinals
    5. Brewers

The Red Sox picked up more than one of the guys I was trying to sign, and seem to have improved their team significantly from last year.

NL Cy Young: Wallace Bannatyne
    AL Cy Young: Joseph Keller

NL MVP: Jeremy Hopkins
    AL MVP: Eduardo Martinez

22. moshingpenguin

moshingpenguin Walk On

Had a great season, won the NL East and lost it the NLCS to the Doyers. I had one of the best offensive seasons in any league I've ever played in, achored down by NL MVP Rafel Cruz and 5 players having 20+ Hrs. Unfortunately, the pitching just isn't elite enough to help out in big game situations.

No big key losses besides SP Anthony Duncan, the pieces that I have added have minimal impact. Really tried to sign a big name FA Pitcher but missed on all my big chances.

No prospects in the system are much worth talking about... could be a problem.

Phillies
    Marlins
    Mets
    Braves
    Nats

Have to go with the SF Giants over the Angels in 6! Keep the NL streak alive!

The Red Sox probably picked up the best pitching on the market, I'm quite jealous.

6. Predict the Cy Young / MVP winners.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to mix it up a bit and say AL CY - Joseph Mitchell White Sox, AL MVP Nagata - Yankees
    NL CY - Bannatyne on Dodgers, NL MVP - Kip Babineaux - Marlins

• Like Like x 1
  23. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Another horrible (as expected) season in the 216. Bill "Cooler King" McIlverde is the ultimate professional and had another solid season. We wish the rest of the guys on our roster were like him.

After finding his power stroke in Cleveland (again), Jose Costa left us (again). That was crushing as we thought his continued success inside the confines of Progressive Field would be enough to get him to stay for the long term. We again are taken flyers out on some struggling vets looking to see if they can pull a Costa.

Former first round pick Dave Willits could very well find himself in the bullpen on Opening Day. We'd love to give him his chance to start at some point this season.

1. Twins
    2. Tigers
    3. ChiSox
    4. Indians
    5. Royals

World Series: Angels v. Cubs. Cubs keep the NL streak going.

Boston. I almost thought Pac Man Jones had was hired as GM cuz it was rainin in Bean Town!

It is happening. Spooks achieves the impossible and misses the first half of the season, but still wins the Cy Young! That dude is just too good to hold down! MVP also goes to the City of Angels with Jerome Johnston.

24. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Disappointing, and it's only looking worse this season. The only players who I'd say performed well were SP Mitchell and OF Morris. Everyone else can go pount sand.

I missed a big chunk of the offseason, so my hope of fixing some of our hitting issues in FA didn't happen. We lost 3B Lasalvia and OF Cooper, who both wanted crazy money to sign long term. They should have learned from Sha, you perform out of your mind, get extended, then tank. Tanking before FA is not how you get paid.

I don't think I'll have any new prospects coming up this year. I had hoped that last years performance by my SP was an aberration, but they've started this season way way worse.

Division - Minnesota, Detroit, KC, White Sox, Cleveland
    WS - Angels over Cubs

I'm not really sure, I was so disgusted with my team and the issues with ootp I was having that I barely paid attention to the rest of the league after last All Star break.

CY Young - Spooks
    MVP - That foreign OF NeuroticTruth signed last year, don't recall the name.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Crippled by injuries down the stretch we could not stay in the chase. 1B Johnston came in and hit 23 HR which led the team. Made good on the supplemental pick we gave up for him. Twins took a wholly inadequate INF with the sup selection.

Was gone for off-season. Signed SS Sanchez to add power, defense and speed to the INF.

Early injury in OF has opened an opportunity for CF Ellis to play.

Tigers, Twins then flip a coin for the dumpster fires.

Angels over Mets

Unsure, was on vacation.

CY Young - Spooks
    MVP - Rafael Cruz