2044 Media Days

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by Roggie, May 17, 2015.

1. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    The Dugout

Come on, you lazy people. Spend 10 minutes on this and let's get some league content going.

1. How do you feel about last season's team? Did you over or under achieve? Any players who had breakout season or underperformed for the year?

2. How do you feel about the offseason? Any key losses from last season? What additions did you make?

3. Any prospects coming up this season? Who do you feel will break through this season and make an impact?

4. Predict your division standings at EOS AND WS matchup/winner?

5. Who had the best offseason (trades and FA requirements considered)?

6. Who do you think will have a breakout year this season (not from your own team)?

7. What transaction (trade, contract, letting a player go) do you regret the most in your entire tenure?

8. What are your owner's demands this year and how do you feel about them?

9. Predict the Cy Young / MVP winners.

Bonus question for this season: We just went through a huge league realignment. What are your thoughts on the realignment? (How do you feel about your division, your league, and other divisions?)

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  2. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

1. How do you feel about last season's team? Did you over or under achieve? Any players who had breakout season or underperformed for the year?

A: Underachieved. Big time. Should've won the division and made it to the WS. We played the A's tough in the season so we would've beat them in a 7 game series. Slow start, awful finish. Could've been a 90+ win team.

Aaron Battle, ROY. Underperformed Flores & Piper.

2. How do you feel about the offseason? Any key losses from last season? What additions did you make?

A: Great, losses. Well ya know, just the 3 best players on the team. Went in full throttle youth movement to fill my philosophy of managing better.

3. Any prospects coming up this season? Who do you feel will break through this season and make an impact?

A: Josh Salaun will be up at some point, Trevino will be in the rotation again in July or August as well. Seats will get fast tracked in the minors. Will join up in late August or September. Vern as well, all depends on how he does in AAA.

A: In order of winning the division Sox, D'backs, Twins, Rox, Cubs. But not really, opposite of that.

Won't do the rest, realignment sucks.

A: Cubs? A's? Anyone I gave an early christmas gift to?

6. Who do you think will have a breakout year this season (not from your own team)?

A: Diego Gonzalez, RP. Giants stole him from me, because well Landreth was still on my 40 man roster. #TeamExcuses

7. What transaction (trade, contract, letting a player go) do you regret the most?

A: None.

[​IMG]

A: Winning record, extend Pat Johnson (just released him). 33% chance we get 82 wins, I like my chances. For the extension one, yeah we aren't extending a mediocre 34 year old bench player.

CY Young: Vazquez Twins
    MVP: Zhuli A's

#TeamNoRealignment

Bonus question for this season: We just went through a huge league realignment. What are your thoughts on the realignment? (How do you feel about your division, your league, and other divisions?)

Well.

[​IMG]

I'm guessing owner TO is high, why not freshen up things with a splash. Would suck for the originals, original 6? Hockey talk? But as a newbie, I would've liked to see Sano hit 1000 HR's. And Buxton steal 1000 bags. Either way #Twins2055

Realignment =
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  3. Lou

Lou Walk On

Hard to say you underachieved when you go toe to toe with the eventual WS champion to get knocked out of the playoffs. Tim Meeks had a great breakout performance and ended up in the top 3 for ROY.

We had a solid offseason, mostly via trade. We lost a few role players but kept the core intact. We also went out and added Parks, Simmons, Thompson, Baker and Walter. All of whom have ended up on the opening day roster!

I don't see any prospects making the roster this season. Pancho Martinez may come up in September, but barring injury, I don't see any big changes.

1. Cubs
    2. Rockies
    3. Arizona
    4. Chicago WS
    5. Minny

WS - Cubs vs Yankees Cubs win

We did.

