24 hours until announce to the league

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Oct 27, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I'll sleep on it but heres the deal. Just when I try to work hard and find time for the league things fall apart.

Frisk has quit. Blogger X has pushed him over the edge along with no time.

Jeremy has quit because of issues with Dunlap.

Dunlap is stepping off the board because of all the issues that surround him.

I can't handle the drama any longer. I work way too hard in real life and here to continue to put up with the crap.

If you guys wanna be men and talk this mess out here and figure it out then fine.

If not then we had a good run but I have no interest in starting all over with 3 of my top tier board members leaving, 2 from the league completely.

I am tired. Dead tired. I am tired physically and mentally of all the crap. Instead of trying to find solutions and work things out we all, including me, draw lines in the sand and call it a day. I can't handle it any more.

So this board has 24 hours. 24 hours to figure this out are we let TF know we are outta here and call it a day. Either way, I am done playing games. I enjoy what we do here. I enjoy my friendship with you guys. I enjoy having Win back fully on board here. Ya, my attitude has stunk cause of a crappy game and no time, but I am working on that. I just can't do this any more. We either work it out, come up with solutions and a plan, or we're done. Either way it's up to this board. If this post turns into a pissing match then that tells me all I need to know.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Let me be clear and take responsibility here.

Jeremy (I dont think he has quit yet and certainly hope he does not) approached me on AIM to express some issues he had with me. This is how it's supposed to be done, and I am glad he did it that way. After taking a long look in the mirrior I realized that a lot of the 'drama' issues with the league have surrounded me and while I know I am a good owner and great contributor to the league, perhaps a leadership position wasn't viable at this time and I was willing to give up my board position to smooth things over and give you more level headed guys at the top a chance to run things.

I have, or never will, have intentions of actually leaving the league. I would simply be just Jags Coach Dunlap :)

Now that said, if Jeremy and/or Frisk want to leave then that is their choice to make, but I am willing to man up and take responsibility and find somebody good to replace me in here to keep things rolling.

However if they truly want to leave then I am not going to leave this league high and dry. There are 32 owners here and just because 3 of us at the top have differences we can't allow it to spill over and affect the great thing we have going here. This league is central to Tradition Football and the best madden league here still, no doubt. It will continue.

Let's discuss the best way to get it done. Like I said, I have no hard feelings and am willing to do WHATEVER it takes to help and contribute to this league, as the OMFL is much bigger than I am.

So Jeremy, Frisk...everybody.....if you guys are still here tell me what you want me to do. I will do anything you want to keep this league going. Aside from leaving the league completely I will do whatever you need me to do, and i really mean ANYTHING, to keep this league going.

3. natedawg212000

I'm gone for the night, I'll be back tomorrow morning. I've got service and then bed. I am dead tired from working. I'm not mad. I'm just tired of the crap. Choose if up to the board. I personally just don't feel like starting all over and replacing 3 of the top guys here. I was mad at first, which should be understandable, but now I just want to figure it out. Tired of the crap.

4. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Wow I must really be nieve I had no idea any of this stuff was going on here. Whatever is needed to keep this going is what should be done. We should all find time to chat about this in blast or something, man I had no idea. How did we get to this point and can it be repaired? Whatever is needed from me I will do to keep this league going and I am sure a lot of other board members would also.

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

You are right to be mad, it is understandable. Like I said I am taking responsibility for creating the Blogger X drama and the previous Matt drama. I am at your mercy here guys, I am taking the bullet for the league here. Please tell me what you'd like from me. Tell me to go hide in a corner with the Jags and never post any content or in AIM blast and I'll do that. Tell me to throw my remaining games and be really friendly to the guys who beat me, and I'll do that. Tell me to write a huge apology and then you guys can publically boot me from the board and make an example out of me....I can do that!

Really anything you want from me I'll do.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If you guys don't mind, and can take a bit of a tongue lashing, I would like to be the voice of reason.

I speak not as a board member (as, officially speaking, I am not), but as a friend to all of you. I consider you all friends and family even though we have never met in most cases. But the board has had issues for a while now, and it comes down to just a lack of leadership by US. I include myself in this because even though I am not an official board member, I was one and am respected as such.

Nate, your rants about how bad the game are (justified as some of us feel they are) in the blast chat, along with lack of content have hurt lately. I know you have been super busy, but posting that you may not be able to get to your normal content (along with using this board room as your personal rant fest place) would have been a better option.

Dunlap, you know I respect you as an owner and a great asset to this league. But your passion has no bounds. That is a huge problem when you are in a leadership position in a place that does not work face-to-face, where people can get to know you personally and know your idiosyncrasies. I think a step down from the board would be a benefit right now. It maintains consistency.

While Nate has been away and aggravated, it was up to US as a group to keep this puppy rolling smoothly. We did, at best, an average job. That falls on ALL OF US.

Myself included. I have been reluctant to rise up and say things because I am not the kind of guy that does the "rah-rah" speeches. I lead by example. I also don't want the impression that I want/need power or anything like that (which is probably not the case, but that is the way my demented mind operates). Nate is the boss here, and Jeremy is his second in command. This is, has, and will always be, Nate's baby. I joined up here in Madden 10 after 4 years away from Madden. All because he sold me the idea of being able to play people from everywhere, buddies from his PC days, and having fun together. Like we used to do on the PS1 and SNES days of playing Madden together in a living room.

I went and picked up the game. Got to know lots of people through this league that I never would have met before. People that I treat as family and friends. I am horrible at the game, but I enjoy contributing to this league in whatever capacity I am needed. I went and got Madden 11 after leaving this league high and dry because I was childish and selfish. Point blank. So I am using this as my redemption period more than anything.

Board members, new and old, we have to rally. We have a solid group of owners. We have a solid group of board members. But we all have to give more if we are in this area posting. More opinions. More feedback. More yelling. That is why this area is PRIVATE. Yell at each other. Call each other a bunch of idiots and dumbasses. What is said in here STAYS IN HERE. That's why we are here.

This is the mother-F*(&ing OMFL. This league has been in some incarnation for what, 11-12 years? This thing can definitely keep going, and we can do it. Change is never easy, but we need it.

7. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Well said Winuvas and I agree time for us to step up men...

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

Yeup. Again I am willing to bite the bullet and leave to keep Frisk and Jeremy here. But if they don't want to stay then I'll stay here and help rebuild.

9. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

As board members we have pledged to take the good with the bad,and I am OK with that. But we have too many things going on ,in our OMFL life and also in our real-life, to have to constantly deal with pety arguments or he-said crap.

Dunlap, you are a dedicated owner & an asset to the OMFL as an owner but drama seems to follow you. Issue after issue always seems to come up with your name attached. As OMFL co-commish I decided for myself that it was enough. I never once thought that the Boot Vote I would have called would gather enough votes to actually boot you but something had to be done. I just couldnt allow the same issues to keep coming up, eventually it would have began to hurt the OMFL if it hasnt already.

I respect your decision to step down and become just an owner. This is not something that I want and please dont think it is making me happy because its not but I think it is something that MUST be done for the good of the OMFL.

OMFL has become a big part of my life in this last year and I really do not want to leave here. I will make a seperate post in the leadership thread that Winuvas has already started.

10. natedawg212000

I'll be making my own post on these thoughts in a bit.