2pt conversion question

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HotRod, Oct 5, 2010.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    2pt conversion question

Situation: End of the game, just scored a touchdown and am down 1 pt. I want to go for 2 to just go for the win instead of going to OT.

Is this sim or not?

2. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

In this situation I like to go by the saying that if you are playing on the road, go for the win, but if you are home, go for the tie. That's just me though.

I wouldn't have a problem with someone going for two at this point in a game as long as they don't pull out a cheese play for the conversion.

3. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Coaches do that in real life. The only problem would be if it's really easy to do a certain play or some cheese thing. It just seems like it would be easier to make it on the game than real life. It is done in real life but we don't have the same consequences for not making it as a real coach would. That is why they don't do it very much. You won't get fired at the end of the year. It's a tough call. I would probably not go for two in that situation.

4. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

This is totally sim - simply a coaches decision thinking that they have a better chance of winning the game right then as opposed to taking the game to OT.