27-0 run gives Nebraska win over Michigan

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    A 2nd quarter run by Nebraska gave the Cornhuskers a much needed boost after a few weeks of semi-disappointing play.

A 0-0 1st quarter seemed to look like another slow start for NEbrsaka but they put on the jets. They forced turnovers, which led to Michigan benching star QB Josh Brady in favor of backup John Curtis.

Nebraska wanted to establish a bit more of balance to their offense and Maurice Bryant has stepped up and become the impact RB and the RB who can fight for tough yards and break the big one. He did both today. One play he broke two tackles running up the gut and then showing off his speed on a 61 yard scamper. Bryant would finish the game with 157 yards on 22 carries and 2TD's. He has been a pleasant surprise for the Cornhuskers who came into this year with a question of who would assume the starting role at RB. Bryant hasn't disappointed.

More importantly though was how efficient and clean the offense played today. They didn't turn the ball over, which has been a bug-a-boo for Nebraska since the start of the season. And for the 1st time this season, they rushed more times then they passed, which will be a key element coming down the stretch as they embark on their battle with hated rival, Penn State.

2. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

GG Mo. That run was just a heartbreaker for the Wolverines and Brady has seen his last snap as Michigan QB.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    :-o

is Brady a senior?

4. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Yeah. I won't be sad to see that head-case leave. It may just have been the OC!