3-3-5 Defense

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big Suge Knight, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I meant to post this before we started season two but I wanted to wait for the patch to see how it played. The 3-3-5 is overpowering to the poor AI blcoking so after season two it will no longer be allowed in 1st & 10. I have played multiple games with the patch in ODs and Play Now and remains "unblockable." Many leagues dont allow it from what I have talked to others about. Changing this now will everyone to recruit properly.

Also running the 1-5-5 should also be removed from CPBs or not used if you use a standard PB.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

2. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

Is Nickel 3-3-5 allowed? Or both the base 3-3-5 and the nickel version are banned? I don't use it much but it is in my playbook and I will throw it in occasionally.

3. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Mine's a Nickel base. But I have found it in man coverage to be highly effective, especially against anything run outside. I do appreciate the ability to use this league and forums to learn, as I am trying to "wiggle" my way through interpretations of some of the rules, e.g. line shifting, and play TSO standard sim. Thanks to Big Suge Knight

4. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Weird that the AI can block a 4-3 (seven guys) and not a 3-3 (six guys).

There's a 3-3-5 in the 4-3 playbook. So I guess I'm wondering the same thing Austin is wondering.

5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    A nickel 3-3-5 is okay and should really be used against appropriate personnel.

The be difference in the AI seems to be the CPU lineman not being able to keep with the faster defenders especially on run plays. IRL a team should be able to go I formation and pound the ball on a 3-3-5 (Rich Rods UM team against Wisconsin for example). But in NCAA that doesnt happen because you generally have defenders coming free into the backfield.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

Agreed. Also, the MLB stacked behind the DT gives the G a hard time trying to reach him bc almost every run play has the G combo block with the Center and release to the MLB against the stack and he can also run free right up the middle for a tackle in the backfield.