3-3-5 and 4-2-5

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by DirtycashDylan, Jul 20, 2010.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

3-3-5 and 4-2-5

Anyone felt these out yet? Are leagues allowing them?

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I haven't really used the 3-3-5 at all... but I've used the 4-2-5 a lot.

Doesn't seem over proportionately powerful against the run... but I haven't tried setting up blitzes to exploit the AI or moving people out of position yet. /shrug

3. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Haven't played with those exclusive playbooks but I feel dirty every time I use the 3-3-5 package in the nickel. In my experiences its been stronger against the run than it should be, and that's playing the Cover 2 Buc.

4. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    The 3-3-5 is not exceptionally strong against the run IMO. I have used it from the nickel quite a bit. Seems more balanced.

5. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

actually these defenses are quite week its the 4-6 this year thats the do all shut don defense ive seen

6. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I agree with bama. I've had alot of trouble against the 4-6 normal out of multi D book

7. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

People on OS are saying that the 4-2-5 is pretty amazing this year with decent athletes. I had a game where my power running game was shut down by it. I couldn't even run straight up the middle because a CB or S would come around the end to fast. If I tried to pass I was getting hit pretty quickly by blizting CBs and with how flawed CPU pass defenders are this year it was impossible to pass on it as well.

8. lukeoverture

lukeoverture Walk On

I have a lot of trouble with the 46 normal this year, also. Haven't played against the 4-2-5 yet, but I did use it my first game and it worked alright. Nothing amazing, though. However, I didn't have the absolute best athletes using TCU.

9. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I've had both the CPU and users run all over me using the 4-2-5. I don't find it unbalanced in any sort of way, it has weaknesses like any other defense, depending on what play you're calling. The 3-3-5, I cannot vouch for but the 4-2-5 seems perfectly fine to me this year.