Juan Flores - Cubs

7. What transaction (trade, contract, letting a player go) do you regret the most?
    I would say my biggest regret was trading Chris Sims away, only because I had the opportunity to choose between him and George Hul in that trade and I unfortunately picked the wrong one to send, as Sims has been stellar and Hul died like a grape on a vine in the SoCal sun

I'm ok with his demands, he wanted me to improve my 1b, steals and make playoffs. He also wanted me to resign Cabrera, who I did, but it says on his page that I didn't.

MVP -Jesus Rodriguez
    CY Young - Angel Manuel

**Bonus - Not a fan of the realignment. Really hate that I'm stuck in a division with Roggie
    However, I will give NeuroticTruth and ty5oke the benefit of the doubt that they will do what's best for the league. I think the change has forced me to try to be much more proactive in improving my team, so if I end up with another WS out of it, I don't think I'd have room to bitch!

• Like Like x 1
  4. CxMacx10

CxMacx10 Walk On

Probably underachieved. Never though the bullpen would be the strong point of the team. Offense was the worst its been (injuries didnt help). Collier underperformed big time and I even expected more from Arroyo. Think the lineup being weaker than usual hurt everyone.

I think this was my best offseason as far as moves go. Pedro Flores is the big addition in the middle of the order. Should be significantly better on defense as well (I hope). Outfield in general should be much improved barring injury. We were 10 games over .500 vs RHP and just got murdered versus Lefties and every move we made this offseason was made with that in mind as well.

Benny Copeland is in the opening day rotation. He has nasty stuff and should have high K numbers but also give up some HRs and walk his share of guys. I would prefer him to be in AAA but out of option years while protecting him in rule 5 on 40 man and his blowup to being a solid prospect was recent. Harry Martinez is another pitcher who could see time before the year is over.

1. Cubs
    2. Rockies
    3. DBacks
    4. White Sox
    5. Twins

Cubs over Mets

Rockies made some nice moves. I really like what we did here in the desert too

Ill go with Emerson Parks. Was solid in Milwaukee but getting put in a better lineup should do nothing but help him.

I cant say i regret it, but i was a noob when i offered Dupont his deal. Never really tried to lower his demand. Negotiation was poor. Im expecting the Hampton trade to eventually kill me but he was arguably my best player last year.

The main goal for the year is play close to .500 ball. That was given prior to most of the moves we made and hopefully we achieve that easily. Increasing attendance is another owner goal that we should achieve....... The other two longer term goals are a bit crazy. One is to acquire a Cy Young winner. There are so many of those just laying around to pick up. The other is to reach the WS by 2047. In this division that seems more than unlikely.

EL: Manuel / Monnier
    WL: Longoria / Jesus Rodriguez

Still a tad confused on having people vote and then just going with something different than all of the introduced options. I was behind realignment happening for sure though. Totally understand the need. I think the WL on the whole is a slightly tougher league but i haven't been around as long as most people so ill trust the decision makers obviously.

Obviously depressing being in the same division with the two teams that played in the NLCS last season. Every team in my new division won at least 79 games last year and has the team that just set the best record of all time in it. We won the NL West two seasons ago and to be put in the Cubs division pretty much ripped hope of winning a division anytime soon away. That being said, some teams were going to be screwed in that way so I'm certainly not complaining. Just sucks. Under old divisions/leagues i would be confident that i would be fighting for a playoff spot until the end of the season and I'm not nearly as confident since realignment.

Again, just all my uneducated opinion on everything. Ive only been around since 2039 so I obviously not really qualified to make too harsh of a judgement on anything.

5. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Come on, you lazy people. Spend 10 minutes on this and let's get some league content going.

Obviously, very happy first playoff run since taking over the A's. Have had several winning seasons and a few WC births, but never could get over the hump. Losing in the WS to a dominant team was ok.

Well, the big signing was Mark Zhulidov. A big time bat and solid defensive LF that will give Doug Ryder more chances for RBI's. I think he is a top 10 player in MLB. Paid a hefty price, but I think it will be worth it.

With Jose Rincon going down with a shoulder injury (Thanks Mike) we will need someone to step up. A's may give Steven Fowler or Jim Robertson a shot at the 5 spot.

