2041 Media Days

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by Roggie, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    The Dugout

Come on, new guys. Do it. Gives you a reason to look more into the league as a whole instead of focusing so much on your own organization.

1. How do you feel about last season's team? Did you over or under achieve? Any players who had breakout season or underperformed for the year?

2. How do you feel about the offseason? Any key losses from last season? What additions did you make?

3. Any prospects coming up this season? Who do you feel will break through this season and make an impact?

4. Predict your division standings at EOS? And WS matchup/winner?

5. Who had the best offseason (trades and FA requirements considered)?

6. Who do you think will have a breakout year this season (not from your own team)?

7. Tell us about your favorite prospect in your system, and why you like him so much.

8. Predict the Cy Young / MVP winners.

2. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

1. How do you feel about last season's team? Did you over or under achieve? Any players who had breakout season or underperformed for the year?
    We absolutely fell apart after the ASG. I think my win percentage was .250 or something. Taylor had a very solid year for me, that's about it.

2. How do you feel about the offseason? Any key losses from last season? What additions did you make?

I added quite a few power bats. Dave Fei is a good signing, we also signed Jose Rincon, Glenn Brown, Mark Bryant, and some other solid pieces. I think I spent my money wisely.
    3. Any prospects coming up this season? Who do you feel will break thorugh this season and make an impact?
    I'm hoping Redden will but up Joe Quate like numbers, but with my park I would just be happy with an above average OPS. He is the only guy who got called up.
    Phillies
    Mets
    Braves
    Marlins
    Nats

WS- Texas over Chicago 4-2
    I did, except no one knows it yet.
    6. Who do you think will have a breakout year this season (not from your own team)?
    Jerry "The Douchebag" Mason
    7. Tell us about your favorite prospect in your system, and why you like him so much.
    I'm not in love with any of them, but Robert Kisner should develop into a very solid #2 pitcher.
    MVP's- Gregory Taylor, Doug Ryder
    Cy Young- Longo, Mitchell

3. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:

We made the WS, but ran into one of the best pitching staffs ever as part of a matchup that was awful for us (all their lefty bats teeing off on our righty arms and our lefty bats getting killed by their lefty arms). I can't ever complain about a WS trip, even if it means more scrubs talking crap.

Sixto Rodriguez had a huge season, bringing home the MVP award. NL was weak when it came to bats, so it wasn't an MVP season on par with some in the past, but he still had an outstanding season. Longo came home with his 2nd straight Cy Young. Carlos Ramirez had a fantastic rookie campaign as well. Myron Floyd came up big most of the year in his first year in the rotation.

Our catchers flat out sucked. We tried 5 different catchers, and none were worth a damn.

We lost a few pieces, but didn't really lose anyone that was a major piece to the team. The biggest one was Ota, who never performed up to his talent level in Chicago. We gained WAR from last year without ever signing a guy, so that shows you what we lost.

The only ML piece we added was Bill Whiffen, who was brought back after a season in Baltimore. Hopefully he can at least hit over .200, unlike the bums we had last year.

Our big grab this offseason was Korean import Dong-Ook Kim, who may have a mediocre dong but but has immense potential as an outfielder. Good thing the women will want him for his money.

3. Any prospects coming up this season? Who do you feel will break through this season and make an impact?

We have a trio of infield prospects who are on the cusp. Salvador Lopez has been ready to take over a starting job in the majors since about the all star break of last year, but we have a log jam in the infield right now and it's better for him to get every day reps in AAA. Juan Medina and Luke Molyneaux are also ready for the majors, but are blocked. Dave Lewis will have a short string, as will Eli Perez. OF Manuel Rivera is also close, but won't see ML time unless injuries hit or he develops more.

Cubs
    Pirates
    Reds
    Brewers
    Cardinals

Rangers over Cubs in 6.

This was a pretty lackluster offseason. No big moves. The 2 losers were Boston and Atlanta, but I can't really pick a winner out.

Barrett Taylor could have a big year for Texas this season.

[​IMG]

I've got a few specs I'm big on, but my favorite is definitely Salvador Lopez. An undervalued INT FA years ago, Lopez lost favor with our scouts right away but then hooked up with the right coaches and blew up. He's a great defender at 2b, will hit for a high average, has plenty of pop, and should have a good OBP. He's only 23 and would be starting for almost every single team in the league right now, with more development still to come. He should compete for MVP awards within the next 3 seasons.

Cy Young:
    NL: Longo gets the threepeat.
    AL: Manuel wins it for the Yanks.

MVP:
    NL: It's Randall Kerr's time to shine.
    AL: Mark Zhulidov is a monster for Minny.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  4. PhiGuy179

PhiGuy179 Walk On

I feel like my team over achieved for sure. I think for what I had I got the most out of them. Breakout players for me would have to include Sims, Crimp, and Simpson. These guys were all big time players in my orginzation.

