Featured 2036 RPI Rankings: Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by HAL9100, Nov 6, 2014.

1. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Trade Deadline RPI Rankings

Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 12.12.10 PM.png
    • Twos Company, Threes Sevens A Crowd: The AL appears to back in top form this year as they've taken control of 7 of the top 8 spots in the ranking. The Orioles have also regained the top spot after ending the 2035 season there and failing in the playoffs.
    • On The Other End Of The Spectrum: The NL own the bottom 5 spots in the ranking and 11 of the bottom 13. On top of that, the NL Central has the worst 4 teams in the entire MLB. This hurts the Cubs' ranking a lot and makes everyone wonder if their MLB worst SOS is inflating their record.
    • Shake It Off: After a rough opening ranking, the Tigers and Astros made significant gains coming from the bottom 10 to the top 10. Can these teams continue to rise or will the last 3rd of the season start to average out and place them in the middle of the pack?
    • Nothing To See Here: The trade deadline came and went with little activity. The biggest surprise was seeing the Padres, Giants, and Royals do nothing. The AL Central and the NL West are the only divisions that appear up for grabs at the moment and it was the trailing teams that made the moves(White Sox, Rockies, and Dodgers) to make themselves more competitive. Will this come back to bite them in the final 2 months?
    • Rat Race: So the Brewers and Blue Jays(if only they played in the NL) have a firm grasp on the #1 and #2 spots in December's lottery, but there's a lot of competition behind them for #3. There's 10 teams currently within 5 games of each other. With all the competition in the NL at the bottom of the rankings, it should be exciting to see who can make all the wrong moves.

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 5
  2. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Team has finally began hitting a little bit better.

C Joe Walker has been on an absolute tear the past month and half. Returning HR king Pat Johnson is still struggling and really need him to pick it up down the stretch.

Top 2 in the rotation have slowed down a lot but the 3-5 have picked up the slack in Houston.

3. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
  4. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    NL Central blows.

• Like Like x 2
  5. moshingpenguin

moshingpenguin Walk On

ugh 20 more runs scored than runs allowed and still 9 games under .500. would be in the lead for the wild card otherwise...

6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

6 to 26th :woot:

• Like Like x 1
  7. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I inquired about some pitching help at the deadline, but I didn't want to mortgage the future to pick up the players.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    • Like Like x 3
  9. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Awesome, appreciate ya.

10. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

If I could get my staff straight I would be fine.

11. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

And my typical June collapse continues. Start off hot the first 2 months and then things go downhill quickly.

12. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, you had a pretty epic collapse. I even went 2-7 against you in June and July(including the first time I've been swept since 2034), so I don't know how you've managed to drop off so much.

13. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Picking up Sekeras and Nielson from Baltimore have been a HUGE boost to our offense. Slugging and batting average has increased from the bottom of the AL to #3 in both categories. Wood has been struggling a lot this year and just went down for 2 months so we will see if the staff can keep us in contention as it looks we won;t get him back before the year is up. Could be a huge blow

14. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

These RPI rankings cheer me up. I look at my team and it certainly doesn't appear to be a middle of the road team, but at least something says that it is...

• Like Like x 1
  15. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    7th toughest schedule in the MLB.