Oakland
    Anaheim
    SF
    LA
    Seattle

Yankees/Cubs -

WS - Cubs until someone beats them.

Not sure, I like the 1B that Houston added, but I really liked my move to add Zhuli and kept most of my team together from last year.

Augusto Martinez - Pittsburg Pirates. He had a great second half of the season and I think he becomes an All Star for them this year.

Im not thrilled with the Jack Gunn contract - but considering the market for young starting pitching I think it was necessary. Also, with Rincon being out for the season, Im regretting that I have him for 12 million this year, and 15 for next.

He wants me to re-sign Mark Vaughn, which I won't be doing and win a wold series in the next five years, which could be a bit tough.

AL CY Young - Manuel, until he stops winning them, he has to be the favorite
    AL MVP - Mark Zhulidov - Im all in on the Zhuli train this year
    NL Cy Young - Longoria - just sickness
    NL MVP -

Im glad that Im not playing Texas and Houston any more. I should have great gave revenue adding SF, LA to my division.

7. wSeals9

wSeals9 TFS Serie A: Atlético Mineiro

I felt good about my team last season. We went 75-87 the prior year and dealt with several injuries and the suspension of our ace Jeff Bailey. Last year, we turned it around and ultimately secured a wild card spot and a great 89-73 record. Alfonso Zapata was our breakout player. He earned his first all-star appearance and stayed consistent by posting a 3.4 WAR at the end of the season.

We made some moves this offseason and hope that they will help us in the long run. Our biggest loss from last season was Franklin Davis. He's was one of the best hitters in baseball last season and we felt that we could add a great piece by trading him away for a young arm. We were fortunate to find a trade partner in the San Diego Padres and SP Jimmy Young will be a welcomed addition to our rotation. We also added Fehmi Ceka. We are familiar with him from his time with the Phillies and hope he can be just as productive him as he was in Philadelphia.

We don't think any of our prospects are ready for the major league yet. Walt "Skeeter" Newton is close but one more year in the minors may be best for him.

1) Yankees
    2) Mets
    3) Marlins
    4) Red Sox
    5) Rays

Cubs over Yankees

The Diamondback made some nice under-the-radar moves. If that team can stay healthy, they can compete in their division and maybe earn a wildcard spot. The Phillies found a way to improve as well. Jorge Rodriguez and Kevin Phillips should put up great numbers in that lineup.

Emerson Parks comes to mind. The Rockies had a great season last year and Parks could be a reason why they go further this year.

You don't find guys that can post a .337 / .359 / .414 with a 4.1 WAR often. We will see if we miss Franklin Davis, but we believe in the pieces that we added.

Our owner wants us to keep building on what we did last year. That starts by achieving a winning record. He also wants us to increase our attendance to 28,000 per game. However, our fan interest has rose dramatically since I've been here and the projections say that we can expect to see 35,000+ per game in Marlins Ballpark this season. In 2043, he set a goal to make the playoffs in the next 5 years and we achieved that year 1. My personal goal is to continue to make the playoffs and to be able to compete with some of the top clubs.

I feel good about the owner but we're working with a tight budget here. Hopefully, he can continue to increase our budget by accomplishing our short term and long term goals.

Cy Young:
    WL - Orlando Longoria, no doubt. He's the best.
    EL - I can see it being a close race between Gilder from the Pirates, Manuel from the Yankees, and Harrell from the Phillies. I think this is the year Gilder gets his first Cy Young.

MVP:
    WL - P. Goian was lights out last year. I think he can sustain his high level of play again this year.
    EL - Krobot is going to win it eventually. He's been so close in the past but he seems hungry to get it this year.

The top of my new division (Yankees and Mets) is just as tough as the top of my old division (Phillies and Mets) so it's still an uphill climb for me but I have no complaints about it. I would rather be in a tough division like this because it gives me a high standard to aim for.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:

Last year's team set the record for wins in a season (Thanks Milwaukee and St. Louis) and won the World Series. We had a fantastic season, even with Salvador Lopez missing over half of the season.