Well to start obviously losing Rodriguez was a huge blunder that at one point was thought to cripple my organizations future. I was struggling with my teams future at that point in time, however at the same time we weren't really willing to invest over 15,000 in a player that technically only had one good year for us. With that being said we took a strategy we incorporated last year that seemed to be successful with that being the use of signing players who had good numbers the year before to one year deals. These players are brought in to assist our core members.

Key Signings

Pedro Solis- A proven winner who at his time with the Twins provided a great option in the rotation. We expect Pedro to lead us this season in pitching.

Angle Gonzalez- Another veteran with proven winning ties. Gonzalez is expected to step right into our lineup and provide some pop out of the number 3-5 spot. Gonzalez will help provide our team with some leadership that might have been lacking in the final stretch of the year.

Jean Chevalier- A proven arm out of the pen that will help bride the gap that the Brewers seemingly lacked last year when the team opted to go to the relievers. Jean himself has stated that he would be open to the opportunity to pitch in the rotation which is an idea that is still being discussed
    internally.

Reginald Pontiu- A season veteran who understands the point of keeping the ball on the ground. Pontiu brings a hardworking mentality to the Brewers and is looking forward on stabilizing a rotation that was shaky at best last year.

The Brewers have a number of prospects who are of high value. Most of the talent in the farm system this year lies at the low levels, however Chris Little figures to make an impact at first as well as at the backstop. Another prospect that many are very high on is Harvey Savard who was asked to move back to his former position at center with the oncoming emergence of Crimp. Savard many believe is still at best a year away from making a immediate impact for the Brewers, however with the new focus on the farm system the Brewers believe a late season appearance is not out of question.

Cubs
    BREWERS
    Pittsburgh
    Reds
    Cards

Arizona over Rangers

I would say the team with the best off-season would be the Diamondbacks. They gave the state of Arizona a reason to believe in 2041.

Shane Dyment. Dyment has all the tools to really break out and be a force this year in the NL West. Dyment has been in the major leagues for 2 years, however he has never been more prepared in his life to take on a full 162 game season.

My favorite prospect in my system would have the be Emerson Parks. He has the tools to become a force in the outfield as well as on the mound. At the moment the focus is to get Emerson ready to play in the outfield as soon as possible, however a possible move to the starting rotation is not out of the cards.

NL MVP- Chris Sims
    AL MVP- Doug Ryder

NL CY Young- Naoki Morimoto
    AL CY Young- Jorge Henadez

5. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I'm pretty happy with last season's team - we were 79-24 at the All-Star break and led the division by 20+ games, so we basically shut it down after that and gave young guys/backups a lot of playing time to make sure no key starters were injured come playoff time. Finished with 108 wins and steamrolled through the White Sox in the Divisional Round, but ran into a buzzsaw in the Yankees. No shame in losing in 6 games to that rotation.

Fairly quiet offseason for us - we waited until February to go after anyone. Signed Milwaukee's old starter, Iguana to a solid contract after he posted a 6+ WAR year last season. Also got an ok utility OF from Houston in rule 5, and signed 3B Palacios from Detroit. We think his power vs righties will really fit in well in Arlington.

This man:

[​IMG]
    And this man:
    [​IMG]

Nuff said.

AL West is always tough and any of the top four teams have a shot at winning it.

Rangers
    Angels
    A's
    Astros
    Mariners

World series: Yankees repeat and beat the Phillies in 5

Seemed like a pretty lackluster offseason to me. I like what the Brewers added (and gave to me;)), I think they're a team possibly on the rise.

Weird choice, but I think Bill Matte is going to go off for the Reds this season in that ballpark. He did well for me as an injury call up last season, and righty bats straight rake in Cincy.

[​IMG]
    Don't think I have to explain myself much. He's one of my all-time favorite specs, simply because he was a second-round pick that died, blew his arm out twice, and then completely revived himself. Go check out his career scouting report for a good chuckle.

AL: Larsen / Ryder

NL: Glider / Kerr

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  6. CxMacx10

CxMacx10 Walk On

Slight underachievement with a kate season collapse to miss out on the post season. Injuries (as always) were an issue. John Collier burst onto the scene for us. Totally unexpected contribution and breakout for him. Manuel Serna had a rough first half but started to come on towards the end. I expect a better year from Tim Dickson this season too. The bullpen was atrocious.

Uuno Hanninen is gone after a long stint with the team but we traded for Hampton who is slightly better for the obscene amount of money. Alfonso Cuellar being healthy would be a welcome addition. We also made multiple additions in the bullpen to hopefully fix that issue. Biggest name there is obviously the addition Elton Rice who should be a massive upgrade over Jose Reyes as closer.

Catcher Jeff Arroyo is fighting to be the opening day starter at catcher. The position was the weakest spot in the lineup a season ago and he certainly could add pop if he gets the nod as the starter. Harry Pearson could solidify a spot int he rotation as well.

Arizona
    Colorado
    San Francisco
    San Diego
    Los Angeles

A lot of teams got better. I like what I did but dont think it stands out vs other teams.

If Lopez indeed gets a starting job in Chicago, he could be the type of rookie who breaks out from the start.

