2042 Media Days

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by Roggie, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    The Dugout

Come on, slackers.

1. How do you feel about last season's team? Did you over or under achieve? Any players who had breakout season or underperformed for the year?

2. How do you feel about the offseason? Any key losses from last season? What additions did you make?

3. Any prospects coming up this season? Who do you feel will break through this season and make an impact?

4. Predict your division standings at EOS? And WS matchup/winner?

5. Who had the best offseason (trades and FA requirements considered)?

6. Who do you think will have a breakout year this season (not from your own team)?

7. What manager would you call your "rival" in The Dugout?

8. Predict the Cy Young / MVP winners.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    1. How do you feel about last season's team? Did you over or under achieve? Any players who had breakout season or underperformed for the year?

Over achieved, I suppose. We were solid for 5 months and then got killed in September by injuries. Figured that would end any shot at winning the World Series in 2041 but we managed to battle and come away with our 4th Championship in 9 years.

SS Pedro Gomez had a breakout year in 2041. He was a former Rule V 2B that we picked up from the Astros a few seasons ago. He needed some more seasoning in the minors though and got called back up last year when we lost All-Star SS Cy Bailey for the year. He proved to almost be an improvement over Bailey which was incredibly lucky.

2. How do you feel about the offseason? Any key losses from last season? What additions did you make?

It was a fairly inactive offseason. I don't believe we really lost anyone and brought back just about everyone. We did bring in a few Rule V players that will just be role players for us.

3. Any prospects coming up this season? Who do you feel will break through this season and make an impact?

It's almost the exact same team as last year so there's no one coming up. SP Justin Pole broke out in the playoffs last year so hopefully he'll continue that trend in the 2042 season.

1. Philadelphia Phillies
    2. New York Mets
    3. Washington Nationals
    4. Florida Marlins
    5. Atlanta Braves

Phillies over Yankees

Probably the Cubs and the Rangers.

6. Who do you think will have a breakout year this season (not from your own team)?

2B Salvador Lopez on the Cubs. He had a solid year in 2041, but he's poised to become a star player for them this year.

I suppose Roggie since it seems like we're destined to meet in the playoffs every year. We've made the World Series 58% of the time since 2030 and 71% of the time since 2035.

NL Cy Young: SP Tim Harrell
    NL MVP: C Jerry Mason

AL Cy Young: SP Joseph Mitchell
    AL MVP: RF Mark Zhulidov

• Like Like x 1
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  3. CxMacx10

CxMacx10 Walk On

We won 95 games and won the NL west for the first time since i took over the club. We probably overachieved a touch in the win column but a division crown was always the goal.

3B Martin Colon was a big key for us. Finally cutting ties with Mario Rivera an bringing in Colon who was able to post over a 1 WAR in just a 3rd of a season. Marvin Spence was a surprise and became a consistent number 3 in our rotation after Rob Low blew out his arm though he has since been traded. We keep expecting bigger things from Alfonso Cuellar at the plate but his defense and his total WAR hardly make him an underachiever in the traditional sense.

We traded longtime contributor at 1B Ryan Stephenson to Atlanta. Also sent Marvin Spence to LA. Made some moves to get some depth in what is one of the weakest farm systems in the league. We did make a couple additions to the bullpen and tried to strengthen the back of the rotation with longtime veterans.

I would say Jeff Arroyo for second year in a row but again, an injury has derailed the promising catcher. No prospects look to make the jump into an already solid team.

1. Diamondbacks
    2. Rockies
    3. Dodgers
    4. Padres
    5. Giants

Cubs over Yankees in 6. :roggie:

I think the Dodgers really strengthened their team. They were aggressive in trading and free agency. It wouldnt surprise me to see them hang around the playoff hunt if their pitching overachieves a touch

Gotta agree with Hal. Salvador Lopez should be a stud this season and may finally push the Cubbies over the mountain.