Jacob Millar had a huge "rookie" season (lost eligibility the season before due to being up 5 days too long) as the #4 pitcher and finished 2nd in the Cy Young. Armando Calderon only played half of the season and finished 3rd in the RotY voting. Juan Medina built on his RotY campaign and turned into a full fledged superstar.

On the other hand, Orlando Longoria had a terrible season by his standards. Walk rate was the highest it has been in years, ERA was almost double from the previous season, and he had the worst ERA+ of his career. We're hoping it was just a blip and not the start of a trend. Albert Mitchell also struggled in his transition to Chicago, but he picked it up late in the season and playoffs, so we're hoping that will continue.

We didn't really do much this offseason at all. We threw a ton of money at Orlando Fernandez, a bigtime prospect out of Cuba, and hope he can develop over the next 2 years into the next stud foreign player in a Cubs uniform. We replaced Dan Hayes at backup catcher with Mike Madden. Traded off a couple of players who we liked but didn't want to put on the 40 who were going to be taken in the Rule V and got a couple of long shot prospects back for them.

We aren't planning on bringing any prospects up this year, but injuries could change that. Glenn Livingston and Matt Carlson could see time as bullpen callups. Cristo Fonseca could see time as a catcher if injuries happen as well. Top prospect Juan Flores and new signee Orlando Fernandez will spend the year in AA developing.

Cubs
    Rockies
    Diamondbacks
    White Sox
    Twins

Rangers over Yankees.

Going to go with Arizona. Didn't really lose anything while adding some solid talent.

Bob Garcia will finally show what he's made out of in San Diego.

I can think of 2 pretty big mistakes I've made in the past. Not Rule V protecting asshole Cy Bailey was a major mistake, as was trading away Leen Clarijs, who decided to develop more once he got to Baltimore.

My owner gave 3 demands this year: Win the championship, build a dynasty (win another championship in the next 6 seasons), and resign Steve Mills. First 2 make sense. The 3rd? Why in the hell would I want to spend money on a 37 year old pitcher who would be no better than 10th for SPs for me?

EL Cy: Manuel
    EL MVP: Krobot finally gets his.

WL Cy: Todd Anderson breaks through
    WL MVP: Juan Medina

Definitely a fan of it. It was fun winning 16 out of 17 NL Central championships, but it did not help my team come playoff time after playing meaningless games. Excited for a new challenge, and Lou should definitely give me one, while CxMacx10 should be good in a few years. West definitely seems tougher than the east in the now, but who knows about the future. Divisions do have some solid balance to them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Last year was very disappointing. After running out to one of the of best records in the league over the first couple of months the injury toll caught up with the team and we fizzled out down the stretch, nearly handing the division away. Won the first game against a very good Oakland team and then couldn't muster any offense to keep us in contention bowing out in 4 games in the ALDS. Last 3 years we've been to 1 World Series, 2 ALCS and 1 ALDS as our youth movement finally is producing in MLB. CF Jamie Cervantes finished 2nd in AL ROTY voting last year while having a mediocre season. We are expecting him to bounce back this year and give us 100+ RBI's.

Eldridge + Rin had really off years last season. Hoping they, along with Cervantes, can mash a bunch of dingers in a much friendlier HR division.

Acquired SP John 'Beetle' MacGregor in a trade from SD to start in the 2/3 slot behind Warren Johnson with Foster O'neal. We feel our top 3 SP are top 5 in MLB.

The #1 OVR prospect, for approx 4 years or so, SP Foster O'neal is getting the green light to start the season in the #3 slot.

Detroit
    Toronto
    Baltimore
    Nationals
    Brewers

Tigers vs. Cubs
    Seeking and revenging WS game 7 loss from 2 years ago = Tigers win!

