2039 Dugout RPI: Movie Edition

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by HAL9100, Jan 27, 2015.

1. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    August 21st, 2039 Dugout RPI Rankings

Screen Shot 2015-01-27 at 9.57.31 AM.png
    • PI: There's been a new feature added to the RPI. In addition to showing RPI progress throughout the season, I'm now also breaking it down the season into thirds and showing how the RPI would look if only that third existed. I've been a little late with these this year so it's not exactly broken up into thirds this year, but RPI 2/3 for example is as if the whole league started at 0-0 on June 11th and what their records would've been by August 21st. Hopefully that makes sense. If it doesn't, ask and I'll try to explain it better.
    • Rocky IV: The underdog and small market Minnesota Twins have battled their way to the top of the RPI for the first time ever. How could such a small and overmatched team compete with the Soviet machine of Ivan Drago. Will their heart carry them to their first World Championship since 1991 or will the monsters around them beat them down when the time comes?
    • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: This season must have the Mariners wanting to erase some of their memories from the 2039 season. It's pretty well recognized by the league and by the RPI that the AL West is likely the toughest division by far. They have a combined winning record against the Astros, Angels, and Athletics. Mix in the Rangers and they're just below .500. Being around .500 in the AL West should be a great sign though. But no, they are getting wrecked by these wannabes with weird hair colors and have just a .376 winning percentage against non-AL West teams. On the other hand though, maybe this is a sign that the AL West is overrated and that the Mariners should just accept the bad times and enjoy the good ones.
    • Memento: The Rockies started the year at the top of the RPI, but from the new feature, the Rockies were the 2nd worst team in the league in the middle of the season. Have they suffered from some memory loss about how good they were and being taken advantage by the rest of the league or are they setting up a series of events which will lead to the eventual murder of teams in the playoffs?
    • The Godfather: The Cubs family has enjoyed a lot of success over the last decade under the leadership of Don Vito Roggie but now the Tattaglia Reds have backed Shaun 'Mason' Sollozzo and they've attempted to assassinate the Don and usurp the Cubs family. Are the Cubs sleeping with the fishes or will they come back stronger than ever and beat back the challengers?

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

12th in the 2/3 RPI sounds about right to me. We've really been struggling at times this season and need a strong finish to make the playoffs.

Didn't realize the M's were doing that well vs the AL West, thought it was just against me.

This reminds me. I still haven't seen Memento.

3. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    It's one of my favorite movies. Highly recommended.

4. Lou

Lou Walk On

nice work as always....I'm thinking my major slide has to do with losing all 5 SP to injury, along with my MVP Goian and 4 other offensive starters....at one point 13 starters were on the DL.

5. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Well, most of your team is fragile or wrecked, so it's not surprising they all get hurt.

6. Lou

Lou Walk On

Haha! Actually most of my injured were normal, not Fragile. Some have changed to fragile due to multiple injuries or injuries lasting over 4 months but 13 starters out for injury is beyond insane. That I'm still winning the division is a complete shock to me

7. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

The computer put down 6 of my starters at the same time they were crushing your team.