Definitely rschwep. Good friend who I enjoy beating in any and all competitions. Always in good fun but i always look forward to my matchups with the Padres.

NL Cy- Harrell (PHI)
    NL MVP- Lopez (CHC)

AL Cy - Mitchell (NYY)
    AL MVP - Thomas (NYY)

• Like Like x 1
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  4. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Well, we got roughed up by an offseason rift between management and ownership, and it showed. I would not recommend letting everyone go, and not signing anyone until the second sim for any up and coming manager.

The offseason was pretty moot as I tied up my budget last season with the anticipation that 2043 we will have close to 30 million available for the final upgrades needed to make this a competitive roster. The little room that we did have available was used by adding several core bats to the lineup that should be cornerstones for the next few years in Atlanta. Unloading Ito's contract was huge.

Cecil Foster is currently up in the bullpen, but may quickly be sent back down based on some possible bullpen moves. Jim Robbins also was tabbed as our center fielder platoon, and already has four home runs this season. Hopefully his average bounces back with some babip balance.

NYY, BAL, TOR, TB, BOS
    DET, CLE, KC, MIN, CWS
    ANA, HOU, TEX, OAK, SEA

PHI, NYM, ATL, WAS, FLA
    CHC, PIT, CIN, STL, MIL
    ARZ, LAD, COL, SD, SF

BAL v. NYM ... BAL 2042 WS CHAMPS

Detroit got Solis for what I consider a fair deal to already bolster that strong team, and Los Angeles Dodgers could see the biggest improvement this year from last. #eliperez

I think Baltimore takes the East and makes it to the World Series.

Usually KnightNoles and I have a good sparring match on GroupMe during our series, and seem to beat up on each other fairly frequently. Ryan Schwepfinger of San Diego is my rival for dumping me with Jose Garcia (kind of joking)...and I foresee Coco Jones in Florida quickly becoming a rival as well.

AL CY: Joseph Mitchell, NYY
    NL CY: Tim Harrell, PHI

AL MVP: Charles Eldridge, DET
    NL MVP: Salvador Baca, NYM

5. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:

We did what we were supposed to do in the regular season. We had the best team on paper, and finished with the best record. But once again, we choked when it counted and lost to the Phillies in the NLCS.

We didn't do anything in the FA market, but we made some big trades. We finally got a big talent catcher in Henry Cole from the Dodgers, although it was a costly trade. Didn't like giving up Eli Perez, who has the talent to be a huge DH, but we had nowhere to play him. Traded a couple of prospects as well. Manuel Rivera destroyed AAA last year, but we had no room for him in the OF this season, and Mitch Harrison is an OF spec we liked but is only a teenager and nowhere near ML ready.

Our other big move was trading former NL MVP Sixto Rodriguez, middle infielder Dave Lewis, and former 1st round pick Myron Floyd to Atlanta for LF Scott McDonald. We got ourselves a player who our scouts have been drooling over. He's a high contact, high avoid K bat who played a gold glove level left field in Atlanta, and we also shed the high salary Sixto had earned, which would have been wasted sitting on the bench behind Carlos Ramirez. Trading both Sixto and Lewis did force us to sign the veteran Ken Welch in FA to be a backup utility infielder.

As of now, we are expecting to have 3 rookies on the roster for the entire season: SS Juan Medina, RP Manny Ramirez, and SP/RP Ricardo Rodriguez.

Juan Medina is a top 10 prospect who is a 5 tool player. He's also very young (22 years old as of Opening Day), so we expect him to go through some ups and downs as he realizes his talent. But he played very well in his late season stint last year and was a solid contributor in the playoffs, so we feel he's ready for the big show.

The aptly named Manny Ramirez is a prospect out of Panama who has steadily improved as he has advanced through the ranks. Wearing #99 just like his namesake, we expect him to be a fan favorite out of the pen after destroying AAA hitting last season.