Tough to pass judgement yet... check back later

2B Jose Davila looks ready in KC

This will be better asked next year since I have 4 major players up for renewals. We've been contract conscious the past several years with the youth movement developing and being cheap.

upload_2015-5-18_10-57-38.png

Shouldn't be an issue

SP Warren Johnson / 1B Greg Taylor

Historically speaking, my new division is no stronger than my old division. Toronto always seems to be an hot/cold team, Baltimore is competitive but doesn't produce like those teams under Raj did and the Nationals seem to always get in their own way. Brewers, well, should be easy wins similar to KC/CLE back in the old AL Central.

Glad to be in the East. West looks very tough.

10. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:

I've never seen a team win 101 games and finish the season strong only to get swept in the playoffs. So that 3 game series was the only time I felt we under-achieved. I'm ok with our performance though. SP Devin Flowers had a great year as our #5 SP with a 2.77 ERA. RF Dan Gibbons was a Rule V pick from Oakland that was forced into the lineup after Eric Huber was injured again and he had a great year.

It was a busy offseason and I think we're improved. We didn't lose anything that we really valued. 1B Jorge Rodriguez is a big improvement over Henry Owens. 3B Kevin Phillips should be an improvement over Fehmi Ceka. We picked up 1B Will Carlisle in a trade with the Cubs who has done really well in the minors and stay there for the time being. SS Roscoe Gilroy is coming in as a bench/role player. Picked up some bullpen arms in CL Luis Aguilar and RP Zhi-jun Zhang.

Don't think we have any prospects coming up. Will Carlisle is probably the only one that has a shot.

1. Philadelphia Phillies
    2. Pittsburgh Pirates
    3. Cincinnati Reds
    4. Atlanta Braves
    5. Cleveland Indians

Phillies over Rockies

Anyone that made a trade with the Twins, lol. Though I'm not a fan of giving up picks for the players they got, I think the Mariners should be much improved.

Assuming he gets the call up to the MLB, SP Foster O'Neal is a clear choice for the Tigers.

All time? I've given out some bad contracts to Wesley Washington, Conrad Tomshaw, and Michael Reed, but I most regret trading for OF Jose Avila from the Rays. I was coming off of my first trip to the NLCS and my roster was severely lacking. I had SP Jean-Francois Fournier and he had just lost control to get down to 40 or 45. I sent him and 3 prospects(2 of which reached the MLB) to the Rays for Avila. Avila was okay for me but wanted a contract extension that he wasn't worth so I let him walk after 1 season only for him to sign back with the Rays. Fournier meanwhile recovered his control and then some. He's put up 30 career WAR in the MLB and had 15 WAR while in the Nippon for 3 years in his prime. He's still pitching 13 years after this trade too. I would've loved to hold onto him rather trade him for a 1 year rental in retrospect.

Reach the playoffs, upgrade 3B, upgrade bullpen, and win a championship by 2047. I think they're pretty simple to achieve for the most part. The first 3 can all be achieved this year with a shot at the last one.

EL CY: SP Warren Johnson
    EL MVP: LF John Krobot

WL CY: SP Christophe Dupont
    WL MVP: 1B Jesus Rodriguez

I'm all for it. We're 30 years into this league and it'll be nice to play against other teams more frequently. I would've liked to have been mixed up with 2 or 3 AL teams instead of just 1 but that's the way it worked out and I think it's an interesting division nonetheless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

All systems GO! Had a great ST which I hope he can continue to succeed from and develop last bit of control. All is good until Mike kills him anyway

• Like Like x 1
  12. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    I felt like my schedule was almost all NL teams.

13. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    - I definitely feel as though we underachieved. We went from having the best record in the AL to getting swept out of the ALDS, so I'm not really sure you can ever be ok with that. Josh Stephens had a career year last year at the ripe age of 35, although his untimely injury at the end of the season proved to be costly.

