2039 / 2040 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by NeuroticTruth, Feb 2, 2015.

1. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    The Dugout

Congrats to HAL9100 and the Phillies for winning their 3rd World Series ring. Can you say 'dynasty'?

DO NOT MAKE FREE AGENT OFFERS UNTIL AFTER SIM #1

You are responsible for making sure Rule 5 eligible players are protected. We're no longer fixing mistakes if a player gets drafted "on accident".

#1: 2/03/15 - Sim to 12/1 - Arbitration / awards processed during sim. Once file is up you may protect players from the Rule 5 draft / create in game draft lists. Also, FA opens up after this sim.

#2: 2/04/15 - Sim to 1/1 - Rule 5 draft processed - First sim of FA signings.

#3: 2/05/15 - Sim to 2/1 - Second sim of FA signings.

#4: 2/06/15 - Sim to 2/26 - Last sim of offseason FA signings. Start of Spring Training.

#5: 2/07/15 - Sim to 4/1 - Disable suspensions for Spring Training and sim ST. Re-enable suspensions and lower DFA to 22 days and waivers to 12 days at the end of the sim.

#6: 2/08/15 - Opening Day!

Reminders

Teams receiving a financial strike:
    • None.

Teams with current financial strikes:
    • None.

The draft lottery will be up Tuesday or Wednesday.

Don't forget development budgets may now be updated at any time during the offseason.

Do Not forget about contract rules in the league description. Team, Player and Vesting options are BANNED!!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Uploading the file now, it should be up shortly.

Offseason Sim #1 will be TOMORROW.

The NBL is now gone and players have been moved to their respective teams. I had some issue with pro time transferring with the players, so if they had NBL pro experience, I just put them on 3 year, 4M per year deals (which all but a few prospects got). I also made a change that the Draft Pool will now reveal during Sim #1 (versus previously revealing in Sim #4). This will give us more time for the draft and should allow us to continue 24 hour sims throughout the season versus having to slow down.

• Like Like x 2
  3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Dang it, oh well on NBL

4. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

ty5oke You've become the new kdpnutter. Cut it out

upload_2015-2-2_15-32-8.png
    ^ 28 yr old and two 25 yr olds

upload_2015-2-2_15-32-52.png
    ^27 yr old pitcher

upload_2015-2-2_15-31-24.png

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

HALL OF FAME

upload_2015-2-3_0-2-29.png

Pour a little out for him and BigSmooth33

6. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

So.. I tried to find this thread and come to find out its a sticky. Why the heck is an active thread stickied?

7. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Welcome back to the Dugout.. :banghead:

• Like Like x 1
  8. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    2040 Budget.png

The Dugout pretty much broke even this year losing just $8 Mil collectively.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Uploading:
    #1: 2/03/15 - Sim to 12/1 - Arbitration / awards processed during sim. Once file is up you may protect players from the Rule 5 draft / create in game draft lists. Also, FA opens up after this sim.

TOMORROW:
    #2: 2/04/15 - Sim to 1/1 - Rule 5 draft processed - First sim of FA signings.

10. moshingpenguin

moshingpenguin Walk On

question about things that transfered over from NPB, as of now it shows STL KENJI OIKE available for the rule 5.... but it doesn't look like he should be, correct? Just want to check.

11. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Looks like you're correct to me. He's on the active roster but didn't get on the 40 man roster somehow.

Ryty

12. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Pulling final exports for Sim #2.

13. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Rule 5 Draft
    Chicago Cubs: Lost LF Michael Cantrell in the Rule 5 Draft to the Florida Marlins.
    Florida Marlins: Drafted LF Michael Cantrell in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 1, 1st overall Pick), from the Chicago Cubs.
    New York Mets: Lost RF Justin Brown in the Rule 5 Draft to the Kansas City Royals.
    Kansas City Royals: Drafted RF Justin Brown in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 7, 7th overall Pick), from the New York Mets.
    New York Yankees: Lost LF Javier Avilés in the Rule 5 Draft to the San Diego Padres.
    San Diego Padres: Drafted LF Javier Avilés in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 10, 10th overall Pick), from the New York Yankees.
    Pittsburgh Pirates: Lost MR Conner Lynch in the Rule 5 Draft to the Boston Red Sox.
    Boston Red Sox: Drafted MR Conner Lynch in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 14, 14th overall Pick), from the Pittsburgh Pirates.
    Boston Red Sox: Lost CL Jared Gardner in the Rule 5 Draft to the New York Yankees.
    New York Yankees: Drafted CL Jared Gardner in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 17, 17th overall Pick), from the Boston Red Sox.
    Chicago Cubs: Lost MR Jorge Feliciano in the Rule 5 Draft to the Detroit Tigers.
    Detroit Tigers: Drafted MR Jorge Feliciano in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 18, 18th overall Pick), from the Chicago Cubs.
    Milwaukee Brewers: Lost RF Cody Kinney in the Rule 5 Draft to the Baltimore Orioles.
    Baltimore Orioles: Drafted RF Cody Kinney in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 22, 22nd overall Pick), from the Milwaukee Brewers.
    Chicago White Sox: Lost CL Floyd Curtis in the Rule 5 Draft to the Colorado Rockies.
    Colorado Rockies: Drafted CL Floyd Curtis in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 25, 25th overall Pick), from the Chicago White Sox.
    Chicago Cubs: Lost SP Javier Martínez in the Rule 5 Draft to the Houston Astros.
    Houston Astros: Drafted SP Javier Martínez in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 26, 26th overall Pick), from the Chicago Cubs.
    New York Mets: Lost C Bob Kantake in the Rule 5 Draft to the Minnesota Twins.
    Minnesota Twins: Drafted C Bob Kantake in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 29, 29th overall Pick), from the New York Mets.
    New York Mets: Lost LF Jack Krestalude in the Rule 5 Draft to the Philadelphia Phillies.
    Philadelphia Phillies: Drafted LF Jack Krestalude in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 1, Pick 30, 30th overall Pick), from the New York Mets.
    Anaheim Angels: Lost MR Ernesto Estrada in the Rule 5 Draft to the Florida Marlins.
    Florida Marlins: Drafted MR Ernesto Estrada in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 1, 31st overall Pick), from the Anaheim Angels.
    Cincinnati Reds: Lost CF Jeremy Moore in the Rule 5 Draft to the San Diego Padres.
    San Diego Padres: Drafted CF Jeremy Moore in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 10, 40th overall Pick), from the Cincinnati Reds.
    San Francisco Giants: Lost SS David Henry in the Rule 5 Draft to the New York Yankees.
    New York Yankees: Drafted SS David Henry in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 17, 47th overall Pick), from the San Francisco Giants.
    Chicago White Sox: Lost 1B Freddie DeWitt in the Rule 5 Draft to the Baltimore Orioles.
    Baltimore Orioles: Drafted 1B Freddie DeWitt in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 22, 52nd overall Pick), from the Chicago White Sox.
    Minnesota Twins: Lost 1B Foster Williams in the Rule 5 Draft to the Colorado Rockies.
    Colorado Rockies: Drafted 1B Foster Williams in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 25, 55th overall Pick), from the Minnesota Twins.
    Chicago Cubs: Lost SP Tim Bryant in the Rule 5 Draft to the Houston Astros.
    Houston Astros: Drafted SP Tim Bryant in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 26, 56th overall Pick), from the Chicago Cubs.
    Detroit Tigers: Lost SP Ken Smith in the Rule 5 Draft to the Philadelphia Phillies.
    Philadelphia Phillies: Drafted SP Ken Smith in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 2, Pick 30, 60th overall Pick), from the Detroit Tigers.
    Texas Rangers: Lost CL Wamochia Mutahi in the Rule 5 Draft to the Florida Marlins.
    Florida Marlins: Drafted CL Wamochia Mutahi in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 3, Pick 1, 61st overall Pick), from the Texas Rangers.
    Boston Red Sox: Lost 3B David Andrews in the Rule 5 Draft to the San Diego Padres.
    San Diego Padres: Drafted 3B David Andrews in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 3, Pick 10, 70th overall Pick), from the Boston Red Sox.
    Pittsburgh Pirates: Lost 2B Kenny Doyle in the Rule 5 Draft to the New York Yankees.
    New York Yankees: Drafted 2B Kenny Doyle in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 3, Pick 17, 77th overall Pick), from the Pittsburgh Pirates.
    Cleveland Indians: Lost 1B Melvin Hicks in the Rule 5 Draft to the Baltimore Orioles.
    Baltimore Orioles: Drafted 1B Melvin Hicks in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 3, Pick 22, 82nd overall Pick), from the Cleveland Indians.
    Houston Astros: Lost SP Brian Boyd in the Rule 5 Draft to the Philadelphia Phillies.
    Philadelphia Phillies: Drafted SP Brian Boyd in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 3, Pick 30, 90th overall Pick), from the Houston Astros.
    Houston Astros: Lost MR César Navarro in the Rule 5 Draft to the Florida Marlins.
    Florida Marlins: Drafted MR César Navarro in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 4, Pick 1, 91st overall Pick), from the Houston Astros.
    Texas Rangers: Lost MR José Durán in the Rule 5 Draft to the New York Yankees.
    New York Yankees: Drafted MR José Durán in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 4, Pick 17, 107th overall Pick), from the Texas Rangers.
    Washington Nationals: Lost MR Gabriel Contreras in the Rule 5 Draft to the Florida Marlins.
    Florida Marlins: Drafted MR Gabriel Contreras in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 5, Pick 1, 121st overall Pick), from the Washington Nationals.
    Detroit Tigers: Lost SP José Vázquez in the Rule 5 Draft to the New York Yankees.
    New York Yankees: Drafted SP José Vázquez in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 5, Pick 17, 137th overall Pick), from the Detroit Tigers.
    Houston Astros: Lost MR Todd Carlson in the Rule 5 Draft to the Florida Marlins.
    Florida Marlins: Drafted MR Todd Carlson in the 2039 Rule 5 Draft (Round 6, Pick 1, 151st overall Pick), from the Houston Astros.

14. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    rschwep I voided Vincent Hampton's extension, you're going to have to re offer him. Please make sure you re-read the rules thread and offer extensions that follow contract guidelines.

15. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
  16. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Blaza, I went ahead and just removed you. It had been 12 days since you last exported and you exported today just to put your team on CPU control. I have people on the wait list that will legitimately be active. That being said kdpnutter, I've readded you as the Atlanta Braves.

• Like Like x 1
  18. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Uploading now.

Next sim: Tomorrow - Sim #3.

19. Lou

Lou Walk On

Hey welcome back nutter!!!

20. rschwep

rschwep Always Rebuilding

Featured Threads:
    I read the rules and thought both extensions were in compliance, which rule did I break?

Sorry fellas still getting the hang of this I guess.

21. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    He had a player option and some of the years werent within 20% of the highest.

22. rschwep

Featured Threads:
    I thought I took off all of the options. Apologies. I guess when he rejected a offer and came back with a counter, that got rechecked and I didn't notice. I'll be more vigilant.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Lou

Lou Walk On

that happens.

24. rschwep

Featured Threads:
    Trust me I was even out with my cell phone calculator trying to ensure I had within 20%. Damn Vincent's agents trying to trick me into a penalty with their shady counter offers...

25. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    You are far from the only one breaking out the calculator on every offer.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1