Ricardo Rodriguez has been in our system for what feels like forever. We acquired him in a trade with Texas ages ago and have watched him improve to where he is now. We feel there's a little left in the tank for him to find, but he will be our emergency starter and an arm in our pen all season.

Youngsters who could contribute but also spend part, if not all, of the year in AAA (injury depth): OF Jose Augustina, OF Lucio Herrera, SP Jacob Millar

Cubs
    Pirates
    Reds
    Brewers
    Cardinals

It's an even year, so Texas over Cubs in 5.

I like what Texas did, even if HarkTheSound is an asshole for trading for Ice Cream after telling me he was ass 2 seasons ago.

I'll stick with a player I know and say Luke Molyneaux. Wouldn't shock me at all if he put up a 5 WAR season this year.

The obvious one is HAL9100 since we're always facing each other in the playoffs. The other one would have to be pitt4life21 since I have to listen to him for 2 seasons every time he wins a series vs me, and since we've battled each other ever since the Nippon days.

NL Cy: Tim Harrell
    MVP: Tim Harrell for the double (not sure if pitchers can get MVP on here, though). Position guy: Leon Gutierrez

AL Cy: Eduardo Banda turns into a Time Lord and wins it.
    MVP: can you pick anyone besides Eldridge?

• Like Like x 1
  6. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    • Last year was definitely an under achieving year. We won 102 games but getting outed in the ALDS was definitely not on the agenda. Monnier finally got out of his rookie year slump and beasted last year in his sophomore year. Joe Williams also vastly out performed expectations after a midseason trade.
    • The offseason was rather uneventful outside of trading Matt Clay for Jose Leon. The team is for the most part the same outside of the addition of CF David Walker.
    • Paco Turrubiates is getting the starting nod at 3B this year. He and 2B Joe Williams are the only two players who really have a chance to have a "break out" year as the rest of the team is the same as last year. That and CF David Walker has been rather disappointing in the first month and is now hurt.
    1. Baltimore
    2. New York
    3. Toronto
    4. Boston
    5. Tampa Bay
    • WS - Reds over Angels in 6.
    • Me. I upgraded my rotation (if thats even possible) while retaining / resigning (Buschhorn) largely the same squad that just won 102 games.
    • SP Nick Ward - Not a bad way to replace Tyler Fields.
    • I hate the Orioles so redwings8831 is a good choice. And despite his teams ineptitude I can never seem to beat Bondzai, he generally wins every series we have during the regular season.
    • AL Cy Young - SP Angel Manuel
    • AL MVP - 1B Michael Smith (because fuck Detroit)
    • NL Cy Young - SP Jeff Bailey
    • NL MVP - LF Terry Meyer

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lou

Lou Walk On

I felt we underachieved. We had bolstered the starting rotation and had solid hitters, but offense sputtered and we were outed in the Wild Card.
    Barnard really underperformed, as he blew a few key saves for us down the stretch. No real breakouts this year, hence the underachieving.

My offseason was solid. We picked up Donald Morton offensively (any time you can add a 70 contact guy, that's a plus) We also added a few guys via Rule 5 that will be good in a year or so. No losses that we felt hurt our team.

Doug Bell, Vega's heir apparent will be playing in the majors this season. I'm hoping he breaks thru as a possible ROY candidate?

1. Rockies
    2. D Bags
    3. Doyers
    4. Pads
    5. Giants

WS - Texas vs Cubbies, Cubs finally get off the snide.(unless we take them out in the playoffs!)

Yankees...

Mo-ruo Liu

I have a few.... CxMacx10 , who always seems to be fighting me for West dominance since he joined. rschwep cuz I can't seem to win vs him and Roggie cuz the bastard has knocked me out of the playoffs multiple times!

AL MVP - Mike Smith Toronto
    AL Cy - Ed Banda
    NL MVP - Pete Monz Cincy
    NL Cy - Tim Harrell Philly

• Like Like x 1