- We held the roster together from what was a 100+ team from last year while also acquiring 3B Mitsukuni Hagi and SP Jorge Hernandez. We lost SP Alberto Torres and Ken Lubanski via trades but acquired decent prospects for both.

- No new fresh faces this season although I am hoping for big things out of Mitsukiuni Hagi. Hopefully a new team will help him finally live up to his potential.

1. Mets
    2. Yankees
    3. Marlins
    4. Red Sox
    5. Rays

Phillies over Athletics in 6.

- I really like the moves Lou made with Colorado. Some of them were a bit surprising but the man has a history of deals working in his favor in the long run, hard not to trust him at this point.

- I think LF Bill Saunders is primed to have a strong season in Houston. He had a pretty great rookie campaign last year and still has some progressing to do, but I expect big things from him :)banghead:).

- There have been so many over the years. Most recently the Lou Brooks deal which cost me Bill Saunders comes to mind. Although its hard to really hate that one too much as I ended up winning the World Series that year in part due to Brooks.

- Reach the playoffs, upgrade CF, improve SBs, extend Manuel, earn $16,000,000, and build a championship team by 2049. All those are easily achievable but I'm not entirely excited about the earn $16,000,000 goal.

EL Cy Young - SP Angel Manuel
    EL MVP - 1B Charles Eldridge

WL Cy Young - Todd Anderson
    WL MVP - LF Pedro Flores

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Any time you go under .500 you have to feel like you under achieved. That being said, with the offseason that I had before last season it’s a wonder I was even close to an even record.

Jesus Rodriguez broke out to the tune of an AL MVP season. Arturo Garza finished 3rd in ROTY voting and won a platinum stick at SS so I’m hoping for him to continue the climb.

I was expecting more out of Juan Leon. He went 8-16 with a 4.50 ERA for the year.

The only addition of note I had was trading for Alberto Torres. He’ll come in and be my #4 starter and hopefully improve the back end of my rotation.

I didn’t lose anyone that I cared about so that was a plus.

Jerry Hampton and Glenn O’Hagan are being brought up to the active roster and will hopefully have a positive impact. Hampton hit .290/.353/.403 during the spring while O’Hagan hit .295/.397/.475 so I’d like to see them keep that up.

I’d like to see Garza really build on his solid rookie season and he has shown in the spring that he might be capable of that. He hit .385/.429/.692 this spring.

I’m kind of pulling these out of my ass.

1. Houston
    2. Texas
    3. KC
    4. San Diego
    5. St Louis

I’ll go with Oakland over Toronto for the WS

This one is hard for me to come up with but I’ll go with Oakland for the absolute fleecing of Minnesota for Zhulidov.

I think Foster O’Neal is primed to have a big year for Detroit.

Has to be trading Eduardo Martinez to Baltimore for Casy Richards and some MR bum.

He’s got 2 goals for me this year.

One is to “not suck completely”. Those are his words, not mine. I think I can pull that off.

The other is to cut payroll to $80M. That one will hurt.

EL CY – Angel Manuel (He’s won the last 3, why stop now)
    WL CY – Christophe Dupont

EL MVP – John Krobot
    WL MVP – Jesus Rodriguez (duh)

I’m excited about it. It’ll give me a chance to get a rivalry with some other guys and I think overall interest will pick up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Lou Bondzai Fmode11 Question 7 (about moves you regret) are about all time, not just this season.

16. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Fixed

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

When I traded C Juan Valdes to I Peench & LAA in an effort to survive the .500 rule and acquire immediate SP help. To only see Mike get rid of the rule that off-season. Silver lining was that Valdes quit his career early (can't remember why).

Valdes won AL MVP, AL ROTY and GG at C all in the same year (2031) :(

18. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I think Valdes tore his ACL and then had a rehab issue. But yeah, that's 100% one of the more regretful moves.

19. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Last time I did one of these and bragged about my prospects for a question, all three got hurt in the same season. So I ain't saying shit positively about my teams anymore.