The System is weak admittedly. Jeff Arroyo is the stud standout who may be in the majors but hes certainly my favoritein the system. Elite Power.

R.Glider/M.Larsen for Cy Young
    R.Kerr/J.Rodriguez

7. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

I was annoyed. It was a team capable of repeating as WS champs but it all fell apart thanks to massive amounts of injuries and September and August. No real breakout players, just a bunch of players continuing to do what they do.

Really really satisfied by this offseason. We were forced to let C Tommy Thomas and RF Angel Gonzales walk due to excessive demands, but we won't miss a step with them gone. Fehmi Ceka's ability to play RF or 3B allowed us to acquire a lot of potential replacements for Gonzales. After numerous SP injuries last year, we needed more depth there and was able to sign SP Alberto Torres to a very friendly contract. He should be great as a #5 for us.

C Jerry Mason will be getting called up to replace Tommy Thomas. He's better defensively and has better power than Thomas, so we may even improve by letting Thomas walk. We added 5 or 6 Rule 5 players that I am very excited about but their roles are still to be determined.

1. Phillies
    2. Nationals
    3. Marlins
    4. Mets
    5. Braves

Pirates over Astros

Probably the Diamondbacks. They let some players walk and added a contract that I didn't like, but for a team that was already competitive last year, they made some moves to really usurp the Rockies.

Looks like Ze-Dong Pi may be getting the call this year for the Nationals, so I'll go with him.

I don't really have favorites since I only focus on stats, but I'm hoping that SS Edward Warren will pan out so that I'll have an insurance policy for Cy Bailey and maybe be able to free myself of a big contract down the line.

NL MVP: 2B Bill Murdock
    NL Cy Young: SP Richard Gilder

AL MVP: C Doug Ryder
    AL Cy Young: SP Maxwell Larsen

8. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Well, it would seem hard to criticize a playoff appearance, but we're gonna do it because we're new, and literally everyone walked. Literally everyone. At least there was 70 mil left to play with.

The bare cupboard was a little overwhelming, and it was disappointing to miss the first round FA's on the second sim. That being said, we were able to use our financial flexibility to bring in some heavy bats and acquire some prospects from the Diamondbacks, and signed almost all of the targets we wanted. Did a lot of work filling out the minor league system, but probably didn't put enough money in the development budget to really see a marked difference this year.

Terry MacKnight appears ready to make the leap from AA...he's got a ton of potential, hopefully he can compete at this level. We're excited to see Tony Munoz take over the closer role from Elton Rice.

Philadelphia
    NY Mets
    Washington
    Atlanta
    Florida

ARZ over TEX in 7

The Diamondbacks made some moves that definitely positioned them to "win now"...the Yankees seem to be performing much like they're real life counterparts in the Steinbrenner years with the Thomas acquistion.

Honestly haven't scouted every other teams as much as I'd like, especially in regards to this year and last. I'm excited to see how it all pans out.

Really happy with newly acquired Jim Robbins from Arizona. Should be a nice replacement for Nick Wright in 2042. Kyle Hennessey is also a very exciting arm that I'm looking forward to moving through the system.

Still can't find stats and things from last year...so I'm not really sure. Will update when I find it.

9. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Oakland had a solid season last year, and Doug Ryder had a monster season last year finishing second in the MVP vote.

It was terrible. I fucked up and offered arbitration to two guys that I shouldn't have. I made no additions, because I'm a moron.

Todd Anderson will be a big time contributor.

Texas
    Oakland
    Anaheim
    Houston
    Seattle

Yankees/Cubs

Anyone not running the As

I'm not sure

Santiago Rodriguez he is in A ball, but will be promoted quickly this year.

Maxwell Larsen/ Doug Ryder

10. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

I felt we under-achieved last season. I was expecting to compete for a wild card spot but the team just got worse as the year went along. SP Tim Dennis was the guy who surprised me the most during the season, I initially threw him as the #5 guy after my Rule V guy went down in ST. He ended up being the most consistent pitcher on the staff and earned himself a role for this season.

Lost a few guys that were regulars last season (SP Peters, SP Hicks, C Gunter and some other role players). I offered the comp money to SP Scott and 3B Stephens expecting them to reject but both accepted. During the offseason I picked up SP Ouwerkerk whose had a solid career for the Giants and will fit in the middle of my rotation. Everyone else I picked up was just role players to fill some roles.

SP Vicente Aleman was the closest to making the team out of spring training but now is out for the season with injury. SP Forrest Garcia may eventually get a call if the rotation fails during the season.

Texas/A's/Astros/Angels/M's
    Texas over Phillies in 6

Some small trades but I think the Braves moves were good.

I think it's time for WAS 2B David Howard to play to his ratings. If not, then I'm willing to trade for him.

OF Bill Saunders because NeuroticTruth gave him to me

AL: SP Joseph Mitchell / OF Jesus Gonzalez
    NL: SP Richard Gilder / C Salvador Baca if he can stay healthy

• Like Like x 2
  11. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    I hate you so much.

• Funny Funny x 1