3 Draft Classes to Build Your Franchise Around in M25

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by I Peench, Apr 30, 2013.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

3 Draft Classes to Build Your Franchise Around in M25

All you seasoned Madden vets know that there is a definitive difference between a good player and a good “Madden” player. With that in mind, here is my list of three teams that hit home runs in the draft as far as Madden is concerned. While you might disagree with my three selections, keep in mind I took into account the versatility of the players, and how their specific strengths translate into the world of Madden.

[​IMG]

1 8(8) T. Austin WR West Virginia
    1 30(30) A. Ogletree ILB Georgia
    3 9(71) T. McDonald S USC
    3 30(92) S. Bailey WR West Virginia
    4 16(113)B. Jones OL Alabama
    5 16(149)B. McGee CB Miami (FL)
    5 27(160)Z. Stacy RB Vanderbilt

[​IMG]
    Ogletree's athleticism at LB will be coveted by Madden gamers

Rams fans should be incredibly happy with this haul, as they get both need and “madden” value. Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey are two freakish athletes who will surely bring their own version of “The Greatest Show on Turf” to St. Louis. I expect both players to have great speed, acceleration, and elusiveness; making them a nightmare in the open field as receivers and in the return game. MLB Alec Ogletree is the ideal madden LB, as he will have high speed, acceleration, and good ball ball skills – Ram owners that user their MLBs will have a field day. TJ McDonald is yet another great Madden prospect, as he is somewhat reminiscent of his fellow Trojan Taylor Mays. He’s a big-bodied safety who can lay the lumber, and is sure to force a few fumbles. Barrett Jones should bring some good depth to the interior offensive line, while Zach Stacy will bring some added toughness to their backfield.

[​IMG]

1 2(2) L. Joeckel OT Texas A&M
    2 1(33) J. Cyprien S Florida International
    3 2(64) D. Gratz CB Connecticut
    4 4(101) A. Sanders WR South Carolina
    5 2(135) D. Robinson HB Michigan
    6 1(169) J. Evans S Florida
    7 2(208) J. Harris CB New Mexico State
    7 4(210) D. McCray CB Appalachian State

[​IMG]
    Cover boy is sure to be overrated

There are two critical things to keep in mind while evaluating the Jaguars Madden draft class: 1) Luke Joekel will be lined up at RT, and 2) Dernard Robinson is on the cover of NCAA 14. Anyone who has played enough Madden knows that the RT position is arguably the most important in the game. When looking for that position in the draft, Madden generates prospects stronger run blockers whom often struggle in pass pro. So, to get a pass blocking, franchise RT is absolutely huge. As for Robinson?...I hate to admit it, but there’s little to no doubt in my mind he’ll be rated artificially high due to his face being on the cover of NCAA. He is, however, a shifty runner who should bring added value in the return game and in the slot, and looks to have the same type of impact Dexter McCluster has on the Chiefs in Madden. Judging from Madden 13’s draft classes, good cover safeties are nearly impossible to find. As such, Cyprien is a good piece to build a defense around. Ace Sanders is another intriguing athlete with added value in the return game.

[​IMG]

1 21(21) T. Eifert TE Notre Dame
    2 5(37) G. Bernard RB North Carolina
    2 21(53) M. Hunt DE Southern Methodist
    3 22(84) S. Williams S Georgia
    4 21(118)S. Porter OLB Texas A&M
    5 23(156)T. Hawkinson OT Kansas
    6 22(190)R. Burkhead RB Nebraska
    6 29(197)C. Hamilton WR Arkansas
    7 34(240)R. Fragel OT Ohio State
    7 45(251)T. Johnson OL South Carolina

[​IMG]
    Eifert can be both split out wide and lined up inside, making him a matchup nightmare

The Bengals have perhaps the best 1-2 combo in this entire draft. Tyler Eifert is a huge, athletic TE who is sure to be a matchup nightmare (high jump, speed, catch in traffic). Don’t sleep on his run blocking skills either, as he’ll bring extra value there. Giovanni Bernard, on the other hand, is the best running back in this class, and I can only hope he’s rated as such. When I watched him play at UNC, he just looked like the kind of back whose game transitioned perfectly to the next level (great balance, quick feet, patience). I do believe Donny Moore will give him some props, and he will be a very balanced back who can make plays in the passing game as well. Margus Hunt is an interesting Madden prospect, as he’s sure to have high strength, speed, and acceleration. Seeing as those are some of the most expensive traits to upgrade on a defensive end, this makes him a really, really solid 3rd round pick as far as Madden is concerned. I’d also look out for Burkhead with RTP 2.0, as he is sure to dish out some nasty trucksticks.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  2. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Bengals for me!!

3. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Cheese it up with Gresham and Eifert

4. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Don't forget the great draft by the Steelers and 49ers also Peench, both got some serious weapons in Madden

Bell and Jones for the Steelers will be good, and McDonald to go with Davis at TE will be tough to defend, Lattimore depending on how they rate him (could be just bad injury but good skills) Eric Reid at S will be really good for Madden. Also give the 49ers that big second back to keep both Gore and Lattimore fresh with James and Hunter as change of pace and potential trade pieces.

5. Luke

Luke Walk On

Woohoo can't wait to play with Jay Gruden's new toys on offense!