Underachieved all regular season and finished 87-75 and third in the AL West after we entered the year as preseason division favorites. My bats sucked all season and we failed to hit over .280 for the first time in a half-decade, but our pitching was a little better and the bullpen did ok.

I didn't expect much in the playoffs but we defeated the Angels in extra innings in the Wild Card game and swept the top team in the AL (Yankees) in the Division Round before losing to the A's in the ALCS. I hate not hitting at least 90 wins but the postseason run made up for it a bit.

My payroll has been pretty high the last 2/3 years because all my young guys are in their primes right now and got paid, so we had to make some choices and let a few contributors go, mainly 1B Jorge Rodriguez. Simply couldn't afford his 14.5 mil arby price tag; would have loved to keep him otherwise.

We were a part of the Twins raiding and scored Terry Larkin to replace Rodriguez and a good arm in Masamune Koyama who will start the year in long relief before taking over for Julio Reed in the rotation when the old bastard eventually croaks by mid-season.

SS William Williams is the shortstop of the future and looks primed for a good year. We're really excited about him, even if he declined to change his horrific name when management requested it in the offseason.

1. Rangers
    2. Astros
    3. Padres
    4. Royals
    5. Cardinals

World Series:

Cubs and their cheese ass roster over the Phillies in 5 games.

I thought Hal and the Phillies made some solid moves - anytime you pick up a couple of former Rangers I'd say you had a good day at the office.(y)

2B Jose Davila on the Royals. Hopefully Bond is too stupid to call him up.;)

7. What transaction (trade, contract, letting a player go) do you regret the most in your entire tenure?

This one is easy - I traded Angel Manuel to Tampa Bay back in the day for a closer and a shortstop. Both guys helped me for a few years, but Manuel became a god. The dumbass was completely dying in my system then as soon as I dealt him he progressed to what you see today.

My owner can go fist himself. Took away 12 mil off my budget after earning him $20 mil last year and making the ALCS. He wants me to max out attendance (almost 50K for a shithole stadium), win a title, and build a championship team, so yeah, choke on a dick, dude.

East League:
    Cy Young: Angel Manuel
    MVP: John Krobot

West League:
    Cy Young: Bob Garcia
    MVP: Mark Zhulidov

I love it. Gets me out of the best division in baseball for the past 15 years and sets up regional rivalries with KC and St. Louis. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the rest of the AL West will do now that we don't have to beat each other up for almost 80 games out of the year.

• Like Like x 1
  20. PhiGuy179

PhiGuy179 Walk On

Last Season was a very rough season on the organization as a whole. Alot was taking place that caused the Brewers to make many mistakes. I wouldn't suggest that we had any breakouts this past year. The happenings of this past year have led the Brewers to make many hard decisions for this upcoming year.

I feel very excited about this past offseason. We finally made some hard decisions that resulted in the Brewers bringing in some hope for our future. Losing Parks was a extremely hard choice, however with great players come great return. The Brewers are hoping for a return that outweighs what they gave up.

We don't plan on bringing anyone up only because we want to make sure our star players can all come up with each other.

Detroit Kitty Cats
    Toronto Blue Rats with Wings
    Washington Commies
    Baltimore Oreo's
    Milwaukee Brewers

WS- Rockies vs Pittsburgh. Rockies in 5

I feel as if the Rockies have had the best offseason.

Parks, Playing in coors field will help him become the star he was meant to be.

I regret the Simms trade, Taylor hasnt been the player we all wanted him to be and none of the prospects have panned out.

500 ball......fat chance stupid idiot.

Cy Young- Angel Manuel
    MVP- Emerson Parks

I like the realignment. I think its going to help the Brewers in the long run. I really hope we can overcome the previous years of abuse.

21. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

We went 100-62 last season. This came as a huge shocker. We definitely exceeded expectations. Saikawa had one of the best seasons of his career at age 35. Pancho Arreola also had a breakout season. Robert Kisner went 19-5 with a sub 3 ERA in his rookie year. And Randy Brock proved that he can be a threat at the top of the rotation. Our two best players, Taylor and Baca, performed very poorly by their standards. We dealt Baca for next to nothing and hope that Taylor can return to MVP form.

Well as stated we dealt Baca. With his regression we felt that the 12+ million a year going to him could be better spent. We made some small additions just to fill the leaks, but nothing major to report. We lost some bullpen arms and did a shitty job of replacing them.

None coming up.

Yankees
    Mets
    Marlins
    Red Sox
    Rays

Cubs over Yankees in 4

Obviously Oakland. The only thing that would have made that heist more noteworthy was if Robert DeNiro had led the team.
    [​IMG]

Foster O'Neal

Without a doubt, the Ryan Downes and Raymond Schmitt for Matt Ferguson and Luis Anaya trade. This completely altered the next decade of two teams. Three of the players in the trade never amounted to anything due to injuries or stupidity, and in the end one of the teams had to go all in for a ring in exchange for their future.

He wants us to make a world series within the next four years. He also wants us to increase attendance, hit more homeruns, add a team leader, and make his dick two inches longer.

Manuel/Taylor

It was getting a little too chummy around here. I'm all for it.

• Like Like x 1
  22. rschwep

rschwep Always Rebuilding

Featured Threads:

We finally took the step forward that I'd been waiting for for a few seasons, prompting me to empty the farm of prospects that I largely don't think are Petco fits to try and take advantage of this window now. In that sense, I'd call it overachieving. Internally, David Green continued his growth to become an All-Star and Carlton Owens had a strong, injury-free (finally) season, which was good. But so much of the squad is new this year that it's tough to nail down individual player breakouts.

I absolutely loved my offseason. From last season's trade deadline through now, I don't think I could have done much better. Compared to Opening Day 2043, my rotation will have 4/5 new starters, my bullpen will have 5/7 new members, and my main starting lineup will have 5/9 new hitters. In the offseason, acquisitions such as Ted Martin and Franklin Davis are new big bats, while Dave Edwards will be expected to fill-in for John MacGregor, with Cesar Morales and David Dotson locking down the pen with far better ratings than anyone I've ever had back there.

A casualty of the moves I made were most of my prospects, but to be honest I didn't think that many of my highly rated prospects were good Petco fits. I'm sort of starting over in that regard, and now that I have a better feel for my club, I hope to do a more intelligent job of rebuilding the farm system while my young ML team sticks together over the next several years.

Rangers
    Padres
    Astros
    Royals
    Cardinals

Cubs over Yankees

You have to like what Arizona did in FA, sadly.

Both prospects that I traded to Roggie

Hey Roggie I hope you wrote this question knowing what my answer would be to this one.

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 5.13.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 5.14.38 PM.png

This team should be over .500 and I should contend for the playoffs now, let alone by 2049. I hope that should, in turn, increase attendance. Meanwhile, I have no desire to obtain a power hitter thanks to my park, so let's hope my owner considers Martin close enough, and that payroll goal is LOL wort---err, I mean, Mr. Moores, I'll do my best.

EL: Manuel / Krobot
    WL: BOBBY GARCIA / Zhulidov

I think my League is the tougher of the two but I didn't get stuck with the Cubs so hey I'll take it.

23. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    That payroll goal is ridiculous. That's less than the top 2 highest paid players for most teams.

If your entire 40 man roster was only making the league minimum, that would be $26 mil. Spend that extra $6 mil wisely.

24. Lou

Lou Walk On

Fixed!

• Like Like x 1
  25. rschwep

rschwep Always Rebuilding

Featured Threads:
    I have to assume that goal came only out of me trying so hard to blow it up ... around last Opening Day I think I legitimately did have like 90% of my team under 1 million. I was under that number for a while, until I got Paulse, Lewis, and Garcia.